Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clearing up "Clearing up the *new* faction lock"

pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
Http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

"Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil."

"When I asked Sage about raiding, he said that ESO's adventure zones are designed for larger groups of PvE players. You can actually go into the adventure zones with a small group and accomplish some goals, but there are large areas in these maps dedicated to larger group experiences. There will be some warning when you're about to trigger one of these encounters (and they may even end up instanced), so a small group won't suddenly find itself face to face with a Daedric Prince!" On raiding...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/7227/FirstPerson-Exploring-and-the-Nightblade.html/page/1

"That depends on you.  With the mega-server, you'll set your playstyle preferences, and in each zone you travel too be matched up with like-minder players.  Want open pvp? Select it as a preference and you're there.  Not so much? No worries, you can carebear it up." Bill Murphy on PvP

On my phone, adding more quotes. Give me a moment.

Comments

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

Except Paul Sage said when youre questing in the other faction, the only  human people you see when youre questing there is fellow people from your alliance who hit the 50 cap.

You cant grief players in another faction, you cant be a level 1 starting the game and see level 50s from other factions in yours.

Yeah, the end-game really opens up with crafting providing the best gear and there being no raids. "Sooo, you wanna farm some crafting materials together?" Paul Sage said Crafting is gonna provide the best gear. And that dungeon gear can be upgraded from crafting. So it sounds like crafting is the be-all end-all of end game.

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    Originally posted by hMJem

Except Paul Sage said when youre questing in the other faction, the only  human people you see when youre questing there is fellow people from your alliance who hit the 50 cap. You cant grief players in another faction, you cant be a level 1 starting the game and see level 50s from other factions in yours.

I continue to provide quotes and links so please provide a source and we can agree that Sage is lying.

Youtube any of the 4 Paul Sage videos released this past week. He talks about it more than once. I'm not home so I can't go time-searching for when he talks about it. I guarantee you though if you watch the videos (Would probably take 40-50 minutes though) you'd find it yourself, however otherwise tomorrow I will provide a time-stamp link of when he talks about it. These are words I'm taking from PAUL SAGES voice himself. You can find all of them just by basic youtubing "Elder Scrolls Paul Sage" and sort by uploaded within the past week or something.

Except Paul Sage said when youre questing in the other faction, the only  human people you see when youre questing there is fellow people from your alliance who hit the 50 cap. You cant grief players in another faction, you cant be a level 1 starting the game and see level 50s from other factions in yours. Yeah, the end-game really opens up with crafting providing the best gear and there being no raids. "Sooo, you wanna farm some crafting materials together?" Paul Sage said Crafting is gonna provide the best gear. And that dungeon gear can be upgraded from crafting. So it sounds like crafting is the be-all end-all of end game.

Updated my post about large group pve content.
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

I really really can't find myself enjoying this game if there isn't a faction lock. It takes away the US vs. THEM mentality and well, when that is IN a game it helps keep immersion running for a good long time. When it's removed you begin looking at the "cuteness" or "racial traits" of the race and couldn't care less about any over head (war, conflict etc.)

That lack of caring about the war, conflict, reason for the faction split...saddens me in games and it means a lot to me.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
    Originally posted by pb1285n

Except Paul Sage said when youre questing in the other faction, the only  human people you see when youre questing there is fellow people from your alliance who hit the 50 cap.

You cant grief players in another faction, you cant be a level 1 starting the game and see level 50s from other factions in yours.

Yeah, the end-game really opens up with crafting providing the best gear and there being no raids. "Sooo, you wanna farm some crafting materials together?" Paul Sage said Crafting is gonna provide the best gear. And that dungeon gear can be upgraded from crafting. So it sounds like crafting is the be-all end-all of end game.

"After kicking Molag's Bals, a New Game Plus type option opens up, allowing access to harder, high-level versions of the other two factions' zones (populated by your side, via a story twist yet to be revealed) sprinkled with excellent endgame loot for solo players to pick up."

Populated by your side

Populated by your side

Also, that hardly sounds like a real Raid. A small group can do it? Then it isnt really a Raid.. You dont do 10 man raids with 4 people.. Which tells me it isnt really gear-incentive, but for fun with a decent reward.

Except Paul Sage said when youre questing in the other faction, the only  human people you see when youre questing there is fellow people from your alliance who hit the 50 cap.   You cant grief players in another faction, you cant be a level 1 starting the game and see level 50s from other factions in yours.   Yeah, the end-game really opens up with crafting providing the best gear and there being no raids. "Sooo, you wanna farm some crafting materials together?" Paul Sage said Crafting is gonna provide the best gear. And that dungeon gear can be upgraded from crafting. So it sounds like crafting is the be-all end-all of end game.

"After kicking Molag's Bals, a New Game Plus type option opens up, allowing access to harder, high-level versions of the other two factions' zones (populated by your side, via a story twist yet to be revealed) sprinkled with excellent endgame loot for solo players to pick up."

Populated by your side

Populated by your side

Where is that from? The only thing I can say is that it doesn't specify *only* by your side. This article clearly states you can play with members of other factions. Obviously there is some misinformation going on but you can't decide that the information you are getting it more credible.
    So your information from Joystiq para-phrasing Paul Sage is more credible than a video with direct words from Paul Sage's mouth?

Except Paul Sage said when youre questing in the other faction, the only  human people you see when youre questing there is fellow people from your alliance who hit the 50 cap.   You cant grief players in another faction, you cant be a level 1 starting the game and see level 50s from other factions in yours.   Yeah, the end-game really opens up with crafting providing the best gear and there being no raids. "Sooo, you wanna farm some crafting materials together?" Paul Sage said Crafting is gonna provide the best gear. And that dungeon gear can be upgraded from crafting. So it sounds like crafting is the be-all end-all of end game.

Populated by your side

Populated by your side

Also, that hardly sounds like a real Raid. A small group can do it? Then it isnt really a Raid.. You dont do 10 man raids with 4 people.. Which tells me it isnt really gear-incentive, but for fun with a decent reward.

Reading comprehension. It says adventure zones will be doable by small groups but it has content specifically designed for larger groups. Its not your typical raid, but until we learn more we don't know what it is.

So your information from Joystiq para-phrasing Paul Sage is more credible than a video with direct words from Paul Sage's mouth?

That isn't the only source that has stated that you can interact with other factions. The quote you posted is vague and doesn't really tell us anything definite.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

That isn't the only source that has stated that you can interact with other factions. The quote you posted is vague and doesn't really tell us anything definite.

12:30 into the video starts her answer, @ 12:50 she says "...while you're in that region, you will only see players from your own faction.." Clear enough for you?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?list=UUpu8dLHavjMi1a5jgT9ycMA&v=yGrflK6An6Y&desktop_uri=/watch?v=yGrflK6An6Y&list=UUpu8dLHavjMi1a5jgT9ycMA

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253

OP, I feel your pain, I was even the guy who wrote the "Matt Firor Plays An Assassin IRL..." thread, but here's the deal: Maria Aliprando in a video interview SPECIFICALLY said that you'll only be able to see and group with people from your own faction... Nick Konckle said basically the same thing in an MMORPG.com video interview... The thing the d-bag at Massively said was his interpretation of what Paul Sage said, which was obviously incorrect.... one piece of contradicting information is heresay from some idiot at Massively, the other is straight from the mouth of 2 seperate Lead Developers at zenimax...

Which one has more credibility? You decide.