Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Rejoice complainers and whiners....YOU WIN!

2»

Comments

  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 salem, ORPosts: 527Member
    Originally posted by Yizle

    Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

    You are the reason why we cannot have nice things.

     

    Originally posted by colddog04

    Pretty clear, eh? Just making shit up doesn't make the argument any less ridiculous and amateurish.

    LOL. What was made up again?

    I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

    To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisPosts: 2,087Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jakojako
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by JasonJ

    1. No actual details on anything other than opening the realm up to exploration. Nothing about quests, raids or PvPing there. The loot they speak of could come just from exploration rewards.

    2. Realms are still intact, being able to go to another realm for whatever reason does not make you a part of the other sides forces.

    3. You just proved that closed RvR zones does not create real pride, but fake pride so fragile that just the idea someone can step foot in another land removes your pride in your realm.

     

    Actually (and this is not my favorite way for them to do it but at this point "whatever") there will be quests in the second area and the mobs will be harder. After you complete that second area, the third area opens up and again, quests and harder mobs and apparently better chances at better gear and mats.

    How does this work when each area is designed for leveling from 1-max? Mobs can't cater to both lvl 22 and 44 at the same time for example

    They are instanced versions of the other faction zones, you won't see other faction players.

    Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
    Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
    Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
    Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
    16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
    840 Series 250GB SSDs
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
    EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

  • RelGnRelGn halalaPosts: 494Member

    so you want to play on a large map and beeing able to explore only 33% of the game.

    Now they give you the ability to explore more of the game which is what most of us want and you are pissed?

    You dude have a serious mind problem

    image
  • GaladournGaladourn AthensPosts: 1,052Member
    if  this is instanced/phased then I dont know why TESO wants to be called an MMO in the first place....
  • YizleYizle Atlanta, GAPosts: 517Member
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by azzamasin

    Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore.

     

    Way to ruin another MMO, you win and the community and realm pride loses.  maybe I will start a vicious and slanderous campaign to get this changed back.  Seriously considering my choice to play knowing the development can be changed by a bunch of vocal bitchers and complainers. 

     

    TOTALLY PISSED!

    Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

    You still wont be able to PVP or attack anyone, as a matter of fact you won't see other faction players. Pretty pointless if you are in to PVP but great for PVE and RPers.

    Hopefully they will change and fix that too.

  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisPosts: 2,087Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by azzamasin

    Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore.

     

    Way to ruin another MMO, you win and the community and realm pride loses.  maybe I will start a vicious and slanderous campaign to get this changed back.  Seriously considering my choice to play knowing the development can be changed by a bunch of vocal bitchers and complainers. 

     

    TOTALLY PISSED!

    Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

    You still wont be able to PVP or attack anyone, as a matter of fact you won't see other faction players. Pretty pointless if you are in to PVP but great for PVE and RPers.

    Hopefully they will change and fix that too.

    Nope they are instanced version of the other faction areas, Cyrodiil is the only place you can PVP not in adventure zones. Great news and a win for the RPers and PVEr's.

    Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
    Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
    Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
    Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
    16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
    840 Series 250GB SSDs
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
    EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

  • azarhalazarhal Somewhere, BCPosts: 763Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jakojako

    How does this work when each area is designed for leveling from 1-max? Mobs can't cater to both lvl 22 and 44 at the same time for example

    It's another instance of the zone with harder mobs for level 50 characters. The starting zone won't have level 1 enemies, but level 50, Higher level zones will have level 51, 52...56 up to whatever ZOS think is still playable.

    It's similar to GuildWars 1 harcore mode.

  • VyntVynt Glendale, CAPosts: 632Member Uncommon

    This sounds like a good compromise. People can explore the other lands without making a new character, but are still seperated from the people of the other lands.

    I don't see any problem with realm pride, nor issues with the ongoing war.

  • JasonJJasonJ New Port Richey, FLPosts: 395Member
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    if  this is instanced/phased then I dont know why TESO wants to be called an MMO in the first place....

