Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game WILL come out in 2013. Stop the rumors!

2»

Comments

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

Actually i consider myself pretty fair I guess is a good term. Skyrim is the only Elder Scrolls  game I played, and I only beat it once. I'm not someone who makes 10 Skyrim characters and plays 1000 hours and is blindly supporting or justifying only the positives. I started MMOs in EQOA, played that, WoW up until Cataclysm barely touching that and Pandaria, Tera, Dragon Nest, and other games. I am personally more interested in this game because it is an MMO and different than most rather than "It says Elder Scrolls, I have to buy!" I'd buy even if that wasnt in the name.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    It doesn't bother me if the game is delayed, if it means extra time for bug fixing and polishing and it leads to a good launch.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

There is no way to prepare for a launch. You can simulate it all you want, but things can go wrong when its hundreds of thousands or millions of people logging on/simulataneously doing things/etc and not just number crunching.

If you only practice but never play games, you'll never be ready for the games because its a different level. That's like people who are afraid to launch a game to me. There is a high chance something will go wrong -- And that's okay as long as it isnt game-breaking or doesnt last long. I can tolerate a few hours of lag/server lag even at a launch. It took me 3 hours just to log into Diablo 3 the night it came out at midnight

If you wait to release a game because you want to keep adding things, you end up like Duke Nukem. I bet every company has a lot of things they want to add and would keep delaying their release if they did that! Gotta have the essentials and hope for a smooth launch and add in with patches/etc as the game goes along.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by SaintWalker44
    Thanks Captain Obvious..................

At least he isn't playing the incredible sulk here. But, I think untill you get to large scale beta then it is hard to tell how ready the game might actually be. I am thinking we could be talking end of the year, but that could slip into 2014 so easily.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Iselin
    This game may be farther along than you think. Prolonged betas are usually needed with low-budget MMOs when they don't have enough staff (+ friends and family) to test extensively internally. This is a well-funded MMO not a kickstarter. I wouldn't be surprised to see a summer release. And yes this is just speculation

its not in beta yet, a summer release is out of the question. beta is at least 6 months of testing, usually longer.

also, we have seen games with big budgets getting delayed before.

if its not ready when they thought it would be, it needs to be delayed.

no amount of funding will help them predict exactly when the game will be ready, sometimes unforeseen things come up that slow down development.

especially considering that they seem to be changing some things on the fly to appease some of the concerns of potential customers.

Originally posted by hMJem
    Originally posted by Brixon A release around Christmas time is always good for sales.
    Agreed.

However for some reason I'm feeling it'll be November. Just my gut feeling.  Anything before November is a true gift.

that is actually the same thing, for a Christmas time release, it makes the most sense to be released by black Friday, which is obviously in November.

Originally posted by Buccaneer
    It doesn't bother me if the game is delayed, if it means extra time for bug fixing and polishing and it leads to a good launch.

BAM!

how many people want an unfinished game pushed out the door just so they don't have to delay it?

i sure as hell do not.

if it is ready this year then awesome! if not and they do delay it, that just tells me that they are dedicated to putting out a quality product that will be as close to finished as possible.

IMO delays are not a negative other than the fact you have to wait longer to play.

• stormtidestormtide Member Posts: 7

It wont come out this year because at some point in time someone may not agree with an aspect of the game, scream at the top of their lungs as such on this fourm and then they will have to alter the core gameplay.  Oh wait that just happend with faction locking. 

No longer have any interest in this game, I don't care when it comes out.  Just another rehashed PvE everybody love everybody game.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    I like how I'm reading the schedule the OP post and it is totally make up.  Please stop the rumors.  TESO will not be released in NOV.  It'll be released in christmas because I said so.
  • nightfallrobnightfallrob Member Posts: 167
    Even if it doesn't, who cares *shrug*   We've seen what happens when MMOs get rushed (the current dread example being SWTOR). I'd rather it came out late and well done rather than early and a cluster-f**k
  • TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

these threads are in every new game relese, makes me chuckle a bit.  I have good faith it will be completed by End of year, but most games delay even if they say "yes definatly by X date," etc etc.  The best was everyone was itching so bad for Vanguard to come out after its delays... adn when it was released ... early... everyone screamed This is not even beta material! 

we shall see. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Iselin
    This game may be farther along than you think. Prolonged betas are usually needed with low-budget MMOs when they don't have enough staff (+ friends and family) to test extensively internally. 

This is a well-funded MMO not a kickstarter. I wouldn't be surprised to see a summer release. 

And yes this is just speculation

its not in beta yet, a summer release is out of the question. beta is at least 6 months of testing, usually longer.

also, we have seen games with big budgets getting delayed before.

if its not ready when they thought it would be, it needs to be delayed.

no amount of funding will help them predict exactly when the game will be ready, sometimes unforeseen things come up that slow down development.

especially considering that they seem to be changing some things on the fly to appease some of the concerns of potential customers.

Actually it IS in beta. Closed beta under NDA has been going on. The new round of beta invites at the end of march sounds like the beginning of open beta to me (at 11:24 of the video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGrflK6An6Y&list=UUpu8dLHavjMi1a5jgT9ycMA

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED