Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got to admit this game is lookign pretty bad***. How many of you plan to preorder?

Comments

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    If I get into beta and like it i may pre order, If no beta then no pre order. Im too busy trying to decide between a CAI or electric fan for my Ram's Hemi and neither will be cheap so it will have to be convinicing to part with the cash.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by m0lly
    Originally posted by Manolios
    Originally posted by FromHell

I`ll never pre-order MMOs again.

If the beta is cool I´ll buy it after release, if it´s not a bug fest.

ahahaha true :)

bugfest, means failed alpha test. what comes to op first phrase, game looks pretty badass, and everything said before but really means nothing.

money wasted on pre-orders? yea right like anyones whole real life industry is gona fall buying pre order mmos.. give me a break you spend money on much more useless stuff and yet you dont whine about it. working person dont have problem and if you are on benefits , the money is not yours anyways its was handed to you by people who pay taxes so again not reason to whine about.

Money wasted on BAD games by pre-ordering (got burned with SWTOR and GW2, well at least I got my money back on GW2)

ESO might be good, but then it´s still good two months after release after the first patches so I can get it then and I have no need to pre-order and paying for being beta tester. Did that too often.

No more 1.0 MMOs for me.

so i guess we should give the money to mmo studios without having an opinion, right? without testing the product. man i have 2 kids and i have better ways to spend my money. money for games, yes. money throwing on games, no! at least not anymore

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      In all honesty ill wait till it goes FTP.  Not trolling as I honestly believe that FTP is the destination of all modem games.  I'll save my  sixty bucks and just wait.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 355
    No, that's just stupid!
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I'm not planning on preordering or even buying it at this point. I do like how it looks in videos and I'm interested in the DAOC-like AvA system if it is done better than GW 2's flop WvW. If the CU Kickstarter fails, then my interest in TESO would kick up several notches just for AvA.

I assume I'll get a chance to play in one or more public beta events later this year. I'll give the game a try then and if it's amazing, then I'll change my mind and pre-order.

That it has a monthly sub makes me much less likely to purchase it,  but it ultimately wouldn't stop me from buying if the gameplay is great.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Originally posted by meddyck

I'm not planning on preordering or even buying it at this point. I do like how it looks in videos and I'm interested in the DAOC-like AvA system if it is done better than GW 2's flop WvW. If the CU Kickstarter fails, then my interest in TESO would kick up several notches just for AvA.

I assume I'll get a chance to play in one or more public beta events later this year. I'll give the game a try then and if it's amazing, then I'll change my mind and pre-order.

That it has a monthly sub makes me much less likely to purchase it,  but it ultimately wouldn't stop me from buying if the gameplay is great.

exactly

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I wont pre-order it and, up until a week ago, I would not even try it but the latest change by opening up some of the zones for all factions has swayed me over and I will probably buy it after I read a review or two.

However I am still pissed that they turned it into a ThemePark and the argument that it is an MMO and hence it has to be a ThemePark is nonsense. There are sandbox MMOs and it could have been designed as such, and then it would be more like the single player Elder Scrolls games.

But it is probably neccessary to be a ThemePark if you want to be a mainstream MMO with a huge playerbase but why is that a requirement these days? Why not make a game which is true to the IP and get "just" a decent, but loyal, playerbase. Sick of companies always putting short therm profits over gaming quality, innovation etc. and sticking to the IPs they are based on. 

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

I'll buy it day 1. I have a 24 hour walmart near me and I never have to pre-order, although midnight releases can be fun sometimes. Or I'll buy it digitally. Sub or not it doesnt matter to me.

I am very interested in trying this game out and Everquest Next, since it's supposed to have an EQ1/EQOA feel, and my first MMO was EQOA so I have a soft spot for that. Everquest Next is also supposed to come out this year. I'll inevitably re-sub to WoW for a month when a new expansion comes out too as I always do.

Everquest Next developers are saying it is the largest sandbox MMO ever.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Heafstagg
    I seem to remember reading from more than a few sources, that there is a trinity combat system. Have they changed it or is the poster misinformed?

TESO is trinity based. The OP is misinformed or didn't bother reading any preview about the game.

We also don't know if the game is sub based, ZOS refused to comment on the subject (it's going to create a storm regardless fo what they announce too).

