Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Montage trailer of the best class in the game:P

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• HironHiron Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Oh yea!! My favo class of all time. I play rogue in EVERY game^^ Had fun with the battle=D
  • SafoSafo Member UncommonPosts: 48

Maybe I'll try it out this weekend, with the GWFighter.

Last weekend I played the Cleric and it was pretty fun to me anyways... but, melee seems like a blast and much stabbing shall be done.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

The Rogue in Neverwinter is quite possibly one of the most entertaining melee experiences in any MMORPG (or RPG's period, for that matter) ever.

Highly recommend trying it out for anyone who hasn't already.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Kost

The Rogue in Neverwinter is quite possibly one of the most entertaining melee experiences in any MMORPG (or RPG's period, for that matter) ever.

yea unfortunately for me its a double edged sword because i find the other classes a lot less enjoyable overall because the rogue is so fun heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

yea unfortunately for me its a double edged sword because i find the other classes a lot less enjoyable overall because the rogue is so fun heh

True the Rogue is a lot of fun since he has many skills/abilites that really work towards his combat mechanics but I also found the Guardian Fighter to be very fun as well, he could dish out great damage but the fun is with his strategic combat and later in the game there a lot more enemies that block and use bigger hits and the combat mechanics compliment the fights very well. I found that I was always looking for a fight with the bigger enemies since they had more abilites at their disposal and were alway almost grouped up with various other enemies for a more strategic fight, you couldn't just jump in and just spam buttons or you would get nullified.  

So in both cases Rogue and Guardian for me were the top classes,  Cleric being third since they were just so OP and all I did was use a lot less abilities and it came down to debuffing the enemy to get more health each hit back and dishing out damage and healing.   It require a lot less effort to kill enemies cause the cleric could overheal/compensate for the incoming damge.  with a some adjustments to his healing it could be more challenging but reducing too much of the heals will make it insufficient for group healing.  So they'll have to look into creating enemies that have specific goals and abilities that can make life harder for the cleric.  Combine these new enemy types and the game will become more interesting in general.   

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Laross

True the Rogue is a lot of fun since he has many skills/abilites that really work towards his combat mechanics but I also found the Guardian Fighter to be very fun as well, he could dish out great damage but the fun is with his strategic combat and later in the game there a lot more enemies that block and use bigger hits and the combat mechanics compliment the fights very well. I found that I was always looking for a fight with the bigger enemies since they had more abilites at their disposal and were alway almost grouped up with various other enemies for a more strategic fight, you couldn't just jump in and just spam buttons or you would get nullified.  

So in both cases Rogue and Guardian for me were the top classes,  Cleric being third since they were just so OP and all I did was use a lot less abilities and it came down to debuffing the enemy to get more health each hit back and dishing out damage and healing.   It require a lot less effort to kill enemies cause the cleric could overheal/compensate for the incoming damge.  with a some adjustments to his healing it could be more challenging but reducing too much of the heals will make it insufficient for group healing.  So they'll have to look into creating enemies that have specific goals and abilities that can make life harder for the cleric.  Combine these new enemy types and the game will become more interesting in general.   

been trying the guardian more this beta but still don't care for it at all.. the block doesn't feel as responsive as it should and with 5+ enemies all beating on you, you either have to sit and hold block or not even worry about it and pound them out and just take the hits(at least in the early levels).. cleric isn't too bad but the electric slide(their dodge) is horrid to me i dunno who thought that was a good idea:( great weapon fighter is meh to me didn't really enjoy it and i can't get past the overall feel of the rooting on the wizard.. so basically leaves me with rogue.. luckily i enjoy rogue very much, just wish i could find some enjoyment in the other classes

• SafoSafo Member UncommonPosts: 48

been trying the guardian more this beta but still don't care for it at all.. the block doesn't feel as responsive as it should and with 5+ enemies all beating on you, you either have to sit and hold block or not even worry about it and pound them out and just take the hits(at least in the early levels).. cleric isn't too bad but the electric slide(their dodge) is horrid to me i dunno who thought that was a good idea:( great weapon fighter is meh to me didn't really enjoy it and i can't get past the overall feel of the rooting on the wizard.. so basically leaves me with rogue.. luckily i enjoy rogue very much, just wish i could find some enjoyment in the other classes

After watching the video of the guy here from MMORPG.com playing the Great Weapon Fighter, I'm not really feeling it at all.  It looked very cumbersome and slow, not very much fun at all.  Maybe it'll be different when I get to play it but, after watching the Rogue Montage above again, it just makes all the other classes pale in comparison, on a fun scale.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

something you may not know that while you block you can attack at the same time, you just need to hold the shield down and press the attack and same with shield bashing which allows you to mitigate damage while causing damage :)