Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got to admit this game is lookign pretty bad***. How many of you plan to preorder?

Comments

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I am looking forward to it, the more I see and hear the more I look forward to giving it a try. But I RELIGIOUSLY will NEVER pre-order any game without having actually played it myself. Nope... never! Seen so many hopeful games in this genre turn out crap.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    After all the BS releases of the last several years, pre-orders are dead to me. And no amount of hype or columns/previews/first-looks/exclusive whatevers from overly positive writers is going to change that.
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

The mood here @ MMORPG.com is totally opposite from a year ago lol. When I was kind of doom and gloom everyone else was misty eyed and hopeful.

So anyway, I'm not feeling TESO, I don't see the badassness but I love Skyrim to death...obviously. I actually think Neverwinter is looking pretty decent. Like everyone is saying, only time will tell, but hell no, no pre-orders for me either.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

ya i think i will likely pre-order and play at launch. the only way i wouldn't is if it turned out to look like absolute trash when real game play videos come out.

i don't expect that to happen though. i just expect to have fun in this game for a few months and get my moneys worth, which is more than you can say about most single player games you buy for the same price.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

yes now that the hype machine is at maximum power the game "sounds" pretty bad ass......then again so did GW2 when they were hyping the crap out of that one, and so did SWTOR, and War, etc etc...

to me it still sounds like any other generic mmo that has come out in the last 5 years. not impressed, and frankly i'm going to wait until it launches and see what players truly say about this game before i even think about it.

This. I have not pre-ordered a game since Vanilla WoW. Fall for the hype and you just end up wasting your money. Pre-order falls in to the same catagory as a Life Time Sub for me. Just something I will never do. I'll wait until there is a free trial or an open beta.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    I drop 60-80 bucks sometimes on 2-3 console games and its only 1 in 10 that has me replying it to death like Halo and TES. How many hours of fun do you get out of a game like that? 20-60hrs game play? Even a MMO like GW2 where I found the end game is the only place its borken. I still got months of play time and still log in for some PvP. Whats 60 bucks for even 1-2 months of game play? Compaird to console games it still good value. If the game intrests you, why not?
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I'll only pay for the game if I've played it first hand. I'm assuming they'll do some type of Open "Beta" weekend that's really just an excuse to demo the game to a wide audience, and in that case I'll have a good idea whether it's really worth the price of the box (or digital download).

One thing I sincerely hope they don't do is offer gauranteed beta slots to pre-orders. I feel that's a shameless cash grab, and you should never encourage a company to take your money for the opportunity to 'test' their game. I'm anticipating this to be a worthwhile title, but those types of selling tactics will turn me off entirely to the game. It speaks volumes about the future gouging sure to happen from the publisher.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    I having a blast with SimCity after they fixed the servers.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I drop 60-80 bucks sometimes on 2-3 console games and its only 1 in 10 that has me replying it to death like Halo and TES. How many hours of fun do you get out of a game like that? 20-60hrs game play? Even a MMO like GW2 where I found the end game is the only place its borken. I still got months of play time and still log in for some PvP. Whats 60 bucks for even 1-2 months of game play? Compaird to console games it still good value. If the game intrests you, why not?

exactly! i think mmo gamers still judge games based on their longevity and that is a mistake IMO.

you simply cannot compare the longevity of today's mmo's to the ones 10 years ago.

there is too much competition now and i don't see any game lasting for years anymore unless a game comes out that is just so far and away better than anything else, everyone flocks to it.

especially games that are solo/casual friendly where it doesn't take all that long to get max level and geared up.

people need to manage their own expectations and stop blaming companies for hyping their game when a lot of the time they are just answering a direct question in an interview or listing what features they plan to launch with.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    I think you meant "sounding" rather than "looking".  By descripition you can make Adventure Quest sound like the best online game there is.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Hurray for the influx of new people the various MMORPG previews this week have brought to this forum...now go and read some of the threads where the same issues you have just discovered have been discused for several months.

