Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Dragon's Prophet: It Really Is All About Dragons

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Dragon's Prophet is a game that has been garnering a lot of new attention lately with its focus on collecting and training dragons. We managed to catch up with Business Development Manager Roy Tang to talk about dragons and how they will fit into the game that bears their name. Check it out and then head to the comments.

MMORPG: In what way will a player’s actions shape the dragons they raise?

Roy Tang: With each dragon already being unique, we took it a step further, and implemented a Lair system where players can truly personalize their dragon.  Once captured, players can place the dragon into the Lair, and train and develop the dragon’s abilities to suit their own playing style and purpose. 

Read more of Bill Murphy's Dragon's Prophet: It Really Is All About Dragons.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Scellow33Scellow33 Member Posts: 1

Dragon in this game fly like a toy ..., they need to watch how dragon fly in Bless Online before they release the game ..

Bless Online : @15 :00 

Dragon's Prophet : @ : 00:38

See by yourself ..

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

Will someone please drag the developers of DaoC from their new perspective companies and drag their backsides to Runewalkers office and let them see what can be done if you think outside the box.

It doesnt matter if this game is great or not...they are actually doing something that hasnt been done in an MMO before and basing their game on open gameplay instead of content so funneled even the PvP is themepark.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    come on Bill grab some keys for the awesome community here in mmorpg :D
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Obvi Bless is cooler than DP, but that Dragon scene was an 'on the rails' dragon, not a mount. Not a fair comparison. 
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Yeah bless looks cool, but I cant wait for blade n soul
  • GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

Bless could be a good game if it didnt have a stupid gender lock system, and an actual character creator. The custormization options in DP are pretty impressive and there a sliders for just about everything, not to mention you are not stuck with only one skin tone (white). In DP you can make your character whatever color you want.

In the TW version I saw a black character with a pink afro, and a green character with an orange mohawk. So yeah I would take DP over Bless just based off the fact that you have freedom with creating your character, which is not the norm for most Asian f2p games. Gender and skin tone locks have always been an immersion breaker for me. Oh you can also change height and body sizes, i mean the custormization is really robust in DP.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Dietengu
    come on Bill grab some keys for the awesome community here in mmorpg :D

Working on it soon. (TM)  :D

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DarkagesDarkages Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Thanks Bill!
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

In Horizons you could play as a dragon, had a lair as a house and I think there was a wide open skill system as well as a great crafting system.

Of course that game was 10 years ago or so....just saying.

• RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

Having taken a look at the items you get when buying the founder packs I sense a new pay2win title incoming, just like Runes of Magic, by the same developer, where you had to buy special runestones from the item shop to be able to do end-game content and be competitive in PvP.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    I bought the 90$ VIP pack for this. I am hooked on browser games with pet upgrading systems. So little AAA 3D mmorpg's add this feature. I am so excited. oh and it has housing to boot. Muahhahaaha :D Beta should start in 1.5 weeks. Cya there friends :D

Also, I played Runes oof Magic and I didn't think the game was to bad until they did kind of ruin thier own cash shop prices. If you are talking the game itself, it was fantastic for the time. Really top notch dual sclass system that is still not matched to me personally. So let's be happy that SOE has it now because I actually love this company and its payment models. Gold for all of thier titles at once is an amazing thing so I know my moneys well spent with Sony. I did not think the prices for Founder pack on Neverwinter was a good deal. I do however feel I am getting much more with Sonys deal because I get 9k station points for my purchase and basically get handed 100s of other awesome things for the game. So stoked haha!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• AstrinaAstrina Member UncommonPosts: 46
    This game looks pretty good and I think a VIP pack might be in order :) It's created by the Runes of Magic folks, but all the rest is under Sony. Based on Sony's history, I would be suprised if it was a pay to win, but will have to see.  I enjoyed Runes of Magic, it had lots of great options and hopefully, they carried some of it, into this game.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Sounds legit.  Not really enough info out there to get too hyped up yet, but this seems like it will be worth following.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Hell might have to drop 90 bucks on this one since I got tomb raider and bioshock infinity free with my new video card. Damn dragons and non instance housing to boot?! Well not the open world housing I was hoping for but at least a full zone for player housing. Will have to check out the closed beta first though. Good thing I got an invite a couple of days ago!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    A MMO that does something differant is worth praise just for that fact. No idea how it will turn out, but they are trying to give us new gameplay in a one template saturated market.
  • BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Looking forward to this one, I just hope they come up with a comprehensive late game method to inhabit your dragon and play as the dragon with a broad and self sufficient selection of abilities and gameplay from a dragons point of view... Dragons are cool, I really have no interest in the human...

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• rusmurfrusmurf Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Rolled the dice on this, got a pack, could be a total bust though.
  • BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Yeah, those packs are a bit gougy... I mean, I don't mind spending $80 on a game, but trying to entice players to spend that much before they've had any hands on time is a bit... desperate. All these beta sales are starting to bother me, I'm down for 20 or 30 dollars once I'm playing the beta... but 20-40-80 dollars before beta is even running?, that's kinda sad.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Gormok

Bless could be a good game if it didnt have a stupid gender lock system, and an actual character creator. The custormization options in DP are pretty impressive and there a sliders for just about everything, not to mention you are not stuck with only one skin tone (white). In DP you can make your character whatever color you want.

In the TW version I saw a black character with a pink afro, and a green character with an orange mohawk. So yeah I would take DP over Bless just based off the fact that you have freedom with creating your character, which is not the norm for most Asian f2p games. Gender and skin tone locks have always been an immersion breaker for me. Oh you can also change height and body sizes, i mean the custormization is really robust in DP.

it can be argued that gender/skin ton locks actually HELPS immersion. If you actually knew what immersion meant.

How often do you see a black guy in china? Exactly.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!