Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHO said it couldn't be done?

124»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Buccaneer

Reading the article, it looks like this is being implemented for the solo player to have something to do when they reach endgame. IMO this is a good thing.

According to Sage, this content is the endgame for a solo player or someone who plays with just a friend or two. Since the Elder Scrolls franchise has been a single-player affair up until this point, it's wise to include scads of content for that audience. It's also ideal for the player who wants to soak up all of the lore and learn the history of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of Skyrim. With each alliance area containing 120-150 hours of content, there's a lot of exploring to do.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

I hope not, that would be a shadow of what something like this should be. There should be solo and team content and also PvE raids on capitial cities where taking out the leaders of a faction could be 40 man raids. Should be more then just 2 more maps of quests.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Surprise, and, in a good way for a change, after reading about how they are going to handle the end game, by opening up the other areas to PVE gameplay at 50, that has to be, imo, probably the biggest improvement i've read about for the game, i totally agree that the PVP segment should be limited to Cyrodill only, that now you will be able to join friends in opposing factions for PVE dungeons etc, is just HUGE image 

They have now given me a reason to want to play the game, if they keep this up then imo, it could be a big hit when it releases.image

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

They have already talked about Raids in interviews before. There will be gear to get from raiding. However, if the Raids will be there at launch, who knows. If you guys watch the developer interviews, they always say "We just need/want people to play this game because honestly there is so much I cant even explain it all" but I do know they have spoken about raiding. This is an MMO. They arent stupid. MMOs thrive and survive off end-game.

In one clip, Paul Sage said "We want good gear to drop from raiding, because, well, that is the point of raiding right?" In the Crafting video.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

great news indeed.

Shitstorms work!

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Buccaneer

Reading the article, it looks like this is being implemented for the solo player to have something to do when they reach endgame. IMO this is a good thing.

According to Sage, this content is the endgame for a solo player or someone who plays with just a friend or two. Since the Elder Scrolls franchise has been a single-player affair up until this point, it's wise to include scads of content for that audience. It's also ideal for the player who wants to soak up all of the lore and learn the history of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of Skyrim. With each alliance area containing 120-150 hours of content, there's a lot of exploring to do.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

I hope not, that would be a shadow of what something like this should be. There should be solo and team content and also PvE raids on capitial cities where taking out the leaders of a faction could be 40 man raids. Should be more then just 2 more maps of quests.

According to the article team content will be present in the other faction zones.  Most of the four man dungeons will have level 50 versions.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by hMJem

They have already talked about Raids in interviews before. There will be gear to get from raiding. However, if the Raids will be there at launch, who knows. If you guys watch the developer interviews, they always say "We just need/want people to play this game because honestly there is so much I cant even explain it all" but I do know they have spoken about raiding. This is an MMO. They arent stupid. MMOs thrive and survive off end-game.

In one clip, Paul Sage said "We want good gear to drop from raiding, because, well, that is the point of raiding right?" In the Crafting video.

Paul Sage states this in the article the OP posted. 

When I asked Sage about raiding, he said that ESO's adventure zones are designed for larger groups of PvE players. You can actually go into the adventure zones with a small group and accomplish some goals, but there are large areas in these maps dedicated to larger group experiences. There will be some warning when you're about to trigger one of these encounters (and they may even end up instanced), so a small group won't suddenly find itself face to face with a Daedric Prince!

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Distopia

Most responses to your topic(s) were along the lines of "it seems like a lot to ask for", which suggests to me people simply didn't expect them to listen. You act as though everyone tried to throw you under a bus. There's a common theme for many gamers, they don't like developers attempting to please all, which is understandable. Things have gone horribly wrong in the past due to this.

Now... I have never played the victim - that's entirely unfair.

I express displeasure at being engaged with in an insulting way or having my words twisted to suit other people, but I don't act like that in response.

Read the posts again - some people did indeed stick the boot in as hard as forum rules allowed them (and one or two over the top so they got moderated), but I found this invigorating rather than the opposite.

Anyway - things have indeed gone horribly wrong with gamer pressure in MMOs before - but I for one find their response to be more imaginative and potentially win-win than I could have expected and there isn't any law which says as soon as a developer considers gamer pressure they are on the road to failure.

That's like saying the next roulette spin must come up black because it's been red the past 9 bets...

We just need to see the execution, now we've had the statement...

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Paul's idea of raiding is different from most raiders. TESO will have encounters designed for very large group in adventure zones, but it won't have instanced 3-5 hours long "raids" like WoW does.

Originally posted by azarhal

Paul's idea of raiding is different from most raiders. TESO will have encounters designed for very large group in adventure zones, but it won't have instanced 3-5 hours long "raids" like WoW does.

How do you know this? No info on raiding has been given other then it will be in the game.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    If the WHO says it couldn't be done perhaps we should listen. 
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by bliss14
    If the WHO says it couldn't be done perhaps we should listen. 

:)

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by azarhal

How do you know this? No info on raiding has been given other then it will be in the game.

In that article I linked on the other thread it goes into a bit about adventure zones and being doable with small groups until you trigger the big boss, which will require a larger group to take down. I think raiding is planned to be a more fluid affair with less prior organization required, since if you assist with the kill outside of the main group you still have loot options.

Might be cool, but will likely really piss off hardcore organized raiding guilds who believe they deserve all the loot.

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457
    A rather interesting solution to those that were wanting this, and one I can fully support!  Gratz!
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I hope they make this thing F2P and charge people for every little thing in the game now. Since they seem to be listening to the forum and youtuber's, that seems to be what they want. Cash shops FTW. 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    Originally posted by Distopia

Most responses to your topic(s) were along the lines of "it seems like a lot to ask for", which suggests to me people simply didn't expect them to listen. You act as though everyone tried to throw you under a bus. There's a common theme for many gamers, they don't like developers attempting to please all, which is understandable. Things have gone horribly wrong in the past due to this.

Now... I have never played the victim - that's entirely unfair.

I express displeasure at being engaged with in an insulting way or having my words twisted to suit other people, but I don't act like that in response.

Read the posts again - some people did indeed stick the boot in as hard as forum rules allowed them (and one or two over the top so they got moderated), but I found this invigorating rather than the opposite.

Anyway - things have indeed gone horribly wrong with gamer pressure in MMOs before - but I for one find their response to be more imaginative and potentially win-win than I could have expected and there isn't any law which says as soon as a developer considers gamer pressure they are on the road to failure.

That's like saying the next roulette spin must come up black because it's been red the past 9 bets...

We just need to see the execution, now we've had the statement...

If you don't play at that, then my bad and i apologize, that might have come from some of the posts throughout the thread rather than your own. Which would be unfair.

I agree this came as a complete shock to me, maybe this company will turn out like Trion in the MMO space, a company that listens and has interesting ideas to apply that will please their fans. That type of thing is rare for triple A companies in this day and age.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AdamaiAdamai Member UncommonPosts: 476
    not a matter of cant be done!!! but more if a matter that it hasnt and will not be done propperly..

this mmo is yet another themepark making it yet another clone.. its not intuitive ir ingenius or revolutionary.. its simply dumbed down elder scrolls so it will work online among the billions of kiddies.
    Originally posted by Adamai
    not a matter of cant be done!!! but more if a matter that it hasnt and will not be done propperly..

this mmo is yet another themepark making it yet another clone.. its not intuitive ir ingenius or revolutionary.. its simply dumbed down elder scrolls so it will work online among the billions of kiddies.

My guess is you know almost nothing about the game. The combat/class system alone make it stand out on a level never done before. Show me one MMO where you could morph and level skills so they would be unique to you? Read a little before you jump the gun.