Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Matt Firor Plays An Assassin IRL... Backstabs The Community.

13»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

So, for those who've been living under a rock these last couple of days, Matt Firor and the team at Zenimax have made a few REALLY COOL decisions... They've decided that it would be  a good idea to destroy any sense of faction pride that they had going. Based on the whining of a few Elder Scrolls fans who will now be adding 2 more months to their subscription plans before putting it on the shelf for good (to go through the extra content) now once you hit 50, you can GROUP WITH, and CHAT WITH people of other factions... I think the people at MMMORPG.com are supporting this decision, since I've seen other similar threads LOCKED, instead of allowing us to discuss how Zenimax destroyed the game....

Now, Matt Firor most llikely didn't want this stupid crap, BUT, guess what? He's still there... he hasn't resigned.. As far as I'm concerned, that's his official stamp of approval on the destruction of any hope of good RvR that this game may have had. 

AD + EP + DC = One Faction, United Against NPC's in a Cooperative Hand-holding carebear game... Discuss.

Yee gods! Melodrama much?

No one is backstabbing anyone... nothing is ruined... people could already talk through IM, ventrilo, whatever... if they're going to coordinate realm point (or whatever they call it) farming, they would find a way to do it anyway.

You're behaving exactly likt the whiners...actually, you ARE whining.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    I've sinced discredited ESO with this decision and I'm patiently wating for CU now.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by rygard49

@Nanfoodle:

"Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil." - Link

Thats a fail. Sad!!!!! Well we almost had a good game. My hope now rests in Wildstar

It might still be a great PvE game, but I honestly don't know what this decision does long term to RvR and the faction pride they were looking for. I hadn't realized how much I missed 3 faction frontier warfare until it was dangled in front of me again.

I'm going to stick by my philosophy of 'We'll know when we play it', before I go jumping to major conclusions about the game.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

They've decided that it would be  a good idea to destroy any sense of faction pride that they had going.

I am going to guess you are a hardcore DaoC player if you actually think one must be completely segregated to have any pride in your faction.

I sure dont recall a lack of pride in being an elf in EQ1, or being a rebel in SWG...hell there were a large group of Imperial players that would march in formation "protecting" Theed, sure didnt see anything like that in DaoC, oh wait...there was nobody to protect the citties FROM in that game.

I dont recall members of the separtists having pride issues in taking control of Omni-Tek controlled areas in Anarchy Online.

I sure dont recall any pride issues with Horde players in WoW.

Your idea of "pride" is weak if just being allowed to step into another factions land removes it from you. But that was the idea behind DaoCs factions...they said they had to create the pride for you.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

OP this site is strange place. around 60% of the people want every game to be the same though the say they want different, and around 20% of that 60 rail against the game when it comes out, only to repeat the cycle every few months. 

About 40% of us prefer depth over dragons, and game play over graphics. Most of the 40% have given up on even talking to that 60% 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

@Nanfoodle:

"Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil." - Link

Thats a fail. Sad!!!!! Well we almost had a good game. My hope now rests in Wildstar

It might still be a great PvE game, but I honestly don't know what this decision does long term to RvR and the faction pride they were looking for. I hadn't realized how much I missed 3 faction frontier warfare until it was dangled in front of me again.

I'm going to stick by my philosophy of 'We'll know when we play it', before I go jumping to major conclusions about the game.

Nope this send up some really bad warning signs. Faction pride wont be there. AvA will have spies and will mess up AvA. If PvE content is so generic that any faction can play them mean the story wont be that great. I was expecting the faction war to be a large part of the story. Again, I will wait for someone to do 3 faction war right. First MMO in a long time to get me really excited and in one quote I am not sure I will even play beta.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

@Nanfoodle:

Nope this send up some really bad warning signs. Faction pride wont be there. AvA will have spies and will mess up AvA. If PvE content is so generic that any faction can play them mean the story wont be that great. I was expecting the faction war to be a large part of the story. Again, I will wait for someone to do 3 faction war right. First MMO in a long time to get me really excited and in one quote I am not sure I will even play beta.

Think your missing the point to be honest, nothing has changed in terms of the PVP, its the same multi instanced (campaigns) that it was in the beginning, all thats happened is that now, at the end game, the PVE players will be able to join other PVE players in the other realms, in dungeons etc, these players may never ever join in the PVP side of the game, much the same as some of the PVP players may well not do anything outside of Cyrodil, nothing has been taken away from the PVP side of it, so faction pride isnt an issue, or if it is, then its an issue that was present long before the PVE side of the game was expanded.image

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by bobm111
    Originally posted by bobm111

This is just not true mate. I want an mmo elders scroll with a huge seamless world, with  a zillion things to do like exploring ,crafting, socializing and no pvp at all. Who says mmos have to be about factions and pvp?

Why dont you people support a daoc unchained with no pve and let this be a pve haven and time will tell which will survive and gather the most interest. My bet the pve teso would be the winner.

As it stands now nobody is happy..

bobm111

All this BS in the forums about "I want... I want... I want..." Someday you people will realize that the world doesn't revolve around you, and that this entitled mentality destroys art.

All you really want is a repackaged, resealed version of everything that you've played before. You fear the new and unknown without realizing that, at one time in your life, everything was unknown and interesting, and that you discovered you liked those things. The only way you're ever going to discover new things to like now is if someone crams them down your throat.

I want is not wrong in anyway . As a consumer of and mmo product i want to invest my money and energy in it is important that a certain criteria is met. In this case teso has a history of being just a huge open world and producing an mmo worthy of its history without all this pvp garbage would actually be something new in the mmo world. I say the first who produce and mmo with a huge open world and no pvp will be a huge success. Cause there are a zillion more mmo players who prefer pve rather then pvp. Dont understand why the devs and mmo companies have nt figured that simple equation out yet..

bobm111

Vanguard is the MMO you're looking for. Huge success there.

You missed my point entirely. You do yourself a disservice by trying to dictate what an artist should or shouldn't do. The point I'm making has nothing to do with being a consumer, and everything to do with censoring and editing art to make it fit into your box of acceptability.

When you create defined borders around an idea, you lose the chance for the idea to blossom and become something unique and amazing, and therefore you miss the chance to have a new experience. All for the sake of you wanting something that you already have.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locking this because of the inflammatory nature of the OP, as well as the title. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.