It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hey everyone. Wayback Wednesday on April 3rd is going to focus on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. I'll have Keaven from Mythic on with me.
What questions do you have for him?
Twitter Facebook TheGameCooler Youtube
How many parts will there be in the Live event that should lead to the discovery of the Legendary weapons?
Can you tell us more about those Legendary weapons? Are they going to be unique server-wide or is it going to be a weapon for everyone? (*grin*)
What's the limit for you guys and the servers in T4 before opening a new server, if peeps are more and more coming back to war?
just a quick game play question, right now in rvr lakes when you die anywhere except a keep you spawn at your wc, could it be changed to include bo's to also spawn you at your keep?
In no particular order:
1) Are there any plans to somehow re-invigorate the non-Land of the Dead PvE? WAR has some amazing PvE content, but the rewards for doing them (aside from learning the Lore and seeing awesome environments) are pretty lackluster, especially when compared to what one can get simply by purchasing the PvP gear and items with War Crests that can easily be gotten by following the zerg.
2) Are there any plans to make keep defense more appealing? Right now, most keep sieges simply equate to four guys running a Ram while the rest of their zerg AFKs out front of the Keep. Once the door is beat down, there's a mad dash up the ramp to grab the flag. If there were any defenders, they've typically either left already before the door cracks or all run up on the third floor for a valiant, yet ultimately useless, last stand -- at one point I even witnessed most of the opposing zerg just get up and leave once they realized they weren't going to be able to defeat the third floor defenders (but only after they got their keep capture renown tic. Can some form of "re-capture" mechanic be implimented?
3) Full-blown Third faction? Skaven, please. And not Monster Play.
4) Are there any plans to address the Zerg factor? What I mean is if one side is getting beat, you see tons of people just log off and then log back in on the opposing side, resulting in even more imbalance in population. Maybe impliment some form of "Anti-AAO" for the over-populated side?
5) The recent double-renown week that was given as compensation for server issues had the interesting side-effect of resulting in a large boost in player population on both sides. Is there any way to impliment a "Double-Renown Weekend" event?
6) Advertising for the game. Where is it?
7) Ever thought about a Kickstart campaign?
Originally posted by Goreignak In no particular order: 1) Are there any plans to somehow re-invigorate the non-Land of the Dead PvE? WAR has some amazing PvE content, but the rewards for doing them (aside from learning the Lore and seeing awesome environments) are pretty lackluster, especially when compared to what one can get simply by purchasing the PvP gear and items with War Crests that can easily be gotten by following the zerg.
I made a post a couple of days ago in the WAR forum about PvE, and the fact that so many people dont even know how good the lore/exploration aspect of WAR is. I understand that WAR is played as a mostly PvP exclusive game but its a shame because it really does have content worth playing.
A problem is though that world is way too big for its population, if they could find some way to highlight one zone and make those PQs active. Even if its something like a daily quest for a one hour, double renown potion or something to give people incentive to at least do the PQs now and then.
Originally posted by strangiato2112 Originally posted by Goreignak In no particular order: 1) Are there any plans to somehow re-invigorate the non-Land of the Dead PvE? WAR has some amazing PvE content, but the rewards for doing them (aside from learning the Lore and seeing awesome environments) are pretty lackluster, especially when compared to what one can get simply by purchasing the PvP gear and items with War Crests that can easily be gotten by following the zerg.
Maybe could also do a XP/RR boost for playing in your "home" pairings...
Nice one Rob. WAR deserves more attention than it's getting.
Here's my question:
Being a 2 faction PvP centric MMO, one faction was inevitably bound to dominate the other in Warhammer Online. It's not always the same faction, it switches from time to time but there does seem to be that constant of one faction always outnumbering the other in open RvR. Do you have any plans to adress this issue and to add incentives for players to join the underdog faction? AAO doesn't seem to be enough.
And another crucial question I think is on many players' mind:
What are you plans for the Burning Elixir potion? Nothing? Remove it from the game? Balance it?
Originally posted by Goreignak Originally posted by strangiato2112 Originally posted by Goreignak In no particular order: 1) Are there any plans to somehow re-invigorate the non-Land of the Dead PvE? WAR has some amazing PvE content, but the rewards for doing them (aside from learning the Lore and seeing awesome environments) are pretty lackluster, especially when compared to what one can get simply by purchasing the PvP gear and items with War Crests that can easily be gotten by following the zerg.
I think the world is too big for its amount of players to do that. Maybe highlight one of the three pairings each week and rotate.
Keaven: About the new upcomming patch, could you give details what you guys been looking at? Are there gonna be changes for some classes that have been considered above average and not mentioned on forums, like WP/DOK and Marauders?
On prime-time we have noticed the servers have been lagging a bit. Do you guys have any plans about that?
I want to ask some good qestion.
1.) I realy love the pve , but its gives (except lotd) meaningless rewards. Im sure you can do some PvE campaign for good (very
rare or legendary ones) weapons/items and for some renow which means pve it worth to do.
2.) Im sure the players want some more instance and that cause new zones new exploreable things.
3.) What about the renow rank? i know many renow rank 100 players (like myself) who bored to play the game becouse it lose its "mystic". What about to make some new content for rr100 players? (like tier5).
4.) I love the way of the "stronghold saga". Can we get some extract about the legendary weapons?
