Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RMAH , Games are not a Workplace

ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

So games are becoming a workplace instead of being fun.

I remember farming in WoW was fun, talking hours with your friends after u come home from a busy day.

Rmah makes Bots even more desirable ,

I know that big company's would make money of it, but how about they start to make good games that are enjoyable instead of puting RMAH insideit.  I have readign some news that other companys intend to follow D3 example.

Maybe they should create enjoyable games instead of puting Rmah in it.

I don't even play any mmos anymore, non is creative or enjoyable, they have better graphics atlest but gameplay and everything is not even casual compared to what audience would need.

There was no MMo that killed WoW afterall. But WoW is dieing anyway.

ANYWAY  i have to mention POE witch is admirable because there is no money flow there jsut items and trading those but somehow the gameplay was not holding me there i think i had a 40 level ranger. My biggest problem was that i had filling i had 1000 latency and the game is in Beta so they might fix it , i don't know.

Comments

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    So in other words D3 sucks play PoE? Yeah no thanks.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Ah, there's the angle, took two posts and 10 paragraphs to get to it. If you want to rep that game do it in the PoE forums :)

Yes, we all know WoW is dying and it will continue to do so far at least 5 years lol
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

How is it not fun?

Not only i can kill monsters and have fun, i may even get some money from the RMAH as a side bonus.

The amount of money is small so i doubt anyone would really play it like a job.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    I've never actually heard anyone say that farming was fun before. 
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

How is it not fun?

Not only i can kill monsters and have fun, i may even get some money from the RMAH as a side bonus.

What? I know several people that play games in that way for money. I have one friend that was only able to keep his business open by selling plat in Eq for example, and another that makes several hundred a month selling stuff in Second Life. This market itself is atleast as old as UO, where selling "specials" on the internet became popular.

All Blizzard did was be one of the first to effectively monetize it.

Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

Do not confuse farm with grind. Farming is fun in much the same way that playing slot machines is fun. It hits a fair number of the same psychological buttons.

Originally posted by Livnthedream

How is it not fun?

What? I know several people that play games in that way for money. I have one friend that was only able to keep his business open by selling plat in Eq for example, and another that makes several hundred a month selling stuff in Second Life. This market itself is atleast as old as UO, where selling "specials" on the internet became popular.

All Blizzard did was be one of the first to effectively monetize it.

Do not confuse farm with grind. Farming is fun in much the same way that playing slot machines is fun. It hits a fair number of the same psychological buttons.

There is little difference between farming and grinding

Farming is hitting the same mobs over and over and over and over looking for coin and/or dropped loot.

Grinding is repetitvely doing something over and over and over looking for coin/loot/xp.

I have heard some people say they find grindnig relaxing, others say they enjoy the time with their friends while grinding, not the actually grinding itself.

I've never heard anyone say farming is fun.

If it is not fun, why do people do it as entertainment?

It is fun for me ... and of course it depends highly on combat gameplay design. If combat is good, farming is fun ... then i will do it.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    On average how long does it take for an average player to get really good items? A few hours? Weeks? Do I need to hire a team of 4-5 people and have them play the game nonstop 24 hours a day to get decent stuff?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

If it is not fun, why do people do it as entertainment?

It is fun for me ... and of course it depends highly on combat gameplay design. If combat is good, farming is fun ... then i will do it.

I accept there may be outliers, just because I haven't heard it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I would posit they don't do it as entertaintainment, they use the results of that farming for entertainment, and see the farming itself as a necessary or most efficient evil to get what they want.

• ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

So u guys don't care about the fact the future games shall implement RMAH ?

This thread if not about Poe or D3 , it is about the  News that i have been reading lately where EA is considering to implement RMAH in the future games and i guess lot of company's are thinking about it.

I have to admit I'm suprised that people took RMAH so warmly and it will infect your MMos in the future.

If you accept RMAH !  than it is wortless for me  to open any thread because in my opinion a game is about challenge and fun and owning others on pvp witch is challenge and fun.

Buying stuff to to beat the game and others is cheating and not challenging .

THe other fact is that the whole game can go in a way that will favor the use of RMAH.