For the OP, Skyrim have "zones by levels", so do Morrowind, it just isn't written on the map. Some places have more powerful creatures that requires you to be a certain level to handle (go see the Wishmother or do the Neetlebanes quest under level 5 without bazillions of potions. I dare you). The difference is that Skyrim and Morrowind do this more organically than how MMOs approach it (i.e. it's not linear). As for TESO, more than 3/4 of the game world is going to be endgame content (Cyrodiil + the two other Alliance zones).

As for Combat, it's not like GW2, beside having a limited hotbar. In TESO you have (past level 15 when weapon swapping become available):

• normal attack (lmb)
    • powered attack (hold lmb)
    • block (rmb)
    • interrupt/shield bash (hold rmb + lmb)
    • 6 ability for when you use the 1st weapon set
    • 6 abilities for when you use the 2nd weapon set
    The 6 abilities are active abilities the player can select among all the active abilities he unlocked from the ~15 skills + 3 classes skills he have access to in the game. This include weapons, class, maybe armor(although I think those are all passive), maybe race and Mage/Fighter guild abilties. There are also vampirism, lychantropy, PvP, alliances and other skill lines in the game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

I know the game has some variations to it, but it still seems to be pretty much a standard fare theme park style MMORPG for the most part, and that really isn't what I'm looking for these days.

I'll be holding of until I get more info to see if the twists it's delivering are enough to justify the purchase, (well, assuming there is a purchase I suppose, and not F2P)  probably post launch most likely.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    I will try it at PAX and I plan to play a lot of it at PAX so after my experience I will decide if  pre-order is warranted. Also, I won't pre-order if there is no point to actually "pre-ordering".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Have to give it to them. The game does look pretty badass.

I like the customization options, like picking weapons/perks/armor/class. That seems cool.

also like what I saw with the RvR in this game.

But I still have some concerns.

the combat is non trinity, so that means zerg== win, again. With the open weapon system, it seems to me like a cover similar to how GW2 had it, since melee will be gimp until PvE nerfed. So they expect most people to run ranged weapon. Design like that, seem like a way of "Forcing" builds on players. I dont like that.

just commenting on the non-trinity = zerg win, not sure if you ever played other MMO before, but with Trinity = who has the most healers wins

And if you aren't familiar with the problems with CC, focus fire on Healers that Trinity causes then I realy don't know what to say.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Not pre-ordering. I refuse to fall into the hype just to get disappointed again. If I buy it will be after launch but no promises whatsoever.
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
     I will definatley pre-order. I will support Elder Scrolls even if it looks like trash. I have over 800 hrs in skyrim and tons of fun modding  for the cost of a single game and some dlc. I'de say I got my $$'s worth and owe them my support.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Its looking like a lot of folks around here won't be playing it... Which gives me even more of a reason to try it out lol.

Seriously though, I do plan on checking it out. Parts looks very cool and worth the initial fee. Sub fees don't really matter to me. I wasted money on gw2 as I ended up hating it, so if I end up liking this game, it will be worth the sub. I habe concerns about a lot of games i buy, but thats thr risk with gaming. Either that, or wait until a free trial emerges.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

This is a small majority of MMO/Elder Scrolls fans. Who cares if 7 people on this sub-forum say they wont buy it.

Personally, I dont have game biasedness. I am going to try Everquest Next and this game if both release this year as both companies have said they intend to. I have every next gen console and a top end gaming computer.. I play games that I want to and dont limit it to biasedness and such. I played Everquest AND WoW. I was one of those guys! The "killer" to Everquest.

Originally posted by Praetalus
    Its looking like a lot of folks around here won't be playing it... Which gives me even more of a reason to try it out lol. Seriously though, I do plan on checking it out. Parts looks very cool and worth the initial fee. Sub fees don't really matter to me. I wasted money on gw2 as I ended up hating it, so if I end up liking this game, it will be worth the sub. I habe concerns about a lot of games i buy, but thats thr risk with gaming. Either that, or wait until a free trial emerges.

thats the point. why risk again? we all like elder scrolls games. we all like to be a top notch mmo, but why not holding 1 or 2 months? why not try something before buy it? is that bad? as for the sub, if it deserves it then ok, but if its like all the others then no sir. i preffer waiting a bit this time and every time from now on :)

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Oh come on now, the cost of pre-ordering is no bigger than a night spent out at the club.  If you can't afford it just don't go out once or twice when it becomes available. 

Sorry the thought of all those posts where people bash others for not wanting to pay a sub came to mind for some reason.

Personally, I won't pre-order it.  I haven't pre-ordered a game since.....ever. 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606

I will be pre-ordering for a few reasons.