And preorder? Way too early to say but it is looking good.

Trinity... no one has said it will be non-trinity, you're assuming

RvR... this is not a 2-week reset server vs. server, it's a persistent faction vs. faction...unless the suits screw that up.

Subs... they haven't said what their financial model is to be yet

Levels and leveling zones.... it's a themepark Jim.

Skills... twelve actually since one of the keys (Q I believe) will let you swap weapons to a second set of 6 on the fly.

Player Made content... sounds like you drank the Neverwinter Koolaid. Games only need an influx of new content when the basic gameplay gets stale upon repeating fast. Well designed RvR does not do that.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Heafstagg
    I seem to remember reading from more than a few sources, that there is a trinity combat system. Have they changed it or is the poster misinformed?

I hope they have simple trinity, so no1 can scream around they took it from gw2

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

NO.

I want to get my hands on the game, hopefully in some kind of beta week-end, before pre-ordering.

Game is looking great though.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Because I have enough coasters? Because blindly buying bad games (especially at full price) only encourages more of the same mediocre crap we have been seeing for years? Closing the wallet to lousy games is the only way to get more quality games made.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Vapors
    Originally posted by Heafstagg
    I seem to remember reading from more than a few sources, that there is a trinity combat system. Have they changed it or is the poster misinformed?

I hope they have simple trinity, so no1 can scream around they took it from gw2

Class customization choices---and there are many--will dictate that a "simple" (a.k.a., mindless cookie-cutter) trinity won't exist. But a trinity will exist with the 4 class archetypes: healer, warrior, sorcerer and nightblade.

However, none of those will be exact duplicates of someone else playiong the same category out of the 4: armor will be different, weapons will be different and only what you have used a lot will skill-up.

Anyone expecting the same mindless speed dungeon runs you get in WOW will be dissapointed.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Because I have enough coasters? Because blindly buying bad games (especially at full price) only encourages more of the same mediocre crap we have been seeing for years? Closing the wallet to lousy games is the only way to get more quality games made.

If you're using old games as coasters... you don't  have enough coasters. Drop a few bucks for the real thing, man.

Other than that, I agree with you about not spending cash to find out if a game is good or not. I do all my gambling in Vegas. Demo or a really solid review from a trusted source is the only way a company gets my dollar.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm not pre-ordering.  Hoping to get into beta so I can determine if the rest of the game is good enough to overwhelm my dislike for the combat system.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Negative.

They destroyed my interest in the game when they released information on cross realm grouping after level cap.  I'm supposed to be friends with the people I'm killing now?  Yeah, makes sense to me.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Voted No.

Since I don't pre-order any games any more. Burned by AIon, then by Rift. Now I am all about waiting.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Pretty bad, looks almost as big a clusfterfk as SWOTR, though RvR will help save it.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

I will be pre-ordering for a few reasons.

1. TES lore/story. Best RPG games I have played. 

2 DAoC 3 faction PvP. Been waiting for a MMO to take that on sinse they stopped updating DAoC in 2003.

3 Crafting that has depth and not only makes BEST in slot items but also takes the best raid gear in the game and crafters can make it better,

4 PvP will be about skill not gear. No PvP gear, gear is just gear. When I win a fight I want to know it was my skill.

5 Already the elder game is a focus, turning 2/3 of the world into elder game content

6 Bringing back open world dungeons, this is a feature we gamers have been asking for forever.

Open world dungeons never went away so their is nothing to bring back.

7 Freedom in class, sick of cookie cutter classes that have no real freedom.

So much win IMO.

I will be pre-ordering.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by taus01

Not until it is released and i see which of all those promised features and marketing hype actually made it into the final game. Why would i pay for something now that is not finished, just to find out later that it is not what was promised in the first place?

