Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the Holy Grail of MMORPG's

tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

This will be one of the most anticipated titles in MMORPG history.

So many people want a Dark Age of Camelot 2!

Please make pvp and realm pride mean something once again!

Please get rid of the instanced gameplay, where community doesn't matter.

Guilds need to band together to support their realm, even solo players should be invited to the massive raids to defend the castles. A newbie's sword is just as sharp and swift as a seasoned veteran, nobody who wants to participate in a "realm war" should be left behind, no matter what guild they are from!

Solo players have their place in a realm war, picking off stragglers, but they should never be alienated.

Give us a reason to become friends with other guilds, give us a reason to have a community where your reputation as a player means something! Not just to your guild, but to your entire realm. Make players have pride in their characters, pride in their realm above all, and pride in their guild too.

Games like world of warcraft and their instanced gameplay have destroyed the true meaning of what an MMORPG should be. They form small elite groups, and spit on other players of their own faction. They will walk right past you and watch you get killed by a member of an opposing faction, and not even stop to lend you a hand.

Remember leveling in Dark Age of Camelot in pvp, having a non resetting battleground, where if someone takes a castle, they keep it until someone else defeats them. The low level battlegrounds in DAoC were so fun and memorable, they taught you how to play your character, and play it well.

Combat will need to be very fluid, like world of warcraft, yet with the mechanics of DAoC, such as skills that can only be used when behind or beside a character,or after another skill forming a chain. Don't limit the ammount of skills like what was done with Guild Wars 2.

If you give us a game like this I will gladly pay you $40 a month to play.

Comments

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196

Amen, brother!  Preach it!

I, too, already pay $45/month to play Eve.  I would gladly pay $40/month to play a truly awesome, old school MMO that is all about RvR and building up various cities/keeps and crafting to support those efforts.

• shadeviceshadevice Member CommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by sweetdigs

Amen, brother!  Preach it!

I, too, already pay $45/month to play Eve.  I would gladly pay $40/month to play a truly awesome, old school MMO that is all about RvR and building up various cities/keeps and crafting to support those efforts.

$45 a month to play Eve? 0.o

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

I used to pay about 500 a year (thanks to yearly 60% discount) to play AO. And yes I will join you in DAoC for a high price if it's worth a damn like the old one.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Hmm are you sure OP? i thought GW2 was holy grail of MMOS? there can be only one holy grail.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Hmm are you sure OP? i thought GW2 was holy grail of MMOS? there can be only one holy grail.

Please dont even go there:)

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

All games are holy grails until they go live....then the hype dies and they are just games.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    I concur!!!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by oubers

All games are holy grails until they go live....then the hype dies and they are just games.

all too true, think OP needs to also remember that DAoC wasnt just a PVP game, PVP was just a part of it, it also had regular PVE gameplay, though undoubtedly for DAoC, the PVP was the end game.image

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

No, no Darkfall was the holy grail of MMO's and then DFUW! Where have you all been? Hell CU  hasn't even been kickstarted yet and no work other then theory crafting has been done on it from its indie company. I know the hype train is big whenever any new game is announced but man some of you are really going out on a limb here. (You know that game thats not gonna be DAoC 2 as MJ says, and hasn't started development yet, and isn't funded yet? yeah that games gonna be the Holy grail of MMORPG's!)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It's not even fair to call this title a proper MMORPG if you consider the fact it really well contain only a subset of the functionality that DAOC provided. Might need to invent a new title for it depending on what is finally delivered.

Could end up being a great game regardless as long as people don't set up unrealistic expectations, which unfortunately appears to already be happening. (which always seems to be the case)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    That type of community is almost extinct sadly. Both MMO's and the community have degraded to what they are now. But not saying there is no community like that but it's very small these days.

• SaevelSaevel Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    It's not even fair to call this title a proper MMORPG if you consider the fact it really well contain only a subset of the functionality that DAOC provided. Might need to invent a new title for it depending on what is finally delivered.