1. TES lore/story. Best RPG games I have played. 

2 DAoC 3 faction PvP. Been waiting for a MMO to take that on sinse they stopped updating DAoC in 2003.

3 Crafting that has depth and not only makes BEST in slot items but also takes the best raid gear in the game and crafters can make it better,

4 PvP will be about skill not gear. No PvP gear, gear is just gear. When I win a fight I want to know it was my skill.

5 Already the elder game is a focus, turning 2/3 of the world into elder game content

6 Bringing back open world dungeons, this is a feature we gamers have been asking for forever.

7 Freedom in class, sick of cookie cutter classes that have no real freedom.

So much win IMO.

Its looking like a lot of folks around here won't be playing it... Which gives me even more of a reason to try it out lol. Seriously though, I do plan on checking it out. Parts looks very cool and worth the initial fee. Sub fees don't really matter to me. I wasted money on gw2 as I ended up hating it, so if I end up liking this game, it will be worth the sub. I habe concerns about a lot of games i buy, but thats thr risk with gaming. Either that, or wait until a free trial emerges.

thats the point. why risk again? we all like elder scrolls games. we all like to be a top notch mmo, but why not holding 1 or 2 months? why not try something before buy it? is that bad? as for the sub, if it deserves it then ok, but if its like all the others then no sir. i preffer waiting a bit this time and every time from now on :)

So you buy the game for 40-60 bucks and if you are a TES fan it gives you 1-2 months of enjoying the lore and story. If you are not a TES fan then you get to try out a new tripple A MMO (yes they have spent a lot on this game and its been in dev for 6 years) and again you get 1-2 months of gaming to find out. If you like it then you are ahead of the game. If you didnt, whats 40-60 bucks? Few hours of work? Whats the big deal?

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Not until it is released and i see which of all those promised features and marketing hype actually made it into the final game. Why would i pay for something now that is not finished, just to find out later that it is not what was promised in the first place?

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

So you buy the game for 40-60 bucks and if you are a TES fan it gives you 1-2 months of enjoying the lore and story. If you are not a TES fan then you get to try out a new tripple A MMO (yes they have spent a lot on this game and its been in dev for 6 years) and again you get 1-2 months of gaming to find out. If you like it then you are ahead of the game. If you didnt, whats 40-60 bucks? Few hours of work? Whats the big deal?

The big fracking deal is that companies will continue to produce shit as long as we give them money in advance for their shit. Come on man, you can not be that thick to not understand that this behaviour has gotten us to where we are today! 

They are selling you dreams and their new business model is to recover all development cost with box sales, pre-orders, founders editions, lifetime subscriptions. They will do anything to make you give them your money before you actually know what you get.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Hopefully they will have an open beta weekend nearer the time of release, so I can get a taste for the game.  If I enjoy it I will preorder.  I don't have high expectations for MMO's anymore, I treat them as I would a single player game.  If I can get a good few weeks of entertainment out of them, I'll consider it money well spent.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yes now that the hype machine is at maximum power the game "sounds" pretty bad ass......then again so did GW2 when they were hyping the crap out of that one, and so did SWTOR, and War, etc etc...

to me it still sounds like any other generic mmo that has come out in the last 5 years. not impressed, and frankly i'm going to wait until it launches and see what players truly say about this game before i even think about it.

Originally posted by taus01

Not until it is released and i see which of all those promised features and marketing hype actually made it into the final game. Why would i pay for something now that is not finished, just to find out later that it is not what was promised in the first place?

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

The big fracking deal is that companies will continue to produce shit as long as we give them money in advance for their shit. Come on man, you can not be that thick to not understand that this behaviour has gotten us to where we are today! 

They are selling you dreams and their new business model is to recover all development cost with box sales, pre-orders, founders editions, lifetime subscriptions. They will do anything to make you give them your money before you actually know what you get.

I dont think game companies plan on making crap games that they get to cash in on box sales lol. I personally think a lot of MMOs over the past few years have been failing because they has made things like VO story take first places over combat. Core mechanics of the game takes back seat and thats where many MMOs have failed. Games like ESO and Wildstar are talking more about the depth of the game then the flash. IMO ESO and Wildstar both show promis I have need seen sinse WoW launch.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I thought this game was going to be a pass for me - but the latest info/reveals really perk my interest.

I won't pre-order without playing the game first in beta.

If I don't make beta, I'll wait till after launch and see how it looks and such.