Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Marvel Heroes: Tune in at 5 pm EST Today for a Big Announcement

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,595MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Garrett Fuller just phoned straight from the show floor at PAX East to tell us that the Marvel Heroes team will be making a major announcement today at 5:00 pm EST/2:00 pm PST. Be sure to come by at that time for the latest news from Gazillion and the Marvel Heroes team!

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• theniffrigtheniffrig DublinPosts: 351Member
    Perhaps it's the release date.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    Hopefully it's news that they are rescraping the whole thing to create  a real Marvel MMORPG instead of whatever the heck this is.

Smile

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Hopefully it's news that they are rescraping the whole thing to create  a real Marvel MMORPG instead of whatever the heck this is.

I'm sure this is a shock to the majority here at MMORPG.com living inside their self-imposed bubbles, but the game is actually wildly popular on its own. There are people EVERYWHERE and they have nothing but good to say about it. Considering how many people bought the $200 package (one of which wasn't me, I really like the game but that's too much to spend on a game these days) I'd say it's doing just fine as is. 

Hopefully this is an Open Beta announcement. It seemed in the last playtest that they had the game relatively wrapped up production-wise, they've even retexutured the characters for more detailed models and faces. The only thing that was still being worked out was the server issues, trying to make it so the masses of people playing at once could do so without all the lag. If that's all that's left, an Open Beta is just what the doc' ordered. I'm looking forward to being able to play without fear my progress will get wiped.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Detroit, MIPosts: 376Member
    WTB villians and PvP added to the game.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

I'm sure this is a shock to the majority here at MMORPG.com living inside their self-imposed bubbles, but the game is actually wildly popular on its own. There are people EVERYWHERE and they have nothing but good to say about it. Considering how many people bought the $200 package (one of which wasn't me, I really like the game but that's too much to spend on a game these days) I'd say it's doing just fine as is. 

Hopefully this is an Open Beta announcement. It seemed in the last playtest that they had the game relatively wrapped up production-wise, they've even retexutured the characters for more detailed models and faces. The only thing that was still being worked out was the server issues, trying to make it so the masses of people playing at once could do so without all the lag. If that's all that's left, an Open Beta is just what the doc' ordered. I'm looking forward to being able to play without fear my progress will get wiped.

Well I'm thrilled so many people can enjoy a reskinned Diablo.

Smile

• DalekThayDalekThay Bangor, MIPosts: 52Member

Maybe they'll let us create our own characters instead of having to use Spider-Man variant #5467. Wait nevermind, according to Marvel Inc. & Dave Brevik comic book fans are completely devoid of any sort of creativity or inspiration. I guess we should leave it to the folks who brought us such fine stories as Maximum Clonage, Marville, Ultimatum, & One More Day. I mean, they're the ones who know so goddamn much about superheroes, right?

• harvest151harvest151 charlotte, NCPosts: 217Member
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Well I'm thrilled so many people can enjoy a reskinned Diablo.

A reskinned Diablo with about 6 powers per toon.  Honestly, it's fun.... for about 2 hours.  Then (just like neverwinter) same old powers, same old bullshit.

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,402Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

this. I'd probably buy the 200 pack for it, too.

• adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,035Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    Originally posted by OgreRaper

this. I'd probably buy the 200 pack for it, too.

It seems like a no-brainer, so hopefully someone there has a brain.

• triton54xtriton54x canton, GAPosts: 39Member

yea i have no clue why newer mmos are only give u 5-6 spells and hoping you would have fun. after 2 hours of playing its gets too repetitive and feels like a chore  imagine playing over 150 hours with the same spells .not me

with 5 or 6 spells evcerythign it so simple i can always predict what will happen next

• MilanderMilander Windsor, ONPosts: 151Member Uncommon
    Why do they give you 5-6 powers? Because that way it is easy to port things over to a console system. Make some super complex UI and you cant make an easy carry over.