Of course it's still an MMORPG, PvE or no PvE. According to Mark, it will be a game with strong RPG elements where loads of people will be able to play together at the same time, in a persistent world. That's MMORPG defined for you, right there.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Wow, and here I thought the last game to come out was "THE MOST ANITICIPATED TITLE IN HISTORY"...........................I may or may noit check this one out. meh.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by taurak

So many people want a Dark Age of Camelot 2!

sorry to burst your bubble, but - no. most of the mmorpg players will not even try it, because most of the mmorpg players are casual players who wants to play their pve quests in F2P game w/o possibility they will be attacked any time they log in.

FFA PVP P2P MMORPG will never be more then a niche.

• shadeviceshadevice Member CommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Benedikt

sorry to burst your bubble, but - no. most of the mmorpg players will not even try it, because most of the mmorpg players are casual players who wants to play their pve quests in F2P game w/o possibility they will be attacked any time they log in.

Oh master Seer, will you use your diviniation skill to also peer into my future? how long will I live? will I ever go impotent?

Thanks

ps CU isnt FFA, its RVR. pretty much the difference between Louis CK and Kat Williams...but I know you tossed that in there for even more "I'm right" factor.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by shadevice
    Originally posted by Benedikt

Oh master Seer, will you use your diviniation skill to also peer into my future? how long will I live? will I ever go impotent?

Thanks

ps CU isnt FFA, its RVR. pretty much the difference between Louis CK and Kat Williams...but I know you tossed that in there for even more "I'm right" factor.

i dont need crystal ball for that. while i am excited for CU, i am not blinded by fanboism. RvR (only marginaly better ods for that than FFA) P2P MMORPG w/o PVE will never be more then a niche. which doesnt mean that it cannt be succesful - it just never will have million(s) players.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by taurak

How many times have we heard that phrase, boys?

If only I had a nickel...

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Eh, I will just be happy if it has enough subs to keep CSE supporting the game well and make RVR well-populated.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Is it the Second Coming?
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

I thought the Holy Grail was a mythical item.

I never played DAoC personally, but I'm sure the people who did liked it a lot and are looking for a modernized version of it.  However, isn't it a bit early to judge something that's still an idea and not even in development?

• tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

Yeah I know its a bit early to say all this stuff, but I am hopeing, HOPEING, that they see that instances are one of the main parts that made warhammer online fail.

I know DAoC had PvE as well yes, and PvE is not a bad thing to have in games like this. Raids are fun too, but it sucks to see how many MMORPG's have pushed aside PvP, and also pushed aside the major things that make a MMORPG a MMORPG.

Like I said, games like WoW, you can play that game from lvl 1-90, and not make a single friend. That is HORRIBLE in my oppinion.

Your reputation on a server should be important to you, and with everyone jumping into the first available instance, with players on a different server than yourself... Who cares if you ninja loot that item from so and so, and be very rude to everyone in your group, they aren't on your server, and chances are you'll never see them again.

Guilds don't even interract with eachother on a server anymore unless its just to brag abotu killing easymode bosses and showing off lame loot, that looks worse in every expansion. (yes still talkign wow sorry)

The community needs to come back to massively multiplayer online roleplaying games... Joining an instance with randoms does not promote community. I have high hopes that this will happen in this game.

This is definitely not the holy grail of MMOs.  And it shouldn't be.  It should be the holy grail of PVP/RVR MMOs, though! 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Yeah, I mostly just sit back and wait for the reactions now...

I see a lot of CU threads on this site now, but I've never seen the game.  Any gameplay vids up or just people getting themselves ready for potential disappointment............ again?

Originally posted by Eir_S

Yeah, I mostly just sit back and wait for the reactions now...

I see a lot of CU threads on this site now, but I've never seen the game.  Any gameplay vids up or just people getting themselves ready for potential disappointment............ again?

Gameplay vids?  Oh, we're a LONG ways from those.  All the excitement around here is simply based on the founding principles for the game and the people that will be responsible for its development.

Sure, some of us are setting ourselves up for potential disappointment.  But so what?  If you don't get excited about anything, you might as well quit living.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.