Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Beta Weekend 3 Plans

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Beta testers taking part in this weekend's Neverwinter event will have a lot to look forward to with the inclusion of the Greatsword Fighter class, PvP action and the ability to level characters to 50.

What's new in the third Beta Weekend?

• Level cap raised to 50(after our successful Community Challenge – thanks!)

• New playable class: Great Weapon Fighter

• New zones to explore: Icespire Peak, Pirates' Skyhold, and The Chasm.

• Prove your might against other players with the new PvP system

• Explore new content in the Foundry: Visit a well-informed Bar Maid, like the one in Driftwood Tavern, or check out the many Job Boards scattered throughout Neverwinter. Try out new quests and campaigns today!

Find out more at any of the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

anybody know how big the files size is for the beta ?

i want to try it this weekend but i am almost at my download limit,

thanks

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

anybody know how big the files size  for the beta is?

i want to try it this weekend but. iam almost at my download limit,

I just downloaded 2.7 gigs for the beta. Once the launcher started, it download a small bit more. It's probably around 3 gb at this point.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

anybody know how big the files size  for the beta is?

i want to try it this weekend but. iam almost at my download limit,

I just downloaded 2.7 gigs for the beta. Once the launcher started, it download a small bit more. It's probably around 3 gb at this point.

thanks you

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Great Weapon Fighter here I come.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Test the crap out of that Foundry, please!  I won't be playing the beta, but I will buy this game if the Foundry works well.  Plus I love WOTC and my favorite game ever, M:TG.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Thupli

Test the crap out of that Foundry, please!  I won't be playing the beta, but I will buy this game if the Foundry works well.  Plus I love WOTC and my favorite game ever, M:TG.

I havent had the chance to play with the Foundry tools myself and see how they are firsthand but I played a number of player created Foundry campaigns during the last beta weekend and they were tons of fun, looks like you can really do a lot with the tools from what I saw there but we'll see when we get to experience the actual creation tools ourselves.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

My plan is to get the guildies together and rock this game!!

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by kyssari
    Originally posted by Thupli

I havent had the chance to play with the Foundry tools myself and see how they are firsthand but I played a number of player created Foundry campaigns during the last beta weekend and they were tons of fun, looks like you can really do a lot with the tools from what I saw there but we'll see when we get to experience the actual creation tools ourselves.

There's a comprehensive almost hour long presentation available on youtube that shows the toolset.

Bassically if you want and have time you could create a full-fledged rpg through it, complete with dialogue trees, cutscenes and triggers. It goes to a level that it allows you to play dress up with npcs and monsters you will place in your content :P

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• BHWolfBHWolf Member UncommonPosts: 10

I got a key from MMORPG, but when I submit it the rrepeated response is a message to say there is an issue and to try again later.

Anyone else have any problems with the keys?

Cheers

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by BHWolf

I got a key from MMORPG, but when I submit it the rrepeated response is a message to say there is an issue and to try again later.

Cheers

Having the sam issue Wolf, might just be the redemption page getting slammed with people trying to redeem all at once. I'm sure it will get sorted out if we just try later.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Lazarus71
    Originally posted by BHWolf

Cheers

Having the sam issue Wolf, might just be the redemption page getting slammed with people trying to redeem all at once. I'm sure it will get sorted out if we just try later.

I realy hope so. I'm getting the same message when I copy/paste my key and when I typed it in I received a "ket does not exist" message.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    if anyone can actually get to level 50 in a weekend I think that will be so much fail and will result in this game not doing very well.  when will developers learn that a mmorpg  with less content than a single player game just does not work.  no matter how fun it might be, it just wont work.
  • BHWolfBHWolf Member UncommonPosts: 10

Quick update regarding the key issue.

Checking the NW forums, it would seem all the sites offering keys and at least some of those who have received e-mail from Perfect World, are having the same issue.

Maybe they are starting their stress test early? :)

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    this game should be a fun weekend, probly only time I'll play though. I get bored in lobbys...

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

yeah ive heard that, but then someone posted a quote from one of the devs that said the exp gain wasnt boosted.  i kind of dont see the point in playing a game if you play through all of it in a beta weekend. just me though, im gonna take some sporadic time this weekend to take a peek at it, but doubt ill even get to level 10 and surely not 20 if i do get to ten.

I know cryptic isnt known for their indepth games and stuff but leveling to near the cap on a weekend just took that to a new extreme, why not just start us at the cap.  hopefully though it is just as you said, increased leveling for the beta event and the live game will be slowed down dramatically.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Cant wait ... though I will not play but I will be collecting feedback for my foundry quest. *nervous*