Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance.

124»

Comments

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by evemaster00
    Originally posted by arieste

I bought the game.  It's only $60 to find out for myself.  Plus, can jump back in at any point to shoot stuff.  Not like it's a proper MMORPG that will take me away from anything, just a pretty time-waster tied to what hopefully will be an interesting show.

Nothing to get worked up about really.  I'm expecting something close to an online version of borderlands.

As i already said, if you don't mind wasting the money, go ahead and buy it. But to those who are more careful with their budget, there's a good chance you'll regret your purchase.

I expect Defiance to cost very little if you wait a few months.

All games drop in price after so many months after launch so whats your point??

Also as you have not played defiance to its full therefore you cannot give a full informed opinion of the game. 

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by rawfox
    Originally posted by Fuggly
    Wanna hear something funny OP? mmorpg.com does the same thing, say anything negative about them and you will get a temp ban and your post will be deleted. 

Its the money.

This site actually falls down into the corporation throat and they report what they should instead of what they think.

Guess if you are a game journalist here reporting your stuff in all honest, you'd be fired. We have examples from the past already.

And about Defiance ... im playing Firefall actually, why should i install Defiance ?

Give me a reason please ...

first in response to this post, in the time it has taken defience to go from alpha to beta to people freaking out, firefall has been out in pay for beta for almost a year, and hasnt changed a SINGLE thing in that time frame, or added new content, hell they dont even have mission all you do is run around at random and drill for resources.

dont get me wrong the thing has potential but i lost intrest after they sat on it with no missions after a year., at least defience has a story to it.

to everything else.

honestly we get this kind of thread for every new MMO, game whatever that is comeing out. thier is always someone who rants on about how big brother or the system is out there to screw you over. give it a rest and let people find out for themselves if they like it or not, its not like its gonna cost them to try it, since you know we are in the F2P era, heck people rant and rave that that is the greatness of the F2P era.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    I expect Defiance to cost very little if you wait a few months.

Pretty much every game costs very little after a few months.  I regularly buy past "games of the year" at $9.99.   I've watched the live-streams of the game and have heard from several people who's opinion I can more or less trust and while I may not play the game for long, it definitely looks sounds good enough to fool around with. 

Worst case scenario is it'll serve as a nice prologue to the show.  Anyhow, open beta is this weekend, so we can fully expect lots and lots of opinions on the game.

Considering just how much outright trashing there was on this forum of titles like GW2 and TOR, I seriously doubt that they're outright deleting negative threads that don't violate the NDA.   Of course, while the game is actually under NDA, chances are that if you make a negative post, it is highly likely that it's either trolling (baseless accusations) or NDA violation (accusations based on info you shouldn't be sharing). 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Nitth

Why do people feel the sense of self entitlement by "whistle blowing" the Pre release content when the truth of it will come out in the end anyway.

Mrs. Grundy really enjoys playing First Whistle in the whistle chorus.

I don't know, if anyone ever really figures out what makes Doom Prophet such an attractive position, let us know. They're an essential part of the pre-release buzz.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

For the 2 people who seem to have misunderstood my post. I am not claiming that Trion is deleting negative posts, it's quite the contrary.

I'm talking about mmorpg.com deleting negative posts about Defiance on mmorpg.com forums. I've made several posts and all were deleted and no they were not NDA breaking.

I just want to re-quote this, because alot of people like jumping on a game hate bandwagon without actually knowing, or completely misunderstanding what the thread was about in the first place.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Why whould you have anything negative to say about defiance.  It's a great game, everything works, and if it's not your cup of tea, then so be it.  It's not for you, that doesn't mean it's a horrible game.  It's not like AoC when it came out, riddled with bugs, and just about nothing worked...I wish people would stop stating opinions as facts.

Edit: I can't count the number of threads I've seen, especially lately, all about I hate such and such game, so noone else buy it, If I dont' like it, noone can possibly like it. If you don't like it, then don't play it, simple as that.

Originally posted by Derros

For the 2 people who seem to have misunderstood my post. I am not claiming that Trion is deleting negative posts, it's quite the contrary.

I'm talking about mmorpg.com deleting negative posts about Defiance on mmorpg.com forums. I've made several posts and all were deleted and no they were not NDA breaking.

