Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Titan

ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

Hi,

I think everybody knows what project Titan is, for those who do not know about it, it's :  Activision's (Blizzard) new mmorpg currently in early development.

The workers of this project have stated that this ip will be made for a wider audience than World of Warcraft.

First of all,  I can not imagine how can be even wider?? maybe for small kids aswell. They also said that it will have RMAH like Diablo 3 because RMAH is so succesfull :D ( RMAH is real money auction house ).

Panda is a big fail , D3 is even a bigger fail with RMAH and I don't think they will sell more than 3 million copys from Project TItan if it ever comes out. D3 will be released on Ps3 I dont care because D3 feels like Ps2 game anyway.

In my opinion everything will die entually and i think Blizzard last big fail shot will be project Titan if they will release it.

Starcraft 2 turned to be romantic love story instead of having an epic protoss , zerg , teran survival fight. Anything that comes out from Blizzard in the last years is a fail, i dont even bother buying Hots and I stoped playing wow at Wrath of The Lich King.

Comments

• ShmawShmaw Member Posts: 85

I really liked Heart of the Swarm even if..

*spoiler*

Kerrigan turns back into a zerg?!...haha

That being said, I think this new IP of blizzard will appeal to more female gamers as well.  Only time will tell.  

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

well if its for a wider audience then that means even more dumbed down..

Not a fan of anything blizzard have done recently so i dont really care too much about this.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

personally i think there should be a Titan forum in the WOW section

like EQ Next forum in the EQ section  EQ Next General Discussion

we know more about EQ Next 

- sandbox

- same game engine as Planetside 2, Forge Light

- playable demo and full reveal in 6 months at SOE live August 1st

but not that much more than Project Titan;)

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    If Blizzard's games are "failing" so badly with millions of people playing them, I'd hate to think how awful non-Blizzard games are faring.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

Originally posted by Claum

Hi,

I think everybody knows what project Titan is, for those who do not know about it, it's :  Activision's (Blizzard) new mmorpg currently in early development.

They also said that it will have RMAH like Diablo 3 because RMAH is so succesfull :D ( RMAH is real money auction house ).

you have a source for that statement?

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Yeah I cant find anywhere it says it will have RMAH

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    ya I mean everything is a fail game.  Even games that have 10 millions ub and sold over 10 million box is a fail.  Maybe you guys standard is too high.
  • ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

Source ? I would copy paste it but  if you search google , you will find it everywhere , Blizzard employes stated that they will have Rmah on Titan aswell and in d3 half of players like it and the other half hate it ao they think Rmah is succesfull.

I think the bots own RMAH anyway , there are more than 10 k bots in D3.

Even if  D3 would be enjoyable  I wouldn't play it because of bots earning money from RMAH.

After Activision failed with D3 i don't think they will ever going to be creating any good game, but that's just my opinion.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Hi,

The workers of this project have stated that this ip will be made for a wider audience than World of Warcraft.

First of all,  I can not imagine how can be even wider?? maybe for small kids aswell. They also said that it will have RMAH like Diablo 3 because RMAH is so succesfull :D ( RMAH is real money auction house ).

Panda is a big fail , D3 is even a bigger fail with RMAH and I don't think they will sell more than 3 million copys from Project TItan if it ever comes out. D3 will be released on Ps3 I dont care because D3 feels like Ps2 game anyway.

In my opinion everything will die entually and i think Blizzard last big fail shot will be project Titan if they will release it.

Starcraft 2 turned to be romantic love story instead of having an epic protoss , zerg , teran survival fight. Anything that comes out from Blizzard in the last years is a fail, i dont even bother buying Hots and I stoped playing wow at Wrath of The Lich King.

Facebook baby, that is the "wider" audiance.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Yep this is blizzards last chance to make any money since everything they have released since Warcraft 3 has failed so hard.......

Source ? I would copy paste it but  if you search google , you will find it everywhere , Blizzard employes stated that they will have Rmah on Titan aswell and in d3 half of players like it and the other half hate it ao they think Rmah is succesful

i did google and i only see fans speculating

theres been zero commentary by Blizzard staff about Titan and RMAH

SOE had RMAH 8 years ago with Station Exchange and SOE discontinued it a year ago

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/07/20/soe-station-exchange-launches

on SOE's RMAH you could sell your characters too

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Yep, Blizzard has failed their way to selling multi-million units of three different franchises... Wait... Their ONLY franchises. You may not like the product but aparently others do, a lot more, and are not just willing to play it, they're willing to pay for it.

I would put in my own opinion about Titan but that's not why this thread is about lol
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Blizzard could openly inform consumers that they will literally sell you shit in a box, and still sell well over 3 million copies.

This is blizzard we are talking about.  Blizzard's fan base is the embodiment of the zerg, hiveminded and numberless.

"Titan" will be the biggest release of an MMO, it will break all records.  I can say this confidently without knowing a single detail about titan.

• ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

http://www.blizzmmo.com/  

blizzmmo

Dedicated fansite for Titan they are having interviews with the devs and you can read everything even the thing with the Rmah.

