Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new Wireless Mouse!!! Any suggestions?

drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Hey guys! Soooooooo as the titel says I need a wireless mouse!

I currently have a Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse. It is actually a greta mouse for about 4-6 months. After 4-6 months the left mouse button wigs out! It will double click when trying to single click and when trying to hold down the left mouse button and drag it will just do stupid stuff.

I am a graphic designer/web designer during the day and a gamer at night! So I have to ge tme a new mouse because this left button is driving my crazy!

The worst part is this is my second Performance MX bought in 8 months. Logitech customer support is horrible. I just want to part with this company.

So, I am lookign for a good wireless mouse. I game and work on my laptop. I take my laptop and mouse to work and on the road when I travel with work. This is why I want wireless.

I am currently lookign at the Razer Orochi. I hear all this great stuff about Razer mice. The other 2 wireless mice razer produce have this stupid docking charging station so that is a no go for me. 

Anyone else have any experience with other wireless mice? Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate and suggestions and advice guys! I appreciate it! THANKS!!!!

Love you!

^ HaHa o_O

Comments

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Unfortunately, I don't have a recommendation for a wireless mouse, but I can highly recommend Razer. I just bought a Razer Naga, and though I wish it was just a little bigger; it has been a terrific enhancement to gaming and my development environment.
  • slashenslashen Member Posts: 13
    Check out the cyborg RAT 9 .I use the seven and it blows razer away. Unbeleivably adjustable too. Can be made higher wider longer and so on . You really should check it out.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

Is there some reason why you want a wireless mouse as opposed to a wired one?  The wire is what makes it work reliably, and wireless technology is intrinsically unreliable.

You said that the reason is because you take your laptop and mouse to work and on the road.  That's a reason to want a laptop as opposed to a desktop.  It's not a reason to want a wireless mouse as opposed to a wired one.  Wired mice are highly portable, too.  If the cord is too long for your taste, you can use a twist tie to keep it mostly tied up and effectively much shorter.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

graphic designer and gamer, then you want a wired mouse period heh sorry.

Wireless is just unreliable and problematic, with a wireless you will just end up getting pains if you use it many hours a day for precise work such as graphic design and gaming.

That said, you need one that fits your hand, and finding a shop where you can touch quality mice is not an easy task.

I loved my Roccat Kone, it is big but fits my hand well and the quality was recognizably better than anything else I have tried.

I now use a Logitech G500 which is really too small and flattens out too much on the right side for my taste, but for some it will fit.. one thing to note is the scrollwheel is very loose and has no brakes (it will keep spinning for a long time).

That Razer with the metal (forgot its name) look also felt good, although I have only tried it at a friends place.

If you use your mouse many hours a day, quality really matters.

• neveserneveser Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by kjempff

I now use a Logitech G500 which is really too small and flattens out too much on the right side for my taste, but for some it will fit.. one thing to note is the scrollwheel is very loose and has no brakes (it will keep spinning for a long time).

G500 has "brakes". There's a button right by the scroll wheel that will activate the "brakes".

• jex2013jex2013 Member Posts: 1
    For me, logitech provides the best and the highest quality for wireless mouse. And the top wirelessmouse that i can recommend is Logitech M305 Wireless Mouse. Very light and handy. I hope it helps.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If it's only 4-6 months old why not just warrenty it ? Call logitech and give them the code on the bottom of your mouse and they'll send you a new one.

I would never recomend a wireless mouse because they all seem to be POS but then so are wired mice I guess.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Logitech Anywhere mouse is very good, very precise on every surface.

The new Steelseries WoW mouse should be good if you need extra buttons.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by DamonVile

If it's only 4-6 months old why not just warrenty it ? Call logitech and give them the code on the bottom of your mouse and they'll send you a new one.

I would never recomend a wireless mouse because they all seem to be POS but then so are wired mice I guess.

I did that and got a replacement mouse. They sent a replacement and 3-4 months later I was getting the left click issue again. When I called back to get it replaced the customer service guy told me the warranty does not cover a "replacement" mouse. Really pissed me off.

I like wireless because I often use my laptop on the plane and while on a long train ride. So the cord just seems to be a hassle. I never tried a ziptie though haha....maybe I should try that.

