Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flame and frost page updated.

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/

WvW skills screenshot is particularly interesting. Charr hero has strange face. It seems like this living story will finally move forward and we will have actually something to do.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    looking forward to it:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Rox looks ridiculous.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by moosecatlol
    Rox looks ridiculous.

She does. Sad that they probably tried hard to give her personality but we already judged her by looks from 1 screenshot =P

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by QSatu
    Rox looks ridiculous.

She does. Sad that they probably tried hard to give her personality but we already judged her by looks from 1 screenshot =P

mostly the wide eyes.. lol i dunno she does look silly though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    What they mention is the content I have been on ,those two have been in the game since last patch one of them (maybe both,are just outside lion .
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by QSatu
    Rox looks ridiculous.

mostly the wide eyes.. lol i dunno she does look silly though

I think she looks pretty awesome :O

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I think she looks crazy and that's just.......

PERFECT!!!! :D

This is not a game.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    WvW progression is another huge disappointment... These devs don't seem to get PvP at all.
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Dat mace and shield...me want this
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    WvW progression is another huge disappointment... These devs don't seem to get PvP at all.

What would you have added that would be in alignment with their core value of balanced PvP?

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Wvwvw always been dissapointment. And I believe it will take months to "progress" in W3 to unlock new bonuses, which are in my opinion, totally worthless. 

Originally posted by evilastro

What would you have added that would be in alignment with their core value of balanced PvP?

Balanced PvP is boring PvP.

Look at DAoC. Was it balanced? Not by a long shot. Was it incredibly fun? Hell yeah.

The issue is not if its balanced or not, but if the progression system is fun and interesting. WoW's gear grind is boring. GW2's weak passives are even worse.

I would have added active (and a few passive) WvW-only skills (like DAoC's realm abilities). They copied so much from DAoC in WvW but they left out the most important things: real progression system, realm/server pride (and if you think GW2 has server pride you are dead wrong), competitive outdoor group vs group, relics, PvP dungeon etc.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

Look at DAoC. Was it balanced? Not by a long shot. Was it incredibly fun? Hell yeah.

The issue is not if its balanced or not, but if the progression system is fun and interesting. WoW's gear grind is boring. GW2's weak passives are even worse.

I would have added active (and a few passive) WvW-only skills (like DAoC's realm abilities). They copied so much from DAoC in WvW but they left out the most important things: real progression system, realm/server pride (and if you think GW2 has server pride you are dead wrong), competitive outdoor group vs group, relics, PvP dungeon etc.

But my friend you are forgetting somthing important.

Anet siad, this ins not thire last update for WvW this just a start, they said more skills will be added(passive and active).

plus those passive skills are not that bad, why so much hate on something that isnt released yet.

But some people have decided to just hate the game at what ever it Do.

Originally posted by rafalex007

But my friend you are forgetting somthing important.

Anet siad, this ins not thire last update for WvW this just a start, they said more skills will be added(passive and active).

plus those passive skills are not that bad, why so much hate on something that isnt released yet.

But some people have decided to just hate the game at what ever it Do.

When they add them, and if it is done well, I will join you guys in praising Anet.

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

We are lucky you are not in charge of GW2 and we actually get  good game.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Balanced PVP is fun. I don't know what you're going on about.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Do we know what the passives are? Because I haven't seen any info on them, other than the few examples they mentioned in an interview.