Without challenge there is no fun. You guys are wrong if you think RMAH is only about D3 now. It will be there in any future mmo from Activision Blizzard and most probably in other MMOS.

Actually i'm not playing any games right now and with Rmah news in the air  I might never play any  MMo again.

RMAH is something that took away the inocence and fun about a games, and I was big game fan expecially MMO. It sadens me a lot where games are heading.

Originally posted by Claum

This thread if not about Poe or D3 , it is about the  News that i have been reading lately where EA is considering to implement RMAH in the future games and i guess lot of company's are thinking about it.

I have to admit I'm suprised that people took RMAH so warmly and it will infect your MMos in the future.

If you accept RMAH !  than it is wortless for me  to open any thread because in my opinion a game is about challenge and fun and owning others on pvp witch is challenge and fun.

Buying stuff to to beat the game and others is cheating and not challenging .

THe other fact is that the whole game can go in a way that will favor the use of RMAH.

Without challenge there is no fun. You guys are wrong if you think RMAH is only about D3 now. It will be there in any future mmo from Activision Blizzard and most probably in other MMOS.

Actually i'm not playing any games right now and with Rmah news in the air  I might never play any  MMo again.

RMAH is something that took away the inocence and fun about a games, and I was big game fan expecially MMO. It sadens me a lot where games are heading.

I personally don't care about it.  There have always been RMAH in some form or another, it used to be unsanctioned.  Today there is Cash shops and/or RMAH in every game on the market.

They haven't affected how I game, I don't expet them to in the future.

If there is an item in the shop I want I will decide if it's value to me is enough to justify the cost.

I personally don't care about it.  There have always been RMAH in some form or another, it used to be unsanctioned.  Today there is Cash shops and/or RMAH in every game on the market.

They haven't affected how I game, I don't expet them to in the future.

If there is an item in the shop I want I will decide if it's value to me is enough to justify the cost.

Basically this. In one form or another its always existed, its merely sanctioned now because it makes them money.

@VengeSunsoar Watch this. http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/the-skinner-box

The play a slot all day to get $100 vs working in a factory all day pushing a button for the same $100 is the difference between farming and grinding. In reality there is little difference in anothing but perception.

There is nothing wrong with RMAH.

Yes, games is about challenge and fun. Look at D3. Inferno is very challenging in the beginning and Blizz has to nerf it, and then later put in an option of difficulty. MP10 is still very challenge. Fun is of couse subjective but a lot of people (still #11 on xfire) think that D3 combat is fun.

So the point is that challenge and fun is not mutually exclusive from a RMAH since RMAH was in D3 from day one.

Fun & challenge is not about the RMAH, it is about the game.

And why wouldn't i took it warmly? I play a fun game ... and as a side bonus, get money from the game. Even if i don't want money, and want to pump the money back into the game (which i do), real money is much more stable in value compared to gold because of gold inflation.

If you have 100M gold .. and you stop playing for 3 weeks .. the buying power of that gold will decrease. Since RM is tied to real world value, that does not happen. Secondly, in the D3 implementation, the transaction fee on RMAH (fixed $1) is LOWER than gold (for higher value transation .. since gold transation takes 15%).

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I prefer a clean seperation between my escapism and my wallet. 

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

quite honestly I like RMAH more than I like many other pay 2 win mmorpg.

Not that I like RMAH, I just like it more than I like other p2w games.

I don't see many games adept to that model that I don't care actually.  What I care is all those f2p cash shop since there are many more of them.

I quit d3 a while ago.  I think what upset me the most is I can farm a few hundred hours and I can't make more money than people that flip AH and RMAH item... I mean buy item for 250$, sell it for 2billion and rebuy things with real cash.  That as far as I know is how many people become instand billionaire.

Originally posted by maplestone

You have been shown to be in the minority. Sorry to say.

Originally posted by maplestone

You never pay for your escapism?

I don't know about you .. but gold is little difference to money since there is black market to convert anyway. It is not like there is no RM transaction in D2. D3 just make it official.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

RMAH didn't impact my enjoyment of Diablo 3 at all.

The regular auction house ruined D3 much more than the RMAH did.  No soulbound gear + auction house = use the AH to buy all upgrades = boring game.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

You have been shown to be in the minority. Sorry to say.

