Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newsletter #2

Had some good stuff... looking forward to next week now!

Comments

• WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159

Our Kickstarter launch day draws ever closer and now it is sharing time. So, grab your trusty axe, sword or staff and join us around the burning village's central marketplace for some quick and tasty updates.

First, next week we will unveil a large sampling of our Kickstarter pledge tiers for discussion/dissection by the community through two developer diaries. In them I discuss the thought process I went through in creating these tiers, some of the backer rewards and my overall goals for our Kickstarter in terms of backer rewards. As I have done over the last few months, this process has been a very collaborative one that involved lots of feedback and suggestions from the community. It's still not too late to have your voices heard so please, if you think that we should add some additional rewards or you just want to say “well done” please feel free to do so!

Secondly, when we started this mailing list I said that we would use it to facilitate direct communication (albeit one-way) between us and some of our potential backers. I also said that that would be prizes and pie for all. Well, maybe I did not mention pie but I know I mentioned prizes so here is the first one. Everybody who has subscribed to our mailing before the Kickstarter launches will receive additional Founders Points. What are Founder's Points you might ask? Well, stay tuned for the developer diaries to find out. In addition, to claim your points when our game launches you will need to use the same email address that you have here so make sure to keep your email address current. In addition, if you have any friends or foes that might want to play Camelot Unchained when it launches, it would be definitely worth their time to sign up now so pass this on! As always, we will not sell, staple or mutilate your email address and this list not only helps us gauge the initial interest in Camelot Unchained.

Finally, a quick scheduling update for our Kickstarter. It is going to be a long week here at CSE but we are still trying to keep to our schedule of launching in March. As always, life ends up intruding a bit, but we are as anxious as you are to see the Kickstarter go LIVE. If you want to help, look into a mirror, click your silver shoes and say, “I do believe in RvR” three times at midnight.

For those of you at PAX East and GDC, we hope they are great events (PAX East has a great lineup this year) and we are sorry and jealous that we couldn't be there with you but instead we'll be in the office every day until we launch so enjoy!

-Mark

I can't wait!  Better go sign up for newsletter if you haven't already done so.

CSE should add a referral system for getting people to sign up. :P

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299
    Yay! New newsletters or foundational principles postings always brighten my day. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

Hey Mark, i remember you once mentionned to let you know if we didnt receive the newsletters even tho we subscribed to it.

i did subscribe, but aint receiving it !

I want my money back !

....Oh wait, i didnt give you any...

oh well, i want my newsletters nonetheless :D

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397
    Me too actually, received Newsletter #1, but not #2 at least not yet.

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649

Originally posted by BowbowDAoC

Hey Mark, i remember you once mentionned to let you know if we didnt receive the newsletters even tho we subscribed to it.

i did subscribe, but aint receiving it !

I want my money back !

....Oh wait, i didnt give you any...

oh well, i want my newsletters nonetheless :D

Originally posted by Niix_Ozek
    Me too actually, received Newsletter #1, but not #2 at least not yet.

Let me know if you don't get it in the next few hours. We're using the same service that we used before so it should work just fine but...

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I just got mine, I guess they send them out in batches.
  • WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Can't wait to see the reward tiers, I just hope I can afford the highest one :)

I'd bet that the highest tier will be a few grand.  I've seen it in other kickstarters.

If you got that much cash to spend... can I have some?

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • RealLifeGobboRealLifeGobbo Member Posts: 218
    No problems here. :-)

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

I do believe in RvR.  *click*

I do believe in RvR.  *click*

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

I do believe in RvR.  *click*

You fought to wear your Ruby Keenstompers :P

• HagnarHagnar Member UncommonPosts: 39

I can't wait!  Better go sign up for newsletter if you haven't already done so.

CSE should add a referral system for getting people to sign up. :P

Man, I signed to the newsletter 1 minute after I discovered the existence of  CU. I spent 1 month refreshing Kickstarter... I can't wait to get into this project. 

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by MarkJacobs
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC Hey Mark, i remember you once mentionned to let you know if we didnt receive the newsletters even tho we subscribed to it. i did subscribe, but aint receiving it ! I want my money back ! ....Oh wait, i didnt give you any... oh well, i want my newsletters nonetheless :D Originally posted by Niix_Ozek Me too actually, received Newsletter #1, but not #2 at least not yet.
    Let me know if you don't get it in the next few hours. We're using the same service that we used before so it should work just fine but...

Ok i got it ! At 14:07

Thanks !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397
    Got it too, thanks!

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

Cool. Glad the service is working well. Would have been a bit scary if that went south.

Mark Jacobs

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Originally posted by Wazluk

Originally posted by Xobdnas Can't wait to see the reward tiers, I just hope I can afford the highest one :)
    I'd bet that the highest tier will be a few grand.  I've seen it in other kickstarters.

If you got that much cash to spend... can I have some?

2k! Good lord! PT Barnum would loved kickstarter.

I suspect the top tier will be well more than a few grand.  Probably $10-15k.

I have plenty of disposable cash, but I only spend that kind of money if I'm investing and looking at a potential financial return.  heh.  I'll probably be donating somewhere in the $50-250 range depending on the perks.  Very excited about the game, but one can only kickstart so many projects (I'm already kickstarting Oculus Rift and Star Citizen).  This is the only fantasy MMO I will kickstart unless somebody else comes up with a fantasy MMO that is a sandboxy Eve style game with a lot of PvE in it as well.. but that would probably require a full production budget and wouldn't be a kickstarter anyway (and would probably end up being crap because of it).

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

Pretty sure that 10k is the highest you can make for a kickstarter pledge, no higher then that.

Originally posted by Stiler

Pretty sure that 10k is the highest you can make for a kickstarter pledge, no higher then that.

Yep. Kickstarter-imposed limit.

Mark Jacobs

• WaldschratMXWaldschratMX Member Posts: 1

"Everybody who has subscribed to our mailing before the Kickstarter launches will receive additional Founders Points."

Does that count for the german and french newsletter also?

• Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156

Mark, I did actually recieve a mail saying "Camelot Unchained Newsletter Two" and the content is this:

C.U. News and Clues
    Camelot Unchained Website (http://camelotunchained.us5.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=2b70fd18d895dd960141bac55&id=f43ab3348d&e=4c2990a297)   (http://)

Camelot Unchained on Facebook (http://camelotunchained.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b70fd18d895dd960141bac55&id=8706ef3b24&e=4c2990a297)

** Our First News Letter!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

After this the whole first newsletter is shown once again. Seems there might be some technical issues.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

Originally posted by WaldschratMX

"Everybody who has subscribed to our mailing before the Kickstarter launches will receive additional Founders Points."

Does that count for the german and french newsletter also?

Of course.

Mark Jacobs

• Newsletter was great!  So looking forward to the Kickstart release and more information.  I've been doing my best to spread the word through my gaming connections about the game.

Looking forward to a more official Forum and place of discussion as well.

Is there anything in works along with Kickstarter to bring the community to a CSE place of discussion?