Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative client download location?

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

HI guys!

I'm trying to download the beta since last night. Although i selected "direct download", the client i got seems to make use of some sort of torrent system, which provides me with less than 1/KBs.

Does anyone know of a real direct download?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• klaphoodklaphood Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Same here. It's incredibly slow. I'm already trying to find some other sources to download the client, but couldn't come up with any yet.
  • revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

Hello

Using the torrent download option i am getting a wide range of speeds from 48KB/s to 1.6MB/s while not great it is better than the 1KB/s.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by revslave

Using the torrent download option i am getting a wide range of speeds from 48KB/s to 1.6MB/s while not great it is better than the 1KB/s.

While I don't like torrent, I had to go that way during the previous beta, so I can say from experience, listen to revslave...

During off-peak US time with "good" speed (since I'm in Eu) the direct download got to 3% - after 6 hours... then I got pissed, launched the torrent and the whole install was down in about 20 minutes. So direct download ftw in most cases, but with Neverwinter maybe you could try the torrent option.

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Had the same issues last night. I closed out IE and cleared my cache and had no problems after that.  Good luck DL'ing today everyone and their mother will be trying to do the same.  
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    My torrent was slow but my direct download whizzed down,just can not now connect to the log in servers keep getting a time out message.  image
    p>
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    sorry to move away from thread..but is'nt beta supposd to be underway?..7pm gmt..tried to log in and got nothing..just came up error even though i used a key from this site.
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by kevjards
    sorry to move away from thread..but is'nt beta supposd to be underway?..7pm gmt..tried to log in and got nothing..just came up error even though i used a key from this site.

Same here mate wonder if these keys are the problem,are you having trouble connecting to the account servers?

p>
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    The key I got from mmorpg.com worked fine.