What will be the next part.? Maybe some instant renow? Just like the clues....
Thanks for the answers!
1) what do you think about PvE nowadays, I mean PvE is totaly lost by war crest and not usable equipment lootable from PvE
2) is there any hope of improving crafting skills? I mean there are products which have no better version if u make them with crit(liniments for example) or double crits(+23 talismans for example)
3) what do you think about the super leveling quests which can lvlup you from lvl 1 to lvl 40 in 1 day. its like saying don´t play any other tier than Tier 4
4) what do you think about cross realm. many players make a character on the other side and fast lvlup him only to can farm his friends main characters
5) Why is there everything set to make ppl leeching renowm instead of fighting, for example citi instance, for everyone is more advantageous to go empty instance than try to fight, or renowm bonus from locks why ppl who didn´t helped with the lock should get 10-15k renowm for nothing?
Are there any plans for trying to bring back old subscribers?
I played the game for a while and loved it but became disillusioned when progress scrolls came started being sold.
So what is, if anything, being done to target and appeal to ex-subscribers?
I will not return to Warhammer Online. Despite I had my most fun time in New Dawn on Karak-Azgal around 2008-09.
Warhammer Online is a good game I won't deny that! It lacks the alternative fun of playing, beacuse in the years of my playing you always got the sense of that "this is a race, I must defeat more and become better" - I sort of hated that even if I loved the game, not beacuse of the games rules but beacuse it was Warhammer in general.
I became really fed up with the official forums. It was either trolls or advanced players with really bad ideas. Thats why I never expressed myself in the forums beacuse I always feel I was unheard or unseen. There was never a response of my submit to anything either.
I have a alternative option for the trial thing. It's not a bad idea and I think it could work these days.
How about make trial players able to access the T2 zone?
The only class in my opinion that was extremely unique, sensetive and horror looking was the Magus. Sure, it has some moving difficulties and problems when encounting close-combat classes. Very few knew how to master it. I was not one of them but I loved Magus.
I would return to the game if you added the possiblity of Warp (short distance traveling - 30 meter) and Screamers that moves above the ground (2 meters) and dives when attacking. Is these abilities really unrealistic to make? If not, why not consider it?
I guess EA is just keeping this game around to squash belifs that EA shuts down unprofittable games. This game can't be profittable - if it is they need to keep it open for 10 more years to break even.
I played this game when it came out and it was riddled with bugs, thanks to an EA early release. Mythic / EA same thing, EA owns Mythic.
I really couldn't see going back to this atrosity even if it was freemium, seeing as how EA wan't to capitalize on microtransactions these days (their statement not mine).
So my question is, will WAR be revamped anytime soon to reflect a once great franchise, and be up to date with modern MMORPG's?
As a saving grace, the engine was light-years above SWTOR.
Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcpRecognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.
Hi and thanks you to give us the opportunity to participate.
The questions above are not all mine : we have grouped the questions of our guild member and we have tried to translate them. I hope they will be understandable !
- What is your policy against cheaters ? Teletranspot, speed hack and so on ? It's ruining the server life, and report don't seem really effective. Maybe a RR loss would be a more effective deterrent ?- You only works on new aspects of the game, or also on old bugs (branches that can kill you , lagging when a runepriest buff, mobs that you can't loot when you're alone...) ?- Could you please review the position of the warcamps cannons ? Some of them shoot way too far, when others have no angle of fire.- On our server, they are many Cities each day. Most of them are empty of ennemy, or become empty of ally when there is some fighting (!). This part of the game is quite boring, will it be reviewed / improved ?- Many communities have been automatically grouped on the same server, and communication become more difficult for players who do not speak English. As other languages are unwelcome on general cc, would it be possible to add a CC in each of the languages of the merged servers ?- There is a persistant rumour about the renown rank being up to 110 ; What the true about it ?About classes :- Our KBS want to know when her class will be inproved.- Ours Runpriests think that shaman, DoK and WP should be nerfed, or that runepriest should be given a fast group heal too.
Our last message for the dev team : Thank you for WAR and "Bon courage" !
Can you please ask Keaven if he has a plan of adding a Roulette in game.
It could be a really good idea of spending Gold and War Crest in game, especially now, as everybody has a lot of both but don’t know what to do with it.
People could spend tons of War Crests/Gold trying to win Dyes, Weapon, Armor, Talismans, Tokiens, Potions, Pets and more more different items.
Thanks for all the great questions so far! Make sure to tell your friends to come add their's as well.
Originally posted by fernetek Is there any chance of making the massive PvP grind required to be competitive lighter?
Originally posted by MaxJac An issue that has kept me from remaining a long term subscriber is the renown rank gap. ... What changes have happened and/or are happening in WAR to debrutalize the climb?
They changed bolster in Tier 4 zones to be up to career rank 45, this increases your gear and stats in a way similar to the higher renown ranks.
High renown characters receive less bolsters, and the change has made fights a lot more competitive.
Originally posted by Bakkoda24 Are there any plans for trying to bring back old subscribers?
For the most part, communication. The devs really want the ability to be able to email blast previous subscribers and tell them about recent changes.
Originally posted by Easterlake I would return to the game if you added the possiblity of Warp (short distance traveling - 30 meter)
The live event series has some items to help increase survivability, part 2 will probably also have something pretty useful as well.