Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone even able to connect to the servers?

DrekaxxxDrekaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 9
 Apparently first time i tried i managed to get a place in queue until some video started and i got a time out error and now i cant  even connect to servers when i launch the game

Comments

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

I watched the beginning and got booted at character creation.

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 274

No have not gotten into the game yet.  Server kept timing out after drop ship into next loading screen.   Now saying the servers are down.

Looks like getting into the game to play is off to a bad start.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I hope trion learns a lesson from this and prevents this at release.  This is what beta is for after all.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Not yet... typical growing pains. It'll be fine I'm sure.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
    I've been placed in que.  Says I have an 8+ hour wait.   Wonder if I'll just sit here and wait?  Not  ;o)
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Nobody can yet. Go and play something else and come back later is my advice.  Maybe it's just a beta test for creating your character and watching a cut scean? We just don't know ;)
  • UDproxUDprox Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by mastersomrat
    I've been placed in que.  Says I have an 8+ hour wait.   Wonder if I'll just sit here and wait?  Not  ;o)

In queue as well, but my wait time is 15 hours!

• BHWolfBHWolf Member UncommonPosts: 10

They have taken the PC  servers down for both EU and US. One guy had a 9 day wait shown!

The servers are still down as of the time of this post.

• DrekaxxxDrekaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 9

come on guys come join this great game we all experiencing a lot of fun trying to join the servers but the best part is we all did a great job shutting down their servers so please join us in so we can be stronger

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/424/Defiance-Beta-Key-Giveaway.html

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm guessing the cutscene that plays after character creation is on your harddrive. I get to the "escape pod launch" part and then the "connection to the servers has timed out" popup appears....
  • lordtwistedlordtwisted Member UncommonPosts: 570

In general anyone that would have been in the game would have been playing, not here replying to this post. 

So, only going to find negative responses here.

Not so nice guy!

• DasSpyDasSpy Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Im in the que spot 2312.  28 day wait!!! whoot!
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, the "News Feed" on the login screen says that beta3 ends on "Sunday at 9PM PDT (4AM GMT)". 

That should read as "Sunday at 9PM PDT (Monday 4AM GMT)".

Or perhaps we euro's get one day less beta... ? image

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

Server select screen .... no servers to choose from (((

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by lordtwisted

In general anyone that would have been in the game would have been playing, not here replying to this post. 

So, only going to find negative responses here.

Uhm.. You're only going to find negative responses here because NO ONE can play.  

Sometimes I just wish I could punch people through my screen..

• gulthawgulthaw Member Posts: 17

Anyone from EU having the same problems?

I'm not even going to a queue! That would mean that some servers are on...

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    You guys are lucky to even get into a queue.  I can't even finish patching without it failing and starting over.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Think this is the first time I've ever really regretted pre-ordering a game. Which is kind of surprising considering I owned Final Fantasy XIV CE.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Roin
    Think this is the first time I've ever really regretted pre-ordering a game. Which is kind of surprising considering I owned Final Fantasy XIV CE.

well if you pre-ordered from amazon like i did you can just cancel:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Was a problem a while but then got in. Played like 20 minutes and left.....

to buy the ultimate edition and not spoil myself too much.

This game is brilliant. :)

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Sadly I've been getting my games thru Steam. Sometimes they like to give you a run around when asking for refund. Other times they just ok it with no hassles.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Sadly I've been getting my games thru Steam. Sometimes they like to give you a run around when asking for refund. Other times they just ok it with no hassles.

ahh yea.. if it's available through amazon i almost always do amazon as I never had an issue just cancelling from them.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg