Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Latest State of the Game Letter Published

13»

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    Sounds like they're still ignoring the real complaints and pretending that the game is doing well.

You make me like charity

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    Originally posted by umcorian

a F2P game that nearly shamelessly asks you to pay money at various turns, but the way SWTOR asks you to is downright passive aggressive and petulant. Like how they have quests that give you particular items ONLY if you're a subscriber, but they still show you the item if you aren't... as if to say: "Well, here's your awesome reward for doing that-OH WAIT, you seem to be... without a subscription? Aw, that's too bad. Guess we'll just flush this quest reward down the toilet. Here's 30 credits though."

The worst is when they show you how much EXP you'd get if you weren't a free player, but then have your actual EXP amount in red next to it, like it's the wrong answer to a test at school. 

I've never played a F2P game that goes out of its way to make you feel so unwelcome if you aren't a paying customer. Got 2 characters to 10 as F2P and was like: "Daaamn. You want me out that badly, all you have to do is tell me! I know where I ain't wanted."

EA is just a **** company. Hope it wins worst company of the year again.  

couldn´t agree more, when I tried F2P it was really distateful how they forced the cartel market icon on me in nearly every window, got constantly reminded how second class F2P is. Also funny, each time walking into a damn cantina you get that immersion breaking line "Only Subscribers gain rested XP".

Oh by the way, you don´t want to look like a clown and wear green trousers with a red chestpiece? Buy the fancy "unify colors" option you had turned on before, now on the cartel market! And go buy it for each character! When you are at it, you might want to buy the awesome "hide headslot ability" or buy some invisible boots at the cartel market.

how about no?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• VlackeVlacke BelgradePosts: 155Member
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    I'm having a great time playing  the game! Just sayin...

Agreed, i tried most of the current crop of AAA MMO's and SWTOR tops them all, just my personal opinion.

• NC-JohnNC-John burlington, WIPosts: 113Member

It's still a good game, you can get a good star wars buzz when you play, but this extreme focus on the cartel market is a bad sign for me. All these interviews they give keep fixating on cartel market. I know it's the source were they make money, but I think they need to make it back seat subject and develop it without making the entire focal point of development, and the various interviews they give. It reminds me of when they were fixated on legacy and pretty much all you ever heard about was legacy. I think they need to stop marketing a feature that really is the one armed bandit money thief of the game, and start talking about crafting and getting some of that revamped, and put subscibers needs first.

Cartle market is just a feature that supposed to be for F2P people, not something that also forces subscibers to have to pay extra each month to enjoy new content.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

13»