Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sevencore: The End is Nigh

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a new post on the Sevencore main page, the game will be shutting down effective at the end of April. The post indicates that the reason for the closure is due to the fact that the developer can no longer support the game.

However, we have been working on a plan to make this decision as fair as possible for the SEVENCORE community:

• We are going to reimburse all gPotato spent between the 1st of February and today, and between 30% and 75% for purchases prior to this date.

• We will close the in-game shop with immediate effect but are looking into an option to make all shop items available for free.

• The game service won’t be closed until the end of April.

• During the final period of the game, we will boost EXP gain and run various events to make the final weeks as entertaining as possible.

• We are currently working on some very interesting offers for all SEVENCORE players if you decide to play one of our many other games. These packages are currently being discussed and finalised, once we have all the details we will update you on this topic.

Read the full post on the Sevencore site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Always sad to see a game go..even if I've never heard of it.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Never ever ever play a gPotato game

Joined - July 2004

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Its sad, MMOs are just being poorly made and thrown at people under the F2P model, its encouraging MMO players to become game hoppers and expect low quality...

I expect a whole lot of MMOs to keep shutting down shortly after release, took less than a year for this one.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

This MMO was only released a couple of months ago I believe.

Sad to see a new MMO go :(

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I never understood how when developers make a game they dont seem to see its a total shit game lol?
  • skrarzskrarz Member Posts: 1

This is precisely what happens, although as a programmer I believe it is a very sad moment for the developers to see their creation die so soon, when you throw an old concept of a MMO into a  2012 market (in this games case), I tested the game for a couple of hours and the beginning was so similiar to every other MMO out there, that it didn't even grab my attention for longer than the tutorial quests.  

Plus, it did not innovated somewhat, combat was the same old dull smash buttons 1-0 to perform attacks, and unlike they claimed this game can and should be compared to WoW Aion and all those kinds of MMos that were truly successful, because it was trying to compete with them with a ton of similarities. And as it shows it could not compete...

Adding to all that, Gpotato is not famous for keeping games running, period. And it is sad as an european gamer that it is the company where I have to put my trust into when it comes to Age of Wushu (Wulin - European version) , since the US server stability is quite crappy for European players, and if they cannot mantain a game like Age of Wushu for a decent time... then I guess developers should stop throwing their creations at this cheap company.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Not surprised in the least. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i played it a little bit, and liked the characters..... and nothing else. It is way too generic. I think they need to focus on making Allods a better game instead of publishing more generic games. Allod is generic but at least its the best WoW clone in terms of quality and content.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

The pic of the woman on the first page of the website is a bit off putting.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    another asian mmo grinder with sub par quality bits the dust too bad they are not dropping off faster. There is still about 500 more to go , it cant come fast enough.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Like people were talking about before with rolling servers in MMO's, these companies that produce these low budget old mmorpg's in NA roll games. They basically launch a pay to win cash shop based F2P game to their community (who is usually all over any game they release for some reason) so that whoever is willing to spend money on it does end up spending money. Then if the game doesn't put out enough income in a few months, they shut it down. Or if it's magically a success they keep it running. But no matter what you know they will have another game to replace it in a couple months that will be a free to play cash shop based pay to win game.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Always sad to see a game go..even if I've never heard of it.

You shouldnt be, the MMO market is way over due for a purging of the glut of tossed together cash shop grabs pouring out of Korea and other Eastern developers.    We need quatlity not quantity.

• VancePantsVancePants Member UncommonPosts: 43

Interesting, looks like it's just opening in South America...

http://es.sc.ignitedgames.com/center/opening.asp

https://www.facebook.com/Sevencore.ESP

:D

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I said this in a post of mine a while ago that these low budget free to play games will not cut it anymore. There is just too much higher quality free to play out there now like Everquest 1 and Everquest 2, Aion, Tera, Vanguard, Star Wars and many others.

Yes, I use to play games like Rappelz, Silk Road, Perfect World, Rohan Online and ArcheAge and had a blast playing them but now when I try games like those it only takes a few minutes before I am uninstalling.

• VancePantsVancePants Member UncommonPosts: 43
    actually, i heard gpotato was bought out.

:D

• DrigusDrigus Member CommonPosts: 50
    I couldn't get past the character walking; it was horrible.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    This game lol. Bad move to pick this game up gpotato. Good move to drop it like a bad habit though :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Wow this game died fast, but what do you expect when it didn't do anything remotely intersting. There are far to many generic mmo's coming out lately under the f2p title. Age of Wushu was the last mmo I played and I got bored of it fairly quickly, I didn't like the whole unbound/bound silver thing, which bascally forces you tot urn cashshop funds into unbound silver so you can actually trade with other players. That and AoW's combat was also extremly boring (and mostly pointless to kill npcs unless you had a quest for them, or needed mats), it just felt clunky, the skills just didn't flow together well at all for a martial arts mmo.

Firefall sucks, extremyl boring, and wildstar looks like just another lame wow-clone in how it plays. Only decent mmo I have played in years, well its not really a mmo, but its called path of exile, its bascally what diablo 3 should have been insted of the piece of shit diablo 3 actually is.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Dragonantis

This MMO was only released a couple of months ago I believe.

Sad to see a new MMO go :(

that one didn´t last long

found a gameplay video - looked pretty much like WoW with flying mounts and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MHzZf-eqSsM#!

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

Apparently most game developers haven't gotten the memo that the MMORPG genre, particularly the themepark facet of it, is just completely oversaturated at this point.

It's sad for anyone whose livliehood depended on that game, but hopefully seeing an MMO crash and burn so fast is a wake up call to devs that the genre needs innovation. Im following a few good indie titles right now that I think are set up to make some waves, but the sad part is no one else is. Hell Origins of Malu just released like 10,000 beta keys and I haven't even heard a peep about it on any of the MMO news sites I follow. I do remember Sevencore getting a fair amount of coverage though.

MMOs are just in a sad state right now, which sucks because they are my favorite type of game. I highly encourage everyone to start supporting indie devs more - they are the only ones innovating right now.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    glad to see another crappy mmo bites the dust! 

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133
    gPotato is a horrid game making company. Seriously, don't ever put money into one of their games lol.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Don't companies do this kind of thing all the time (especially asian f2p ones) Release a game for a couple months then shut it down then release it again under a different name and close it down again and keep doing that. Standard business decision.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.