Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Over 1M Users & a Tenfold Increase in Concurrency

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has announced some pretty impressive numbers since TERA's free to play transition last month. According to EME, over 1M users take part in TERA: Rising and the concurrent user number has risen dramatically.

“We’ve been blown away by the waves of players logging into TERA, and we’re seeing amazing growth in both registrations and daily users. It’s always great to eclipse the one-million-player mark, and at our current rate, it won’t be long before we hit two million,” said Chris Lee, CEO of En Masse Entertainment. “This success is pushing En Masse even harder to deliver more content and improve our service, so stay tuned!”

Find out more about TERA: Rising.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Maybe now they can afford better servers......... Seriously En Masse. Upgrade Mt.Tyrannas already.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @Vunak23

Don't think they will they are more likely to open more than get new one..

I don't mind them opening more and offer free char xfer and maybe linked AH..
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Now why wasn't this game launched as such.. I hope ESO don't make this mistake also because no matter how much content you offer its never enough and quite a few mmo players nowadays treat mmo like other genre title, once they reach the end the mentality set in that the game is no longer worth the effort..
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by Xstatic912
    @Vunak23

Don't think they will they are more likely to open more than get new one..

I don't mind them opening more and offer free char xfer and maybe linked AH..

They've opened two new servers since going Free to Play.  Population seems to be pretty even accross all of them now.  There's nothing wrong with Mt. Tyranus, it's just the most populated server and gets hit too hard during prime time.  I transfered off of it and the new server is shaping up nicely.  Plus it's neat to have new Vanarchs and new guilds along with the influx of tons of new players.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    So the concurrent user number went from 1K to 10K, sweet.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I think if their concurrent users was 1k they would have been bankrupt lol.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Now why wasn't this game launched as such.. I hope ESO don't make this mistake also because no matter how much content you offer its never enough and quite a few mmo players nowadays treat mmo like other genre title, once they reach the end the mentality set in that the game is no longer worth the effort..

Is F2P or freemium lots of people play but dont spent money on it, and they have 1 mill of player who had loged into the game that doesnt meant that they are still playing or spending money on the game.  

And TESO will be P2P and it wont be a mistake. 

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I logged in about ten times. I cant figure out why I cant get into it. It's wierd but this has happened for almost every new game out there. I am to the point now that I must just not like mmo if I dont like Tera and the various others I have played. The Mmo experience was a one and done with me I guess. I think if I were just starting my mmo journey Tera would make for one heck of a ride.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Good for EnMasse. They are one of the good guys in the industry and really want people to enjoy their game. Like most, I love the combat and the world, but the questing is hard to deal with. I'm still trying to work up the intestinal fortitude to get my lvl 56 warrior to 60, but man, what a grind.

Joined - July 2004

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Is F2P or freemium lots of people play but dont spent money on it, and they have 1 mill of player who had loged into the game that doesnt meant that they are still playing or spending money on the game.  

Well with those kind of numbers all they need is for one out of ten to spend a few dollars and they are still doing as well as they did when it was p2p......Like most MMOs now, I think people have an eye on it when its p2p but dont touch it until it goes f2p.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Well with those kind of numbers all they need is for one out of ten to spend a few dollars and they are still doing as well as they did when it was p2p......Like most MMOs now, I think people have an eye on it when its p2p but dont touch it until it goes f2p.

I dare say it's higher. There are people like me, who are indecisive and prone to acting on whims.

"I want to change to x race because of how this particular armour looks on that race." (the same piece of armour looks 100% different on every combination of gender+race)

"Screw it, I want my dye to look a certain way and it'll have unlimited duration. I'll buy some. It'll give me the whole palette."

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

Bought it at release, installed it, played 2 hours, uninstalled. No way I'm wasting one more second of my life grinding these brain dead quests.

I don't care how awesome graphics, combat and community are, I will never EVER play another quest grinder.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Bought it at release, installed it, played 2 hours, uninstalled. No way I'm wasting one more second of my life grinding these brain dead quests.

Many things can be said of your game(s) of choice (right in your sig too). Everyone picks whatever tickles their fancy.

I don't care how awesome graphics, combat and community are, I will never EVER play another quest grinder.

Good for you (no sarcasm).

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

Talk to us in 6 months.

Every single Subscription game that has gone freemium saw massive jumps in player numbers during that time...how many of them retained even a portion of those players? Not one. Heck I remember Age of Conan claiming 600k new accounts created in the first month it made its change yet look at the offical forums, people complaining about how the servers are near dead again, promting yet another change to their offereing from Funcom thinking somehow a new Freemium offering is going to make a difference.

Freemium is not the cash cow, actual F2P is the cash cow...hell, at least go DDOs route, its about as close as you are going to get revenue wise to real F2P.

• byx900627byx900627 Member Posts: 3
    They deserve it.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Congradulations, EME!

You deserve it :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    “[Tera has] significantly higher subscribers on the Elite tier than when it had a mandatory subscription,” En Masse Entertainment chief executive officer Chris Lee told GamesBeat.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/20/tera-mmo-has-more-subscribers-as-a-free-to-play-game-than-when-it-required-a-subscription/#turqEZgjFqkM72mi.99
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I guess it only makes sense that more people would play your game if you don't actually have to pay anything.
  • ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    The game is fun till you hit 40-45 then they'll quit when they hit linear growth ceeling.  The grind gets really bad at that point.