Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejoice complainers and whiners....YOU WIN!

2»

Comments

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

so you want to play on a large map and beeing able to explore only 33% of the game.

Now they give you the ability to explore more of the game which is what most of us want and you are pissed?

You dude have a serious mind problem

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    if  this is instanced/phased then I dont know why TESO wants to be called an MMO in the first place....
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore.

Way to ruin another MMO, you win and the community and realm pride loses.  maybe I will start a vicious and slanderous campaign to get this changed back.  Seriously considering my choice to play knowing the development can be changed by a bunch of vocal bitchers and complainers. 

TOTALLY PISSED!

Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

You still wont be able to PVP or attack anyone, as a matter of fact you won't see other faction players. Pretty pointless if you are in to PVP but great for PVE and RPers.

Hopefully they will change and fix that too.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore.

Way to ruin another MMO, you win and the community and realm pride loses.  maybe I will start a vicious and slanderous campaign to get this changed back.  Seriously considering my choice to play knowing the development can be changed by a bunch of vocal bitchers and complainers. 

TOTALLY PISSED!

Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

You still wont be able to PVP or attack anyone, as a matter of fact you won't see other faction players. Pretty pointless if you are in to PVP but great for PVE and RPers.

Hopefully they will change and fix that too.

Nope they are instanced version of the other faction areas, Cyrodiil is the only place you can PVP not in adventure zones. Great news and a win for the RPers and PVEr's.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by jakojako

How does this work when each area is designed for leveling from 1-max? Mobs can't cater to both lvl 22 and 44 at the same time for example

It's another instance of the zone with harder mobs for level 50 characters. The starting zone won't have level 1 enemies, but level 50, Higher level zones will have level 51, 52...56 up to whatever ZOS think is still playable.

It's similar to GuildWars 1 harcore mode.

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

This sounds like a good compromise. People can explore the other lands without making a new character, but are still seperated from the people of the other lands.

I don't see any problem with realm pride, nor issues with the ongoing war.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    if  this is instanced/phased then I dont know why TESO wants to be called an MMO in the first place....

A lot of people were asking why the game wants to be called TES with so many DaoC features instead of open world sandbox features...either way the game is looking to end up being the new SWTOR of IPs destroyers.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by jimdandy26

You are the reason why we cannot have nice things.

Originally posted by colddog04

Pretty clear, eh? Just making shit up doesn't make the argument any less ridiculous and amateurish.

LOL. What was made up again?

Do you see that part where I say, "pretty clear, eh?" The stuff following "pretty clear" in your post is the shit you made up. You have no clue about whether or not the decision came from the developers or "on high." To make the distinction as if you have any clue what you're talking about was just poor form.

But in my opinion, the original argument that prefering something different than what the developers are offering and expressing it in a thread is disrespectful to them or that it takes away their freedom is even worse. And you spent like 5 pages arguing that shit the other day. 

And now here you are, preffering something different than what the developers want and you act like you are immune to your same criticism based on the changes coming from "on high" - something you have no clue about.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I would be more upset if devs didn't listen to the people who are vocal about the game they want. Isn't that what everyone has wanted the past few years are devs that actually listen and care? Don't get me wrong I probably wont play TESO but still this is a good move on their part and I'm sorry you don't like it but there is no going back now.

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Im sure there will be an option in the Intro Questionaire where you can choose Not To See/Play with Level 50s of the Opposing Factions and be put in a Special Campaign just for you.

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by colddog04

Do you see that part where I say, "pretty clear, eh?" The stuff following "pretty clear" in your post is the shit you made up. You have no clue about whether or not the decision came from the developers or "on high." To make the distinction as if you have any clue what you're talking about was just poor form.

But in my opinion, the original argument that prefering something different than what the developers are offering and expressing it in a thread is disrespectful to them or that it takes away their freedom is even worse. And you spent like 5 pages arguing that shit the other day. 

And now here you are, preffering something different than what the developers want and you act like you are immune to your same criticism based on the changes coming from "on high" - something you have no clue about.

Thank you for proving my rebuttal. You completely missed the point of my argument. Players coming in and trying to fundementally change a game does far more harm than good, and is very much disrespectful. How soon players forget that things like the CU contained oh so many of the changes the playerbase had been crying for since its release. How soon players forget that things like the support role was eliminated in WoW because of players whining. This is one of the worst misuses of the current internet age. Whining with the loudest voice until you get your way instead of just stopping and thinking why such things are implemented in the first place.

As for making things up, I sincerely doubt it. While its very true I was not in the room, after having been in that sort of environment before, I would be more than willing to bet that is exactly what happened. Developer rarely change their mind on those sorts of features, especially when so much needs to be designed around them. If this was the original intent it would be far less tacked on, and would have been announced sooner, and that is just basic logic.

Originally posted by Sinaku

I would be more upset if devs didn't listen to the people who are vocal about the game they want. Isn't that what everyone has wanted the past few years are devs that actually listen and care? Don't get me wrong I probably wont play TESO but still this is a good move on their part and I'm sorry you don't like it but there is no going back now.

Thats the thing. Developers have ALWAYS listened. The problem being they just never do what  we want them to do, just like good parents. So like the spoiled teenagers we all act like we go screaming to the boards whining with our fellows about how mean the developers are because we can't keep a super op ability, or eliminate that grind so we can get ALL the purps now.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

This discussion has been closed.