Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW Gameplay Video!!!

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    doesn't seem like anything special so far... but it's hard to tell from this flying camera. When we get a video from a players point of view with the UI and everything than we'll see what the game is really like.
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Ingvar
    doesn't seem like anything special so far... but it's hard to tell from this flying camera. When we get a video from a players point of view with the UI and everything than we'll see what the game is really like.

I agree but at least it's something for now

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

Have to agree.  Melee combat  looked stiff, not fluid and smooth.  Hopefully that will be resolved before release.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    combat looks realy slow and undynamic. hope it will be better when it releases. otherwise it will be a disappointment to me.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by khartokhar3
    combat looks realy slow and undynamic. hope it will be better when it releases. otherwise it will be a disappointment to me.

I disagree. It looks like their weapons have weight, this is good. 

Looks like you may be rooted though. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by coretex666

Elder Scrolls online has such a great potential. I am afraid it will be wasted in the themepark setting.

Now I am most interested in how long it will take from level 1 to the point at which you can no longer make your character stronger. When the meaningful progression ends, the MMORPG ends for me.

I am in minority here obviously.

The video looks nice. Combat seems to be perfectly sufficient for a MMORPG.

Bingo.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

3. None of the spell effects or melee hits seemed to affect the foe at all.  The mages were launching fireballs and no one flinched.  The swords were landing hits and no one flinched.  Mobility looked low like the game is straight tab-targeted hard locked.  I hope that's not the case.

GOD I HATE THAT.  That's the exact problem I had with TSW.  Nothing reacted to being hit.  GW2 and TERA got that right, but most MMOs just get it wrong, wrong, wrong.  I showed this to a friend I've been talking about the game with, and she said 'what's the problem?'

:-

Nothing, just that it's 2013... and Everquest 2 wants it's "stand and hit something til it falls over because that's the only way you know it's taking damage" combat back.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Being rooted with reticle targeting would be odd outside of some ranged magical attacks you channel. I wonder if you can lock target? However. if combat is the main thing they expect you to do in a game it better be fun and if they want you looking at it on screen rather than at the hotbar it at least shouldn’t be unpleasant to the eye.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Video looks ok. Doesnt seem like they have improved the animations much in the last couple months. Good news is the environments look good and the monster models are nice. Seems like they nailed the PC models and the architecture. Def need to see more gameplay vids to get a better fell for it, but it seems like its coming along.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I agree with this.  Without the player's perspective and UI, it's just another trailer, and not a true gameplay video.  Thanks for the link though, it at least shows us what to expect, although not in full detail.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ....man that was boring.  Combat looked static and dated there, hope that was year old footage.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    ....man that was boring.  Combat looked static and dated there, hope that was year old footage.

I'm trying to remain optimistic myself.  Maybe those were NPCs or something.  Maybe they were placeholder animations.  All I know is I play games for their combat and the way it flows, and if it's in beta already, they better get their butts moving in a better direction.  I've been spoiled by GW2 and Tera, I want to engage an enemy, not swing at the air between us until they're dead, and then only because my stats were higher.  I want to see REAL gameplay (ie: Totalbiscuit etc.)

The locale graphics are beautiful though.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by monarc333
    Video looks ok. Doesnt seem like they have improved the animations much in the last couple months. Good news is the environments look good and the monster models are nice. Seems like they nailed the PC models and the architecture. Def need to see more gameplay vids to get a better fell for it, but it seems like its coming along.

You wrote exactly what I was going to write lol. I think they already nailed the environments and the NPCs. I agree with others that the animations in the video (if it really is new and not just a posting of an older version) need some improvement. However, considering this is version 1.0 or whatever and the fact that I doubt this game will come out until around 4th quarter (maybe 11/11/13? lol), I think they have time to still improve this drastically as I've seen other games make major strides with less time available. Even SWTOR improved the animations drastically since the start of beta to the end of beta.

There Is Always Hope!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Not trying to troll or something, but why I am seeing War Hammer Online "all over" ? From static combat to animations , spells and such?..

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by IceAge
    Not trying to troll or something, but why I am seeing War Hammer Online "all over" ? From static combat to animations , spells and such?..

That was about my reaction.  There was no gore, no great action, it just looked like both sides sitting there swinging away at each other but never landing a blow.  The enviroement was beautiful, bu the combat just looked booorrriing.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    No one moves during combat image
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    It has a very nice atmosphere to it.  Needs a little more work on the animations but i can live with it.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Bigmac1910Bigmac1910 Member Posts: 19

Im sorry but the combat looked laughably stiff, they a lot of work to do. 

• AriannaeAriannae Member UncommonPosts: 40

They -had- to use the Morrowind theme song, didn't they?

Fuckers.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Environments and character models looked great, but animations and combat were plain terrible.

Animations should be fixed by launch, but I'm a bit scared how combat will turn out.

• MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    The world details look fantastic as do the character models. It looks pretty sharp at this stage so far (Hello beta testing). Animations need more fine tuning, of course (I like that they are NOT going stylized with it). The crafting sounds like it's shaping up really well and world resources being quite abundant makes this sounding and looking pretty damn good to me. I'm keeping my eyes on this one. I like it so far.
  • EbonheartEbonheart Member Posts: 138

What's with these short milk-drinking Orsimer?

I've seen Elvish women with more body depth and bicep/shoulder/leg/muscle slider.

I am thoroughly disappointed.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Yeah what were they thinking puting a beta out thats not even ready to launch.. 

Lol go back and hide and watch.. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I know you cant review combat based on vieos, but it looked pretty static..

I know you can block with your right mouse button, but personally i would not mind if they added a dodge mechanisme like in GW2... and make NPC´s a bit more moving.  I really love the dynamic combat and the dynamic movement in GW2...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by coretex666

Elder Scrolls online has such a great potential. I am afraid it will be wasted in the themepark setting.

Now I am most interested in how long it will take from level 1 to the point at which you can no longer make your character stronger. When the meaningful progression ends, the MMORPG ends for me.

I am in minority here obviously.

The video looks nice. Combat seems to be perfectly sufficient for a MMORPG.

If they keep to their word and keep to their single player RPG's style of questing, I'm having a hard time comparing it to a themepark. You will really not be on rails. If they keep true to their word that is.

However, in my consideration a themepark is to have everything laid out and planned for you, and you just enjoy the ride. Kind of like a linear experience. If your opinion of one is something else, sure, it might be themepark.