Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Try Storm Legion for Five Days Free

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds is offering subscribers and former subscribers a chance to try out the Rift: Storm Legion expansion from March 21st-25th. All players will also be able to take part in Rift's second anniversary fete, Carnival of the Ascended.

Find out more on the Rift anniversary page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

imo the best mmo in the market (except eve ofc! ), but i think its time for b2p or f2p. servers are empty (3 medium + 1 high at peak times in eu, all of them pve) and thats the reason i cant come back. 

if the game implement a b2p model, lets say like gw2, i think it would easily leave behind every other mmo in the market

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Manolios

imo the best mmo in the market (except eve ofc! ), but i think its time for b2p or f2p. servers are empty (3 medium + 1 high at pick times in eu, all of them pve) and thats the reason i cant come back. 

if the game implement a b2p model, lets say like gw2, i think it would reach easily leave behind every other mmo in the market

Empty? Maybe for EU but in the US at peak hours theres 3 or 4 high population servers. Mine has a ton of people on at all times (faeblight).

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

19.23 eu time

1 french medium

2 german medium

1 english high

all of them pve

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Agreed, this game needs a F2P conversion in the worse possible way.

Well that and an update on combat animations, as the 2-handed combat animations are absolutely the worst I have ever seen in an MMO.

Edit: grrrrrr why not do this during week, why over a weekend?  Well so mcuh for me testing SL since this happens during the Neverwinter beta weekend 3 and ain't no way I'm missing that.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Ezraiel92

Base game and xpac for 20 dollars at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/RIFT-Storm-Legion-Pc/dp/B004O0U494/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363633233&sr=8-2&keywords=rift

You made the same post already today http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/379644/Rift-Sale-20-at-Amazon.html

Besides that it has been cheaper on Ebay for ages...does Trion or Amazon pay you to post this?

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Of course they do it the weekend I'll be at PAX East....grrr
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by JerYnkFan
    Of course they do it the weekend I'll be at PAX East....grrr

I would bet Trion will have a booth or two at PAX.

In a sarcastic tone..."Sure must be rough to have those problesm you have."

Hehe, have fun @ PAX

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

I felt bad about unsubbing from Rift, as Trion is one of the companies that truly deserves success.  They pump out content at an incredible rate, they tried to implement 3 way pvp after seeing how much players wanted it, did the same thing with player housing, etc...

But I just feel really burnt out on the instanced raid style of MMOs.  Yes, they were fun, a lot of fun, for a long time, but this was not my first game with them and I doubt it was the first for anyone else either.  The whole concept of a gear treadmill gives me a sour taste at this point.

One of my favorite parts of rift was the invasions, but performance during them was always poor, and even though they were fun they were not enough on their own.  I just can't justify subbing to Rift when I can get a similar experience in GW2.

I have been looking at giving Defiance a try, and my buddies that game on Xbox are excited about it, but I am worried about performance issues and the game really does not sound complicated enough to keep my interest as an RPG.

Anyways, point is, Trion is great, and they deserve support.  If money wasn't an issue I'd sub.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Originally posted by Manolios

imo the best mmo in the market (except eve ofc! ), but i think its time for b2p or f2p. servers are empty (3 medium + 1 high at pick times in eu, all of them pve) and thats the reason i cant come back. 

if the game implement a b2p model, lets say like gw2, i think it would reach easily leave behind every other mmo in the market

Empty? Maybe for EU but in the US at peak hours theres 3 or 4 high population servers. Mine has a ton of people on at all times (faeblight).

Probably for EU where I have played. I loved original, but stopped to play expansion after 1 week. Not sure will return again. Mainly because killing simple mobs become epic thing. I.e. lv. 50 mobs in old world were around 7000hp, here in new world lv. 50 mobs around 26000. Is this not maddness? Not sure how more are not bothered by this. And somehow boring same "hello" without single variaton from npc's, .... etc.

• YazeedYazeed Member Posts: 29
    Great game .. great work and effort from Trion .. they deserve the sucess i hope the best to them
  • znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    I would pay subs if rift had tera " free play-style " combat without lock-on skills, rift has many good features, but combat is borring.
  • MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

the expansion was Blah to me, i didnt like the world, was barren and looked like it was rushed out ... 

Im also tired of the gear tread mill .... not just from Rift , any game that ive played that does it ..

its nice to get content out fast, but its even better to get quality content .. 

I want to play Defiance but im worried about it at the same time, i think it will be shallow at best ,,

but hope its going to ge more than 1 month of fun ..

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    5 whole days huh?  They should extend that to at least two weeks, I might look at it then.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Baitness

I felt bad about unsubbing from Rift, as Trion is one of the companies that truly deserves success.  They pump out content at an incredible rate, they tried to implement 3 way pvp after seeing how much players wanted it,

The three way PvP was *not* a player request.  Yes, there are a few people that talked about it but the main desire from the *RIFT* pvp community was meaningful, open world PvP which conquest is the opposite of as its a glorified battleground that doesnt even take place in the real game world.

Conquest was a desperate attempt to draw people in with the three faction PvP buzzword inbetween TSW and GW2 release.  To do this, they ignored the main player requests and sacrificed the lore of their own game with the stupid gimmick to make three factions in a two faction game.

Had they wanted to do three faction PvP right they could have instituted a true third faction (planar?) with Storm Legion but instead opted for the cheap option with reused maps and thoughtless lore.

Ill agree Trion got off to a great start, but thats in the past now.  4 months after storm legion and this is whats been added: a raid that was already finished at SL launch but held back, 3rd teir of PA that was first seen on test server last march, and a second tier of PvP PA.  Oh and they brough back last years festival and made it suck.

• tiddytiddy Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by heckz0r
    well i w8 for full f2p

Don't hold your breath.

• AbealriAbealri Member Posts: 1
     If you want to see some live action of Rift Storm Legion I am streaming when ever I am logged in at . You can see raid progression on wed, fri, mon at 8 central american time. I also do alot of PVP and other PVE things as well.