That's the way of the world.   Business will chase the money on the table.  At the end of the day, I can't compete with people who leave their wallets open on the table.  So I don't come to this forum to talk about what evils I'd do if I was a real-world publisher, I come to dream of a world in which the customers and developers are all on the same side, searching their imaginations for an ideal state of zen in which stories come to life.

Well if you never really heard that grinding for an item is fun, than you never really understood the meaning of an MMo because, MMo mostly are games where you have to farm the bosses or mobs or even pvp points, so come again?

:D lolz, newbie troll

Well if you never really heard that grinding for an item is fun, than you never really understood the meaning of an MMo because, MMo mostly are games where you have to farm the bosses or mobs or even pvp points, so come again?

:D lolz, newbie troll

And the boards are full of people complaining about the grind and discussing ways of reducing/eliminating the grind.

Typically when people start to get bored of that activityk, they do something else.

so come again?

OMG this new generation is so crazy .Lets don't give a fuck about animals about the planet , water just the money is important.

U cant buy everything with money  but guess what ??  you can have 100 mill bucks u wont get the chance to buy a good MMo in this days that is actually fun and not boring.

SO lets stop for moment , im not saying it is not important to pay Hadabib who works 12 hours / day for game company so he can send the money to hes poor family.

What im saying is that it should not be the first factor to create a game. FOr god sake man game where all about fun and not money in the first place.

Try to make some google search and see that lot of game where created by passionate gamers not like today when the owners of company's never played a single game.

Believe me if a game is all about business it will fail. A game wont reach the gamers heart by pursuing only their pockets.

Why do u think all the games sucks Bro.

So yea I'm fucking naive in a dreamworld who thinks good games are made by heart and passion and not only for the sake of money.

OMG this new generation is so crazy .Lets don't give a fuck about animals about the planet , water just the money is important.

U cant buy everything with money  but guess what ??  you can have 100 mill bucks u wont get the chance to buy a good MMo in this days that is actually fun and not boring.

SO lets stop for moment , im not saying it is not important to pay Hadabib who works 12 hours pay day for game company so he can send the money to hes poor family.

What im saying is that it should not be the first factor to create a game. FOr god sake man game where all about fun and not money in the first place.

Try to make some google search and see that lot of game where created by passionate gamers not like today when the owners of company's never played a single game.

Believe me if a game is all about business it will fail. A game wont reach the gamers heart by pursing only their pocket.

Why do u think all game sucks Bro.

So yea I'm fucking naive in dreamworld who thinks good game are made by heart and passion and not only for the sake of money.

Strange rant, pretty unrelated to you topic.  You must be running out of arguments.

Most games in the past were created by companies for profit, some games were made for love of the game.  Games today arecreated by companies for profit, some games aremade for love of the game.  Today there is more opportunity for creating a game you are passionate about than ever before, especially with things like Kickstarter. 

All games don't suck, there are many good ones.

Again, strange rant barely tied to your OP. 

[mod edit]

I would say you just have a strange idea of what an MMO is.

Farming does absolutely not have to be part of an MMO, I regularly avoid it.  Most people find it pretty boring.

If you feel that farming is what MMO's are about, you don't have a clue.  That is never what they were about.

That is what people did to try and get somewhere faster, or just get a particular item.  It was bad design that led people to doing that.

It's not a strange rant at all I was replying to the comments., you just have one arrowed point of view to things

If the comments are changing than I dont mind at all i will answer to them and btw all my comments are only related to a fact that the games are made from pure income , with awesome fake trailers than after we spend our money we realise how bad it is. Something is wrong Bro and i wanted to open everybody eyes and maybe open those eyes who are creating games.

You know what would be my biggest dream ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That everybody put down all those shity games and dont buy any new ones and lets see the crazy moneymaker company what they have to say about it. WE should buy only good games.

I saw GW2 trailer ! it didnt have any free trial i was like I need a  good mmo, I dont have any good  games to play . I buyed than   i almost vomited from it.

Same shit with D3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a victim of evil game company's and I will cry here when i have time much as possible.

And again if u think games are cool go and play them and dont spend time on forums where people like me crying about games.