Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Preparing for Beta Phase 2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Producer's Letter for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has been published. The letter reveals the fact that 100,000 players are taking part in the closed beta thus far and have been providing feedback to the team. Most notably, game pad support will be dropping into the second beta slated to kick off in early April.

Keep in mind that testing the gamepad is the focus of the second phase, so the available content will be mostly the same. In my last letter I briefly mentioned guildhests, which are based on behests from Version 1.0. After reading your feedback, we decided to adjust this system so that you can attempt them at a lower level. Guildhests are scheduled for phase 3, and I hope you'll be ready when they're finished!

Read the full letter on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Phase 1 was amazing, the game is really going places faster than the best Chocobo!
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Finally, maybe I'll get an invite this time.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

And I wasn't invited to phase 1 despite being in the alpha.

SE really don't like me anymore apparently.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

I hear from "channel 4" that its a Final Fantasy themed "wow clone" now.

They threw out what actually wasn't bad from the original XIV and turned leveling into a solo quest marathon.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I cant wait until this game comeout.
  • patience13patience13 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    yes from channel 4 , the first 50 will be won't be too hard. However, if you read further into the board others are complaining it's hard to level up your other jobs. It's easy to get one class/job up to max...but if you want to get other jobs you'll have to do other things.
    Originally posted by DarkVagabond

I hear from "channel 4" that its a Final Fantasy themed "wow clone" now.

They threw out what actually wasn't bad from the original XIV and turned leveling into a solo quest marathon.

Forgot where but he talks about the features that were implemented that he really liked from other MMO's. This game will be focusing heavily on lore, story, and PvE. I'm not a big fan of PvP so I'm really looking forward to this game.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by DAOWAce

if u were in alpha u are able to log in into beta , did u try to log in? all alpha testers were invited to beta

Originally posted by patience13
    yes from channel 4 , the first 50 will be won't be too hard. However, if you read further into the board others are complaining it's hard to level up your other jobs. It's easy to get one class/job up to max...but if you want to get other jobs you'll have to do other things.

How do they even know beta lvl cap is at 35, and the zone that was available was a 1- 15 lvl area.

Originally posted by Skuall

if u were in alpha u are able to log in into beta , did u try to log in? all alpha testers were invited to beta

They specifically said that unless you're a legacy member non - legacy alpha testers must re apply.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

That not truth, only legacy where all invited, for the others alpha players, they had to be re-invited. Some did some did not.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

They specifically said that unless you're a legacy member non - legacy alpha testers must re apply.

You didnt have to re-apply, if you where in alpha, you just needed to wait for the invite email. You have to re-aplly for the ps3 version tough.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    With one more weekend of Phase 1 testing and two weeks of debug per the beta roadmap, Phase 2 should be starting in a few weeks.  Be on the lookout for those e-mails around then if you applied.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I'm kinda hesitant to play this again, they bascally have turned the game into a wow-clone sort of. We have way to many of these types of mmorpgs as it is. Then again I suppose the quests will only help u level at best 2 jobs.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I'm kinda hesitant to play this again, they bascally have turned the game into a wow-clone sort of. We have way to many of these types of mmorpgs as it is. Then again I suppose the quests will only help u level at best 2 jobs.

As I tell everyone else that is hesitant to play it based on its past repetoire or uneasiness in the direction it's heading; try out the open beta and judge for yourself.  The only thing you have to lose is time spent elsewhere.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I played XIV at launch, and it had a few technical issues, though less than Sim City Always Online strangely enough, and I thought it was just way too hardcore a PvE sandbox for most gamers to take. Tremendous freedom, but way to little to guide most peeps. XIV reborn I am thinking of playing on PS3 at release. Will be a blast on console. While many like Bill and the guys here seem to be looking to jump on the Champions online rework in Neverwinter from there GW2 casual heaven, I am thinking XIV is the fantasy mmo to play untill Elder Scrolls Online eventually goes live some way off from this present point in time.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    seems like level up your first Class is easy with quests and Dungeons, but second one you will have no quests, so will be more dificult because u need to go for F.A.T.E, Guildhest, Dungeons.. (maybe PvP to level up like Rift?)
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

As someone else has mentioned, it's likely that only one area is available for play, and a level cap initiated.  In addition, given that it's a true beta, it's also likely that only one form of leveling is implemented and the story turned off to prevent spoilers.  Judging from the live letters and the letters from the producers chocobo raising and combat isn't even in the game yet, as houses are still an internal thing and that's where you build a chocobo farm.  With the latest live letter from the producer Behests seem to not be in the game either at this point; I wouldn't be surprised if only quests were available and the occassional FATE to test the waters.

Anyone who claims it's easy to level the first time is likely speaking out of their behinds due to the beforementioned restrictions (especially since the last letter specifically spoke of these tests targeting only a few things, just as exclusively testing gamepads in phase II).

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    FFXIV ARR is something every MMO gamer should be excited about, along with TESO.

• NiremNirem Member Posts: 52
    Don't forget that there will be several starting zones, which basicly will help you once you try to lvl your second job with quests from those areas.
  • Fatality001133Fatality001133 Member Posts: 10
    Wow this is amazing im a big fan of final fantasy. I hope i get invites so i can try this badass game.!

• egamegeekegamegeek Member Posts: 23

Can't wait for this to go live. Especially now since I have a computer that can run it.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    FFXIV ARR is something every MMO gamer should be excited about, along with TESO.

Agreed sir  ^ ^

It will indeed be the real deal this time. XIV was very PvE hardcore in its approach and had some technical issues. ARR is easier for Joe and Jane casual GW2 gamer to get into, and given that GW2 is aging you will get players hoping onto newer games. Similar thing with WoW, people get fed up with the lack of content at 90 and want to move on from a gear treadmill end-game onto something new.

• BegaTasyBegaTasy Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Getting a little worried about the more an more posts I am seeing how they have gone for the GW2/WOW modle an there isnt much FF left in it?...I hope that isnt  true.Consicerign the shallowness of those games, I would hope FF had the sence to keep FF's depth an diversity intact.