Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription

tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147

I need an MMO to hang out in until FFXIV or ESO release and I'm thinking I'll pick SWTOR.

As far as the game itself, I loved it when it came out so I'll probably like the game now.

My biggest concern is the F2P flip, if I sign up for a regular subscription will I have just as much freedom as I would have had when the game released? I checked their F2P chart but I just want to know if there might be something I'm not seeing.

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by tussauc

I need an MMO to hang out in until FFXIV or ESO release and I'm thinking I'll pick SWTOR.

As far as the game itself, I loved it when it came out so I'll probably like the game now.

My biggest concern is the F2P flip, if I sign up for a regular subscription will I have just as much freedom as I would have had when the game released? I checked their F2P chart but I just want to know if there might be something I'm not seeing.

The answer is yes. If you subscribe you're right back where you started when you left.The only difference is that now you'll have a bunch of CM credits coming in to you every month which can be used in the store or for legacy perks. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

As a prior sub, you will be a preferred status person. The biggest issue with preferred imho is the limit on character creation and warzones. You are limited to five Warzones per week as a preferred player.

• tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by ktanner3

The answer is yes. If you subscribe you're right back where you started when you left.The only difference is that now you'll have a bunch of CM credits coming in to you every month which can be used in the store or for legacy perks. 

What are legacy perks?

What are legacy perks?

Your legacy is a feature you get after you get your first character to level 50. You pick a legacy name and every character that you create on that server is a part of it. Each of them has access to all kinds of legacy unlocks through the use of credits or CM points. 

• tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147

What are legacy perks?

Your legacy is a feature you get after you get your first character to level 50. You pick a legacy name and every character that you create on that server is a part of it. Each of them has access to all kinds of legacy unlocks through the use of credits or CM points. 

Cool thanks :')

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

What are legacy perks?

Legacy unlocks after completion of chapter 1 of the class quest series the first time on a server. Generally that's around level 32 but it isn't tied to character level.

Originally posted by Skuz

What are legacy perks?

Legacy unlocks after completion of chapter 1 of the class quest series the first time on a server. Generally that's around level 32 but it isn't tied to character level.

My bad. You're correct. It's after finishing Chapter 1 of your class story which is usually around level 32 that legacy feature unlocks.. It's your special legacy class ability that doesn't unlock until 50 .