     A lot of people were asking why the game wants to be called TES with so many DaoC features instead of open world sandbox features...either way the game is looking to end up being the new SWTOR of IPs destroyers.

  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,503Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Originally posted by Yizle

    Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

    You are the reason why we cannot have nice things.

     

    Originally posted by colddog04

    Pretty clear, eh? Just making shit up doesn't make the argument any less ridiculous and amateurish.

    LOL. What was made up again?

    Do you see that part where I say, "pretty clear, eh?" The stuff following "pretty clear" in your post is the shit you made up. You have no clue about whether or not the decision came from the developers or "on high." To make the distinction as if you have any clue what you're talking about was just poor form.

     

    But in my opinion, the original argument that prefering something different than what the developers are offering and expressing it in a thread is disrespectful to them or that it takes away their freedom is even worse. And you spent like 5 pages arguing that shit the other day. 

     

    And now here you are, preffering something different than what the developers want and you act like you are immune to your same criticism based on the changes coming from "on high" - something you have no clue about.

  • SinakuSinaku Austin, TXPosts: 481Member Uncommon

    I would be more upset if devs didn't listen to the people who are vocal about the game they want. Isn't that what everyone has wanted the past few years are devs that actually listen and care? Don't get me wrong I probably wont play TESO but still this is a good move on their part and I'm sorry you don't like it but there is no going back now.

  • TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Axxar
    I wonder if this means you'll magically be unable to attack the locals when you enter their zone. If yes, I susupect that will be the next target of Internet Ire.

    That is what I got from it, and that is also the source of my hand hold ire. Should I be able to enter enemy lands, yes, but at my own risk!

  • CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Henderson, NVPosts: 363Member Common
    Im sure there will be an option in the Intro Questionaire where you can choose Not To See/Play with Level 50s of the Opposing Factions and be put in a Special Campaign just for you.

    Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

    Games Played: Too Many

  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 salem, ORPosts: 527Member
    Originally posted by colddog04

    Do you see that part where I say, "pretty clear, eh?" The stuff following "pretty clear" in your post is the shit you made up. You have no clue about whether or not the decision came from the developers or "on high." To make the distinction as if you have any clue what you're talking about was just poor form.

     

    But in my opinion, the original argument that prefering something different than what the developers are offering and expressing it in a thread is disrespectful to them or that it takes away their freedom is even worse. And you spent like 5 pages arguing that shit the other day. 

     

    And now here you are, preffering something different than what the developers want and you act like you are immune to your same criticism based on the changes coming from "on high" - something you have no clue about.

    Thank you for proving my rebuttal. You completely missed the point of my argument. Players coming in and trying to fundementally change a game does far more harm than good, and is very much disrespectful. How soon players forget that things like the CU contained oh so many of the changes the playerbase had been crying for since its release. How soon players forget that things like the support role was eliminated in WoW because of players whining. This is one of the worst misuses of the current internet age. Whining with the loudest voice until you get your way instead of just stopping and thinking why such things are implemented in the first place.

    As for making things up, I sincerely doubt it. While its very true I was not in the room, after having been in that sort of environment before, I would be more than willing to bet that is exactly what happened. Developer rarely change their mind on those sorts of features, especially when so much needs to be designed around them. If this was the original intent it would be far less tacked on, and would have been announced sooner, and that is just basic logic.

    Originally posted by Sinaku

    I would be more upset if devs didn't listen to the people who are vocal about the game they want. Isn't that what everyone has wanted the past few years are devs that actually listen and care? Don't get me wrong I probably wont play TESO but still this is a good move on their part and I'm sorry you don't like it but there is no going back now.

    Thats the thing. Developers have ALWAYS listened. The problem being they just never do what  we want them to do, just like good parents. So like the spoiled teenagers we all act like we go screaming to the boards whining with our fellows about how mean the developers are because we can't keep a super op ability, or eliminate that grind so we can get ALL the purps now.

    I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

    To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

2»
This discussion has been closed.