So yeah the greddy bastards wont stop at D3 they go for any game i guess.

So maybe the new generation will be like:  the poorer country hackers will make money from rmah and rich kid gona spend their money on Rmah. Activision on the middle cuts down the income :D

So this is the future of TItan and games? :D  , games are becoming booring and uncreative anyway spice it with Rmah :D

Just funny

But actually if Africans start booting in D3 and Titan i might spend some money to help them.

It's almost like u spend your money on the charity and u get some awesome items so you can laugh in your friend's face who spend 1000 hours to farm and you 2 shoot kill them :D :D :D

But this might be new thread somebody should open it .

http://www.blizzmmo.com/  

blizzmmo

Dedicated fansite for Titan they are having interviews with the devs and you can read everything even the thing with the Rmah.

a link for a fansite that has interviews -- yet still no quoted Blizzard source about RMAH ..

to make it clear

there have been two known facts about Titan  -- and RMAH is not one of them

- new ip

- Blizzard has been playing it "in-house" for the last 2-3 years

anything else is rumors and speculation

this is a good list  (with sources)

http://titanfocus.info/topic/319-full-list-of-statements-and-rumors-about-titan/

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I think as long as they can keep milking WoW they won't release a new game.  They're already talking about another expansion for WoW so it's going to be at least another couple years before Titan comes out at that rate.
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    I think as long as they can keep milking WoW they won't release a new game.  They're already talking about another expansion for WoW so it's going to be at least another couple years before Titan comes out at that rate.

I can understand they wouldn't want to cause a mass exodus from WoW but at the same time they can't leave it so long that people lose interest altogether.  I think there is a large audience of people who have played WoW and have moved on but would still go back and play whatever the next MMO blizzard release is. If they hang about too long those players move on completely from games or get invested in something else.

They will have to strike a balance between both but I am sure they will be milking WoW for years to come alongside whatever game they release next.

WOW will probably never die in our lifetime

look at Ultima Online -- still going 17 years later and still requires a sub

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

Source ? I would copy paste it but  if you search google , you will find it everywhere , Blizzard employes stated that they will have Rmah on Titan aswell and in d3 half of players like it and the other half hate it ao they think Rmah is succesfull.

I think the bots own RMAH anyway , there are more than 10 k bots in D3.

Even if  D3 would be enjoyable  I wouldn't play it because of bots earning money from RMAH.

After Activision failed with D3 i don't think they will ever going to be creating any good game, but that's just my opinion.

The only thing Google shows are post from forum users on differnet blizzard and AV boards speculating about D3's RMAH being a test for future game projects.

I'd still like to see your "blizzard employee" statement. So please, do copy and paste ...

As for your Blizzmmo.com statement:

"One thing is certain: if after its launch with Diablo 3, Blizzard believes it does its job, it stays and expands! My guess is that at first it will be implemented in WoW (Titan’s little guinea pig from now on) and will eventually be used on “Titan”."

That is the blogger speculating on RMAH, he has no source whatsoever.

You're just bashing on Blizzard and Activision for the sake of bashing. Have they urinated in your ceraels or something?

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

People have a funny deffinition of "fail"

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Nadia

WOW will probably never die in our lifetime

look at Ultima Online -- still going 17 years later and still requires a sub

Yeah, but WoW still has several million people playing and paying.  I can't claim to know what UO has for subscribers but it's certain nothing compares to WoW in terms of subscribers.

Games like UO and FFXI that have been around for a decade did well enough in their prime that they can still justify charging for a subscription.  As someone posted above, WoW could realistically release their new game whenever they want since they've done well enough with WoW and will probably keep pretty good retention there.

The only uncertainty is the fickleness of the MMO market right now.  It seems like being neither innovative nor a "WoW clone" is a sure thing.  I can't even begin to put my finger on what the average MMO player wants these days.  We don't know what Titan will be like, but if it's too similar to WoW..will people just go back to WoW?  That's what everyone else seems to do; either that or hop from MMO to MMO.  

It's a bit of a unique situation since both games are by the same company and logically people would play the newer game even though it may be really similar to the previous one.  The other thing that usually has people going back to WoW is their attachment to their character they've built over the years.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Blizzard is really good at selling products and making little cut scene movies but retaining customers, they bad. Aren't total WOW numbers down to like 9 million from 12 last year? That's around 25% drop!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Blizzard is working harder on WoW than they ever have, wouldnt say they are 'milking' it.

Originally posted by Briansho
    Blizzard is really good at selling products and making little cut scene movies but retaining customers, they bad. Aren't total WOW numbers down to like 9 million from 12 last year? That's around 25% drop!

Customer retention on blizzard games is probably something other developers touch themselves at the thought of mimicing.

People still play Diablo 1 and 2, Starcraft and Brood War are still played by many, people still play Warcraft 3 and the original Dota mod for it, WoW has 9 million active players(over 3 million western subs at £8.99 a month), Starcraft 2 WoL and HoTS are hugely popular all over the world and have people playing them for a real life jobs.

The only lemon in the bunch is Diablo 3, the retention on that must have been horrendous.