Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Age of Wulin vaporware?

VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Age of Wushu seems to be doing (relatively) well on USA, but what about European version of the game?

-The latest official estimation about beta start release date was given on 13.11.2012, back then the estimation was "Early 2013". After that on 29.1.2013 it was confirmed that they are launching CBT early 2013 and will announce more details shortly

-On 1.2 it was announced that Webzen is buying the publisher GPotato.

-After that, on 5.2, it was confirmed that English community manager isn't working for GPotato any longer. He was still giving information about the game at the end of January so his employment ended at the time GPotato was purchased. No reason as to why he ceased working was given.

Instead of hiring a new community manager GPotato/Webzen has let French and German community manager handle the matters with English Age of Wulin community since then. The new community managers confirmed that 

"English translations are complete and the client is being build by our developers as we speak. Once we receive the client and confirm it actually works, we are pretty much ready for CBT."

-Afterwards, there was silence about beta date. On 1.3 GPotato released info that they had received their first CB candidate client, but it wasn't the quality they wanted and they were waiting for improvements. They didn't give any estimation about CBT start date, even though a month earlier they had been positive it was going to start soon.

-Latest info, released today is that GPotato is now working on different project:

"On our side we are currently working on different projects while Snail Games is fixing the game"

The community manager was again very quiet about possible CBT start date. No information, no estimations or quesses, nothing.

Age of Wulin website is still getting occasional updates, and its forums are being moderated. But since Webzen acquired GPotato they've moved from status where they were going to announce beta start date and information very soon to status where they aren't even giving any estimations. They have less people handling community relations than they used to have. They posted that GPotato is now working on different project while waiting for Snail Games to fix the game, even though the game is already playable on other parts of the world.

Is GPotato really just waiting for Snail Games to fix some thing(s) with the game, or has GPotato's new owner decided to halt the development of Age of Wulin in favor of other projects?

Comments

• Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Yes.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    They're all playing Age of Wushu. No time to get Wulin ready.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

I think the chance is fairly high knowing Webzen's record in such matters.

Also, if it does somehow move forward I think there is a very good chance we'll see nothing until Q3 2013.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

Yeah I'm afraid Wulin will never see the light.

1.  Gpotatoe buys a licence to publish an european Age of Wushu (renamed : Age of Wulin), and pretend to be working on it.
    2. Webzen buy Gpotatoe.
    3. poof.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by Alamareth

I think the chance is fairly high knowing Webzen's record in such matters.

Also, if it does somehow move forward I think there is a very good chance we'll see nothing until Q3 2013.

huh?  go http://www.webzen.com/main  look for upcoming title, 1st time I saw it as upcoming was in 2008 or 2009

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Not sure what you mean Ares.  What I'm saying is that there's no way GPotato/Webzen (what to call them?) is going to get it out before Q3. 

As for that link, R2 goes right into the same list of Vaporware - it's been in development for 2 years.  They opened CB for it a couple of years ago and promptly shut it down.  Like I said, not the best track record.

Between Aeriagames and Webzen it's a very close race to the bottom.

ohhh :D hahaha from earlier post thought You got a lot trust in webzen :D as for R2 in russia it was f2p from 2008 I think, not sure if its still running
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    It would be a shame, but with crap companies like these, I wouldn't be surprised. I can't understand why Snail China didn't just let Snail USA publish the EU version as well. Just put up a server in London or something and run the Wushu client.
    Originally posted by Biskop
    It would be a shame, but with crap companies like these, I wouldn't be surprised. I can't understand why Snail China didn't just let Snail USA publish the EU version as well. Just put up a server in London or something and run the Wushu client.

They have chinese and now US servers doing very well, why would they want an other server ?

Sorry to sound paranoid BUT it is Snails' interest to sell their licence to someone who will never do them any shadow.... at all...

Originally posted by Vindicar
    They have chinese and now US servers doing very well, why would they want an other server ?

Because they want to make money..?

Are you saying that they'll make more money from a vaporware licence deal than from an additional server run by their own NA office? I doubt it.

Are you saying that they'll make more money from a vaporware licence deal than from an additional server run by their own NA office? I doubt it.

If they could easely run a european server and/or wanted to... why did they sell the licence to Gpotatoe ?

If they could easely run a european server and/or wanted to... why did they sell the licence to Gpotatoe ?

That's what's bugging me. Seems like a poor business desicion.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Says the man who thinks that to publish a game equals to "put up a server in London or something and run the Wushu client"...

Originally posted by Gdemami

Says the man who thinks that to publish a game equals to "put up a server in London or something and run the Wushu client"...

thx for this great insight...

I usually like irony and sarcasm... when they hide a terrible truth or when they are fun... But you are neither intersting nor fun so... troll much ?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

thx for this great insight...I usually like irony and sarcasm... when they hide a terrible truth or when they are fun... But you are neither intersting nor fun so... troll much ?

Um...so spouting out random crap without having any backing for your claims isn't trolling but pointing it out is?

thx for this great insight...

I usually like irony and sarcasm... when they hide a terrible truth or when they are fun... But you are neither intersting nor fun so... troll much ?

Um...so spouting out random crap without having any backing for your claims isn't trolling but pointing it out is?

no backing ?

Gpotatoe buy the licence right before being bought by Webzen and Age of Wulin actually is 100% vaporware : what's left of the age of wulin crew just stated that they were waiting on a new engine (or whatever) and that's it. They never been any kind of beta but the game should have been in beta for over one year now if we listened to what Gpotatoe said in the past...

of course my statement of a deal betwin Gpotatoe and Snail sounds paranoid... but it is defintly not random craps...

gpotato bought license in 2010, due to 40% less income then in 2011 they had to make deal with other company like webzen, soon probably same will be with gamigo

Says the guy who has nothing to contribute to the actual discussion but still craves attention.

The game is already being published and the NA version would work just as well in the EU. Several games have both NA and EU servers run by the same company, so if you're trying to make a point here you'll have to try harder.

But that's right, you have no point. You're just being rude on the internet.

• BatzenbaerBatzenbaer Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by bcbully
    They're all playing Age of Wushu. No time to get Wulin ready.

Not realy.

I was in 2 German Guilds and both lost over 70% of the Members in the last 2 Months.

They all quit the Game.

I did it last Week after 3 Months playing AoW.

Reasons:

-still bad Ping Network:140ms  in Game:400-700ms

-Event starts 03:00am CET

-no new Content like Meridian System,3. inner skill,4.Skillset .......

I signed up 4 Wulin Beta 1,5 Years ago.

If they wont release the Game in EU this Year,i will play PSO2,Neverwinter or ESO.