I just want to re-quote this, because alot of people like jumping on a game hate bandwagon without actually knowing, or completely misunderstanding what the thread was about in the first place.

funny casue you know if this was all true wouoldnt this post have been deleted by now. . . . . . . . . . . or maybe you broke the NDA in your other posts that where deleted which you know they are required by law to delete, or be held accountable as a accompliss to the breaking of the NDA and failure to delete such post could lead to a lawsuit agisnt them.

maybe you should think about that before makeing rant post. but meh dont worry i have played in all the beta weekends and i alreayd know what the game is like, so keep ranting cause i find it amuseing.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage

Originally posted by Squeak69

funny casue you know if this was all true wouoldnt this post have been deleted by now. . . . . . . . . . . or maybe you broke the NDA in your other posts that where deleted which you know they are required by law to delete, or be held accountable as a accompliss to the breaking of the NDA and failure to delete such post could lead to a lawsuit agisnt them.

maybe you should think about that before makeing rant post. but meh dont worry i have played in all the beta weekends and i alreayd know what the game is like, so keep ranting cause i find it amuseing.

I was directing that more toward the people that automatically assumed that it was Trion that was deleting the negative posts on their forums, which wasnt was the OP was talking about.

I was directing that more toward the people that automatically assumed that it was Trion that was deleting the negative posts on their forums, which wasnt was the OP was talking about.

to be honest that wasnt very clear to me till after i had rea the thread for a bit, since the OP first post was a bit more on the hate side and less on the reasoning side,

and i do understand what your sayiong but i still find this whole thing silly.

to be honest that wasnt very clear to me till after i had rea the thread for a bit, since the OP first post was a bit more on the hate side and less on the reasoning side,

and i do understand what your sayiong but i still find this whole thing silly.

I do agree with you there.  Dont get me wrong I liked what I played last beta, Heck i even pre-ordered the season pass.  Thats my tax return gift to myself since there really isnt anything on the horizon that interests me, barring neverwinter, but I dont need to pay for that initially =D.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

This thread reeks of "QQ I was banned for being a douche". Reading the OPs post I have doubts whether his posts were civil. Also the whole NDA thing...lol. Keys for this game are EVERYWHERE. Pretty much everyone who wants to try the game can do so no problem.

Futhermore if your posts broke the NDA than mmorpg.com had to delete them or else they could be held accountable.

Originally posted by Rzep

This thread reeks of "QQ I was banned for being a douche". Reading the OPs post I have doubts whether his posts were civil. Also the whole NDA thing...lol. Keys for this game are EVERYWHERE. Pretty much everyone who wants to try the game can do so no problem.

Futhermore if your posts broke the NDA than mmorpg.com had to delete them or else they could be held accountable.

very true but it dousnt negate the NDA, otherwise i would be commenting more on the actual issues with the game instead of sounding like a fan boy, cause im actully on the fence depending on how one feature is handled.

dont get me wrong i like the game but its is amazing how a good game can be broken by one thing.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Not only has a site admin responded to you in a forum bashing both defiance and mmorpg, but they let you get away with a violation of the terms of the site.  And yet it is still here.  It must be one of those exceptions that proves the rule?

They only let the person run after i called them out on it. The last seven attempts to make such a post were all deleted. Called them out and they let it ride.

Do you really think that is the reason this thread still exists?  You called them out and broke the ToS of the site and they left it open because you called them out? (discussing moderation decisions is against the tos and should lead to deletion.)  I think this thread in general shows how lax they can be about their own rules.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I think it's also quite ironic that this thread (intended to be negative) has probably brought more attention (and likely customers) to Defiance than anything else on this site, which seems to be largely ignoring the game (it's not even listed under "games in development" on the forum sitebar).

My advice:  if you truly want to keep people away from a game - any game - don't talk about it.   Because any publicity is good publicity, especially on a site like this.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The thread has had its run. Nothing gets deleted or locked on the basis of opinions. If you have comments on a game that are not NDA-breaking, positive or negative, you can make them. For example, the weekend betas seemed to be open, according to Trion, so those are different than talking about closed testing.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.