Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warplots = GvG?

AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

So if the new trailer is anything to go by Wildstar is going to have GvG before GW2 ever gets around to it... not to mention it's essentially a customisable guild hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_riSI7Ydg&feature=player_detailpage#t=113s

Personally that makes me very happy. Wildstar really does look like it has everything at this point...

Comments

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Well damn, that actually looks pretty good, great trailer
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

GvG with territory ownership and townbuilding/destruction.  This is my favorite type of endgame and i kills me so few games even bother to try it.

The only thing i can see being a negative is if they divide guilds based on npc faction choice.  If guilds are seperate entities with the ability to have members across all factions than this GvG will be fantastic.  If its faction based then it loses most of its appeal, given factions can turtle amongst their game set allies.

Typically the faction free gvg stuff is reserved for sandboxes, and the quality of endgame pvp and metagaming that goes with this is epic.  Just laying on the drama,backstabbing, 3rd party interferance, allies based on need ect...it all makes for a pvp endgame that blows arenas, battlegrounds and whatever you want to call WvWvW and persistant battlegrounds out of the water.

To boot it feeds off builders and crafters, which are often an ignored side dish.  Town gets wrecked or destroyed and you need builders on hand to fix or rebuild/relocate.

If WS does this right...it will be epic.  If they faction lock guilds and remove total destruction, well then its going to be average at best. If they allow a neuteral faction choice in GvG it will be nearly as good as a sandbox style.

I really hope they do this right. 

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    I wish they'd hurry up. This is the mmo I am most looking forward to.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by BrownAle
    GvG with territory ownership and townbuilding/destruction.  This is my favorite type of endgame and i kills me so few games even bother to try it.The only thing i can see being a negative is if they divide guilds based on npc faction choice.  If guilds are seperate entities with the ability to have members across all factions than this GvG will be fantastic.  If its faction based then it loses most of its appeal, given factions can turtle amongst their game set allies.Typically the faction free gvg stuff is reserved for sandboxes, and the quality of endgame pvp and metagaming that goes with this is epic.  Just laying on the drama,backstabbing, 3rd party interferance, allies based on need ect...it all makes for a pvp endgame that blows arenas, battlegrounds and whatever you want to call WvWvW and persistant battlegrounds out of the water. To boot it feeds off builders and crafters, which are often an ignored side dish.  Town gets wrecked or destroyed and you need builders on hand to fix or rebuild/relocate. If WS does this right...it will be epic.  If they faction lock guilds and remove total destruction, well then its going to be average at best. If they allow a neuteral faction choice in GvG it will be nearly as good as a sandbox style. I really hope they do this right. 

I'm not %100 sure, but I don't think it's FvF, but 40v40 of any faction.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

GvG with territory ownership and townbuilding/destruction.  This is my favorite type of endgame and i kills me so few games even bother to try it.

The only thing i can see being a negative is if they divide guilds based on npc faction choice.  If guilds are seperate entities with the ability to have members across all factions than this GvG will be fantastic.  If its faction based then it loses most of its appeal, given factions can turtle amongst their game set allies.

Typically the faction free gvg stuff is reserved for sandboxes, and the quality of endgame pvp and metagaming that goes with this is epic.  Just laying on the drama,backstabbing, 3rd party interferance, allies based on need ect...it all makes for a pvp endgame that blows arenas, battlegrounds and whatever you want to call WvWvW and persistant battlegrounds out of the water.

To boot it feeds off builders and crafters, which are often an ignored side dish.  Town gets wrecked or destroyed and you need builders on hand to fix or rebuild/relocate.

If WS does this right...it will be epic.  If they faction lock guilds and remove total destruction, well then its going to be average at best. If they allow a neuteral faction choice in GvG it will be nearly as good as a sandbox style.

I don't think it's quite what you are thinking it is... they haven't released much on Warplots yet, but they are basically instances in which your team, seperate from your guild, builds a custom fortress / surrounding area... think player built battlegrounds (or at least that the impression I get from what info they have release so far). There will be destruction, though to what extent I don't know, and no idea if teams will be faction locked.

• xSh0xxSh0x Member Posts: 125

I just don't understand why a game that puts so much emphasis on a seamless world with faction-driven questing, decides to instance all the meaningful PvP and bracketise it.

Get rid of the e-sport crap, and put the warplots in the seamless world, in a PvP zone that affects faction status in the seamless world. 

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by xSh0x

I just don't understand why a game that puts so much emphasis on a seamless world with faction-driven questing, decides to instance all the meaningful PvP and bracketise it.

Get rid of the e-sport crap, and put the warplots in the seamless world, in a PvP zone that affects faction status in the seamless world. 

I agree that would be awesome.

Also I don't think this will be exactly GvG because I remember hearing in one of the interviews that you the Warplots could be owned by multiple Guids or soemthing to that effect.  It will be more of a alliance vs alliance type thing I believe.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

i dont know how it will finally be, but after a long time, i have many hopes again for an upcoming mmo.

lets see :)

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Manolios

i dont know how it will finally be, but after a long time, i have many hopes again for an upcoming mmo.

lets see :)

Same here.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Tinybina
    Originally posted by xSh0x

I agree that would be awesome.