Originally posted by Manolios
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Its looking like a lot of folks around here won't be playing it... Which gives me even more of a reason to try it out lol. Seriously though, I do plan on checking it out. Parts looks very cool and worth the initial fee. Sub fees don't really matter to me. I wasted money on gw2 as I ended up hating it, so if I end up liking this game, it will be worth the sub. I habe concerns about a lot of games i buy, but thats thr risk with gaming. Either that, or wait until a free trial emerges.

thats the point. why risk again? we all like elder scrolls games. we all like to be a top notch mmo, but why not holding 1 or 2 months? why not try something before buy it? is that bad? as for the sub, if it deserves it then ok, but if its like all the others then no sir. i preffer waiting a bit this time and every time from now on :)

So you buy the game for 40-60 bucks and if you are a TES fan it gives you 1-2 months of enjoying the lore and story. If you are not a TES fan then you get to try out a new tripple A MMO (yes they have spent a lot on this game and its been in dev for 6 years) and again you get 1-2 months of gaming to find out. If you like it then you are ahead of the game. If you didnt, whats 40-60 bucks? Few hours of work? Whats the big deal?

The big fracking deal is that companies will continue to produce shit as long as we give them money in advance for their shit. Come on man, you can not be that thick to not understand that this behaviour has gotten us to where we are today! 

They are selling you dreams and their new business model is to recover all development cost with box sales, pre-orders, founders editions, lifetime subscriptions. They will do anything to make you give them your money before you actually know what you get.

agree 100%

anyway i didnt say game will not be good or i wont buy it. i just said that from now on i ll wait to see how games are 1-2 months  after release and then i ll decide to buy them or not. is this that bad? why must i preorder something? thats a bit suspicious :)

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    Aftering reading a quote that all 3 factions can team together at end game I am not even sure I will play the beta. Way it is now you will be able to get into on PvP guild raids by talking to players of the other faction or spying. Also big part of faction pride is Red is Dead. This is gone from epic to mid core at best. Again my hope now is in Wildstar till someone with insight brings back real 3 faction war. Im socked the cry babies won on such a large scale. I was for some level of compromise but not at the cost of AvA. Little heartbroken.
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Yamota

I wont pre-order it and, up until a week ago, I would not even try it but the latest change by opening up some of the zones for all factions has swayed me over and I will probably buy it after I read a review or two.

However I am still pissed that they turned it into a ThemePark and the argument that it is an MMO and hence it has to be a ThemePark is nonsense. There are sandbox MMOs and it could have been designed as such, and then it would be more like the single player Elder Scrolls games.

But it is probably neccessary to be a ThemePark if you want to be a mainstream MMO with a huge playerbase but why is that a requirement these days? Why not make a game which is true to the IP and get "just" a decent, but loyal, playerbase. Sick of companies always putting short therm profits over gaming quality, innovation etc. and sticking to the IPs they are based on. 

quoted for highly agree.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Have to give it to them. The game does look pretty badass.

I like the customization options, like picking weapons/perks/armor/class. That seems cool.

also like what I saw with the RvR in this game.

But I still have some concerns.

the combat is non trinity, so that means zerg== win, again. With the open weapon system, it seems to me like a cover similar to how GW2 had it, since melee will be gimp until PvE nerfed. So they expect most people to run ranged weapon. Design like that, seem like a way of "Forcing" builds on players. I dont like that.

If they can pull off what Neverwinter does with their non tirinity I think it will be great fun ahead for us all.  In Neverwinter D & D a tank is not required for fights, dungeon crawling or any bosses.  Having one just makes it easier but due to how the bosses are designed and AI in general, players are able to make intelligent decisions.  What makes this possible is telegraphing which in this case works very well since most boss fights will have multiple mobs or environmental obstructions and with the camera facing a different way it is very hard to see what tell-tale sign the boss is giving off to avoid massive damage.  Addtionally every class can Dps to a certain degree and is self sufficient in terms of healing etc to a minor degree which gives every player the ability to battle a boss and survive.    So in the end Zerging is not required to win :)