Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a mmo with similar game mechanics like Star wars Galaxies

AmbitKnightAmbitKnight Member Posts: 13
Im in the market for a new mmo. I played SWG and liked the gameplay. Is there anything similar to the gameplay and dont suggest swtor please lol. The IP does not matter to me.

Comments

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

The only game I know of that will share many of the same mechanics as SWG is The Repopulation but unfortunately it won't be out til later this year at the earliest.

I too loved SWG and have been looking for a game to fill that void but have yet to find one.

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476
    I am trying to think, but nothing except a long shot, Fallen Earth, maybe ;)
  • AmbitKnightAmbitKnight Member Posts: 13
    I am having a hard time finding a mmo to play religiously like i did swg. Ive tryed swtor couldnt get into it. I like eve but its hard for me to play.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by AmbitKnight
    Im in the market for a new mmo. I played SWG and liked the gameplay. Is there anything similar to the gameplay and dont suggest swtor please lol. The IP does not matter to me.

Closest thing I found to SWG was Ultima Online lol... 

Though I'm basing this on my pre cu experience. 

Other than that EvE does have "Some" similarities. 

• AmbitKnightAmbitKnight Member Posts: 13
    My thing with eve is it just seems like its hard for a new player to catch up with all the vets. I wanna give it another try but its kinda my last resort if i dont find anything else.
  • JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    I haven't played it for years, but Saga of Ryzom was very, very sandboxy with quite an indepth crafting system. You didn't plant harvesters, but you did have varying qualities of components you had to track down. The skill system was the most detailed thing I think I've ever seen, allowing you to essentially build your own skills by combining effects. The game didn't really have much of a market system, though, and housing was absolutely awful compared to SWG, but maybe they changed that at some point. Google shows it's still running and apparently shifted to F2P, so it might be worth a look.
  • KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

You should look at Origins of Malu! The beta will start in 2 weeks and you can grab a key at Alienware Arena. Check it out, because it could be the next sandbox hit!

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    There is currently nothing, and you are not the only one looking, either.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    It doesn't exist. Check out the Repopulation though, it's the closest thing you will find when it releases.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Kanyl

You should look at Origins of Malu! The beta will start in 2 weeks and you can grab a key at Alienware Arena. Check it out, because it could be the next sandbox hit!

That seems to have some inspiration from Ryzom.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

try kenshi.

its in alpha atm but you can still play it.

http://www.lofigames.com/

• NygleNygle Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by bakabröd

try kenshi.

its in alpha atm but you can still play it.

http://www.lofigames.com/

Damn, I am going to have to check this out.