Also I don't think this will be exactly GvG because I remember hearing in one of the interviews that you the Warplots could be owned by multiple Guids or soemthing to that effect.  It will be more of a alliance vs alliance type thing I believe.

Yeah the current info from Carbine suggests more than just guilds can buy a warplot. I doubt it will be just any group of players though.

Some of the interviews from PAX had them dropping hints that warplots are essentially guild halls with the same customisation facilities of player housing; the only difference is that you'll be outfitting them with defensive measures for combat. They seem to have some level of persistence which has me believe they will be limited to guild or circles (the social groups that aren't quite guilds).

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    The ability to kill bosses and plant them on your warplot to launch at your opponents like Godzilla has me excited.
  • ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

While all the Warplot info has not been released there is some info and I am not sure everyone is aware of it.

1.  Warplots will have GvG warfare and possibly group vs. group

2.  Warplots take time to build up. The implication was quite a bit of time.  Lots of things can be added to them such as defensive turrets.  The recent interview with Pokket from Pax has some new Warplot info.  The Dev there said there is lots of strategy one can use preparing their warplot.

3.  When wants to challenge another warplot.  One moved the cloud their warplot is on adjacent to the warplot they will be fighting.  Connecting the two.

4.  Whoever loses, loses their warplot and all the work they put into it.  The 1st warplot is free after that one has to obtain a new one.  I am not sure if they indicated how.

5. Warplots use the plug system for adding to it similar to the housing system. You cna emphasize defense, offense and other additions when planning your warplot.

6,  Raid bossesyou have killed can be used in warplots and sent out to kill your enemies.  They will not be as powerful as in the raid but they will be very formidable.

I am not a PvP player but the warplot system does  sound awful cool.  Espcially the sieging,raid bosses, ability to customize the plots and ability to lose all your hard work.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Zapzap

While all the Warplot info has not been released there is some info and I am not sure everyone is aware of it. 1.  Warplots will have GvG warfare and possibly group vs. group2.  Warplots take time to build up. The implication was quite a bit of time.  Lots of things can be added to them such as defensive turrets.  The recent interview with Pokket from Pax has some new Warplot info.  The Dev there said there is lots of strategy one can use preparing their warplot.3.  When wants to challenge another warplot.  One moved the cloud their warplot is on adjacent to the warplot they will be fighting.  Connecting the two.4.  Whoever loses, loses their warplot and all the work they put into it.  The 1st warplot is free after that one has to obtain a new one.  I am not sure if they indicated how.5. Warplots use the plug system for adding to it similar to the housing system. You cna emphasize defense, offense and other additions when planning your warplot.6,  Raid bossesyou have killed can be used in warplots and sent out to kill your enemies.  They will not be as powerful as in the raid but they will be very formidable. I am not a PvP player but the warplot system does not sound awful cool.  Espcially the sieging,raid bosses, ability to customize the plots and ability to lose all your hard work.

This just fully sold me on this game. I was still reserved, but this did it for me.
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

While all the Warplot info has not been released there is some info and I am not sure everyone is aware of it.

2.  Warplots take time to build up. The implication was quite a bit of time.  Lots of things can be added to them such as defensive turrets.  The recent interview with Pokket from Pax has some new Warplot info.  The Dev there said there is lots of strategy one can use preparing their warplot.

3.  When wants to challenge another warplot.  One moved the cloud their warplot is on adjacent to the warplot they will be fighting.  Connecting the two.

4.  Whoever loses, loses their warplot and all the work they put into it.  The 1st warplot is free after that one has to obtain a new one.  I am not sure if they indicated how.

5. Warplots use the plug system for adding to it similar to the housing system. You cna emphasize defense, offense and other additions when planning your warplot.

6,  Raid bossesyou have killed can be used in warplots and sent out to kill your enemies.  They will not be as powerful as in the raid but they will be very formidable.

I am not a PvP player but the warplot system does not sound awful cool.  Espcially the sieging,raid bosses, ability to customize the plots and ability to lose all your hard work.

Man I don't know why you don't think this is cool.. TO me this sounds AMAZING!

OMG I have to get into this beta!!!

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• WarplotsWarplots Member Posts: 8

From what I've gathered, WarPlots will be created by WarParties not guilds. 

Warplots.com

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Originally posted by Warplots

Yep, Guilds and WarParties are seperate groups, though there is no reason they can't have the same members.

Originally posted by Warplots

There was a mention by a dev about a month ago that if your guild does not like another guild they could challenge that guild and destroy their warplot.

Originally posted by Tinybina

I am not a PvP player but the warplot system does not sound awful cool.  Espcially the sieging,raid bosses, ability to customize the plots and ability to lose all your hard work.

Man I don't know why you don't think this is cool.. TO me this sounds AMAZING!

OMG I have to get into this beta!!!

Sorry my mistake there was a typo in there.  The "not" should not have been in the sentance.  Rather it should have read:

"the warplot system does sound awful cool.  Espcially the sieging,raid bosses, ability to customize the plots and ability to lose all your hard work."

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I agree about faction restriction.  If they want to give something for faction based clans, they could have some type of buff or skill that a clan gets if it's all one faction that comes from the faction lord or whatever.   If you choose to allow all factions in, you don't get the skill or buff.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya I cant wait to get more info on WP. More I hear about this game the more I get excited.