Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejoice complainers and whiners....YOU WIN!

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore.

Way to ruin another MMO, you win and the community and realm pride loses.  maybe I will start a vicious and slanderous campaign to get this changed back.  Seriously considering my choice to play knowing the development can be changed by a bunch of vocal bitchers and complainers. 

TOTALLY PISSED!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    after this changes ,I  am interested for that game ,again,i got feel it is TES game
  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    I would not say pissed, but this is not a good sign.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Another new announcement came from the team about exploring the whole world of the game. For a while, it sounded like you could only explore the faction that you had joined at the beginning of the game. So the Ebonhearts would only explore Skyrim and so on. This has now been changed. Players who complete all of the PvE in their zone will now get the chance to unlock another zone at Level 50. Therefore, Ebonheart players can explore the content of the Daggerfall Covenant or the Aldmeri Dominion at Level 50. Once you make the choice the entire zone opens up to your character to explore.

Way to ruin another MMO, you win and the community and realm pride loses.  maybe I will start a vicious and slanderous campaign to get this changed back.  Seriously considering my choice to play knowing the development can be changed by a bunch of vocal bitchers and complainers. 

TOTALLY PISSED!

or way to save it. In any case your love of the Elder Scrolls clearly shines through.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

1. No actual details on anything other than opening the realm up to exploration. Nothing about quests, raids or PvPing there. The loot they speak of could come just from exploration rewards.

2. Realms are still intact, being able to go to another realm for whatever reason does not make you a part of the other sides forces.

3. You just proved that closed RvR zones does not create real pride, but fake pride so fragile that just the idea someone can step foot in another land removes your pride in your realm.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    How many times have I heard them say in interviews that this is first and foremost an Elder Scrolls game.  That means exploration takes a front seat to any mechanic that would lay barriers to it, such as factional only areas.  I know people like you want this to be DAoC 2, but it isn't.  It is Elder Scrolls with three faction realm versus realm elements.  If you want DAoC 2, look no further than Camelot Unchained and get over it already.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by JasonJ

1. No actual details on anything other than opening the realm up to exploration. Nothing about quests, raids or PvPing there. The loot they speak of could come just from exploration rewards.

2. Realms are still intact, being able to go to another realm for whatever reason does not make you a part of the other sides forces.

3. You just proved that closed RvR zones does not create real pride, but fake pride so fragile that just the idea someone can step foot in another land removes your pride in your realm.

Actually (and this is not my favorite way for them to do it but at this point "whatever") there will be quests in the second area and the mobs will be harder. After you complete that second area, the third area opens up and again, quests and harder mobs and apparently better chances at better gear and mats.

It has been suggested by one of the mmorpg.com staff that if you sign up for pvp preference your mega server "shard" might allow for pvp in those area. I haven't seen much about this but I'm going to pax and will definitely ask.

Agree with 3.

I fully intend on being in the pvp area and will have pride in my faction if we do well.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I'm not too fazed by this, in fact I kind of like it.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Have not been paying attention to this game, but I didn't know community realm pride was based on the inability to explore other realms haha. I think this is good news and much required to take the torch of an Elder Scrolls game. Time to start looking at this game more.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by jimdandy26

Who are you to question the designers decisions? You are taking away from the freedom of the designers by thinking it's not a good sign. Actually, you are being disrespectful to them.

• DevilmarioDevilmario Member Posts: 18

I think its better than the choices EAware made with SWTOR, sperating the factions, no I mean isolating them from eachother, that worked out real well for them.

This is a good decision.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I think I missed the part where this feature change ruins the game?

It honestly doesn't seem like that bad of an idea, it'll all depend on the details, though.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    How is letting us play and explore the entire world ruining the game? So because the United States was at war with Iraq and other middle eastern nations I cant go and explore the middle east? The OP is the one whining and want this game to be something thats not elder scrolls because in elder scroll you can explore and go anywhere you want regardless of what race you choose.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

So a lot of people complained about something which was a CORE aspect of the Elder Scrolls series and now you are bitching about that?

Ruining the MMO? Really??

And what you call vocal bitchers etc etc are people who actually played the Elder Scrolls series and realised that one of its defining aspects was that you could go anywhere you like. So for me this is good news indeed and probably make me buy this game, even though I do hate ThemeParks.

• I wonder if this means you'll magically be unable to attack the locals when you enter their zone. If yes, I susupect that will be the next target of Internet Ire.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

TOTALLY PISSED!

Why be pissed, it's still only PVE in the other faction areas which is really great. It's a win for all the PVE lovers and in a way a wind up for all PVP lover because Cyrodiil still stays the only PVP area.

Does anyone else see the irony in the post title and the content of the original post?
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    The OP doesn't understand how the system work at all.
    • You need to have finished your PvE zones and be level 50 to unlock one of the two other Alliances starting area.
    • Once you move there, it's a level 50+ zones and you only see people from your Alliance -said by Maria the Monster Combat Designer in an interview-
    • You have to finish that Alliance PvE zones to unlock the 3rd one, at level 50++.

There is nothing about becoming a member of the other Alliances, in fact, it's more like if you were invading/spying...

Originally posted by colddog04

Who are you to question the designers decisions? You are taking away from the freedom of the designers by thinking it's not a good sign. Actually, you are being disrespectful to them.

If you are going to attempt to flip an argument, atleast understand the argument first. Its pretty clear that this decision came down from on high. You know, those guys "you people" constantly critisize for ruining mmos.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

TOTALLY PISSED!

Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

Originally posted by azarhal
    The OP doesn't understand how the system work at all.
    • You need to have finished your PvE zones and be level 50 to unlock one of the two other Alliances starting area.
    • Once you move there, it's a level 50+ zones and you only see people from your Alliance -said by Maria the Monster Combat Designer in an interview-
    • You have to finish that Alliance PvE zones to unlock the 3rd one, at level 50++.

There is nothing about becoming a member of the other Alliances, in fact, it's more like if you were invading/spying...

And you will only be able to see your faction players in the other factions zones as well lol.

Source http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yGrflK6An6Y

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Actually (and this is not my favorite way for them to do it but at this point "whatever") there will be quests in the second area and the mobs will be harder. After you complete that second area, the third area opens up and again, quests and harder mobs and apparently better chances at better gear and mats.

How does this work when each area is designed for leveling from 1-max? Mobs can't cater to both lvl 22 and 44 at the same time for example

Originally posted by Yizle

TOTALLY PISSED!

Good change that original plan was crap. If I want to take my character into foreign or enemy lands it should be my choice.

You still wont be able to PVP or attack anyone, as a matter of fact you won't see other faction players. Pretty pointless if you are in to PVP but great for PVE and RPers.

If you are going to attempt to flip an argument, atleast understand the argument first. Its pretty clear that this decision came down from on high. You know, those guys "you people" constantly critisize for ruining mmos.

Pretty clear, eh? Just making shit up doesn't make the argument any less ridiculous and amateurish.

Originally posted by Yizle

You are the reason why we cannot have nice things.

Pretty clear, eh? Just making shit up doesn't make the argument any less ridiculous and amateurish.

LOL. What was made up again?

Originally posted by jakojako
    Originally posted by Sovrath

How does this work when each area is designed for leveling from 1-max? Mobs can't cater to both lvl 22 and 44 at the same time for example

They are instanced versions of the other faction zones, you won't see other faction players.

This discussion has been closed.