Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEFENSE

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am a big fan of active defense vs passive defense.  Obviously we will have our right mouse button to block attacks, and there surely will be defensive abbilities that one can put in the skillslots,  but i am also hoping that there will be an active dodge like we know from GW2. Just to evade AoE spells. and abillities.

I have found that this would make the combat much more dynamic, as it makes people move during PvE and makes the NPC react to that.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Then you will be happy. Dodge is in the game and you can spec to add passive skills to your dodge like in GW2. Dodge and gain X amount of sta. That sort of thing. Also using gear like heavy armor will skill up and give you defense abilities. Light armor skill up will instead give you things like faster regen on magica.
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I dont consider GW2's dodge "active dodge" at all

All that dogdge was hitting a button that made you roll and giving you a 1s immunity, spells and arrows just homed in on you no matter where you moved to.

Dodge is moving out of the way and the bolt or arrow actually missing you.

Asheron's Call was fun like that, you could physicaly avoid projectiles from mobs and players. lol.. and that game was made in '99.. figure that one out,

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Then you will be happy. Dodge is in the game and you can spec to add passive skills to your dodge like in GW2. Dodge and gain X amount of sta. That sort of thing. Also using gear like heavy armor will skill up and give you defense abilities. Light armor skill up will instead give you things like faster regen on magica.

I think i am going to love this game even more then i currently enjoy GW2.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Ya its a cool system. I am planing on playing a Battlemage kinda char focused on tanking. 1h sword and shield for tanking and 2h sword for DPS. My mage will use heavy armor and I will be looking for ST and AE spells mostly to keep aggro and DPS. Mage tanking =-)

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Ya its a cool system. I am planing on playing a Battlemage kinda char focused on tanking. 1h sword and shield for tanking and 2h sword for DPS. My mage will use heavy armor and I will be looking for ST and AE spells mostly to keep aggro and DPS. Mage tanking =-)

This system does seem promising.  I cant wait for all the info to come out and have fun with the character builders.  Theory crafters will have thier work cut out for them for sure.  A mage tank sounds like a lot fo fun, hope it is viable/possible.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Maephisto

This system does seem promising.  I cant wait for all the info to come out and have fun with the character builders.  Theory crafters will have thier work cut out for them for sure.  A mage tank sounds like a lot fo fun, hope it is viable/possible.

In one of the AMAs they describe a mage in a heavy plate helping to tank. Obviously they didn't go very indepth, but I do believe it'll be possible. I might be trying a stealth healer, myself.

Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Maephisto

In one of the AMAs they describe a mage in a heavy plate helping to tank. Obviously they didn't go very indepth, but I do believe it'll be possible. I might be trying a stealth healer, myself.

And thats before you get a chance to level up your heavy armor skills much.