I just like having a wireless mouse I guess. I am really leaning toward the Razer Orochi because it has both wired and wireless capabilities! Only thing I may not liek is it seems a little small. When I am designing I palm my mouse but when gaming I am a claw type guy. Hmmmmmmm.

Oh yea and I have a question for SLASHEN. Is the RAT 9 wireless? and if so how is the battery life? 

You guys are making me want to look into wired now haha. I appreciate all the responses!

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by drtack1
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I did that and got a replacement mouse. They sent a replacement and 3-4 months later I was getting the left click issue again. When I called back to get it replaced the customer service guy told me the warranty does not cover a "replacement" mouse. Really pissed me off.

I like wireless because I often use my laptop on the plane and while on a long train ride. So the cord just seems to be a hassle. I never tried a ziptie though haha....maybe I should try that.

I just like having a wireless mouse I guess. I am really leaning toward the Razer Orochi because it has both wired and wireless capabilities! Only thing I may not liek is it seems a little small. When I am designing I palm my mouse but when gaming I am a claw type guy. Hmmmmmmm.

Oh yea and I have a question for SLASHEN. Is the RAT 9 wireless? and if so how is the battery life? 

You guys are making me want to look into wired now haha. I appreciate all the responses!

do it wired is better in all aspects, wireless honestly has very little benifit to it and much hassle, plus they tend to break.

personly i recommend the G600, but its not for everyone as the third button under the ring finger causes some dicomfert, but it has the largest range of buttons on a MMO mouse i have seen yet and unlik the razer naga its easy to tell which button is which by fill alone.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    If you're looking into wired mices, take a look at the Mionix 8200 (or the 5000). Best mouse I've ever used (not the Razer crap). If you're looking for Wireless.. can't help! Sorry!
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

I have a microsoft sidewinder 2000 gaming mouse (wired) as i am also not a fan of wireless keyboards/mice.

I would NOT get another one of these mice as i have had problems with it and am on the 3rd one (all having the same problem start up) as in move the mouse left and right and it would move diagnally, mnove it up and down and it would hardly move at at all, and trying to slowly move the mouse would actually freak it out. Also the mouse buttons tend to double (or sometimes treble) click with 1 press and the scroll wheel is slack.

The thing i did like is the DPI adjustment and weight adjustment, it is also a fairly big mouse, not a small thing (those feel really weird to me now) after using this one with its size.

I may look into other gaming mice but i do have a price limit set and £60+ is not it, not for a mouse anyways.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Manestream

I have a microsoft sidewinder 2000 gaming mouse (wired) as i am also not a fan of wireless keyboards/mice.

I would NOT get another one of these mice as i have had problems with it and am on the 3rd one (all having the same problem start up) as in move the mouse left and right and it would move diagnally, mnove it up and down and it would hardly move at at all, and trying to slowly move the mouse would actually freak it out. Also the mouse buttons tend to double (or sometimes treble) click with 1 press and the scroll wheel is slack.

The thing i did like is the DPI adjustment and weight adjustment, it is also a fairly big mouse, not a small thing (those feel really weird to me now) after using this one with its size.

I may look into other gaming mice but i do have a price limit set and £60+ is not it, not for a mouse anyways.

i suggest the cyber rat then as it has alot of the good of that mouse and none of the crap, if thats the style you like.

i also have used one of those and to be frank hated the damn thing.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Every Microsoft mouse I had died on me.  Either the laser went out or the circuitry went bad.

I use a Logitech G510.  I find it comfortable for gaming.  The scroll wheel seems to be fine after a year of use.  I like being able to program the side buttons as well.  On top of that, it came with a Wave keyboard which I also find to be comfortable for typing papers for school.  Both the keyboard and mouse use the same wireless receiver.  Look for Logitech's "Unifying" receiver compatible peripherals if you want something similar.

I couldn't even begin to guess what kind of mouse is best for 3d modeling or CAD work.  I might suggest a trackball mouse for the precision.

Edit:  A lot of people are saying wireless is unreliable.  I don't believe them.  I have not had problems with interference or the mouse just acting up.  In addition, the battery life on the M510 I'm using is amazing.  After a year on the two AA batteries that came with the mouse, it shows 25% battery left.  I'll wait for the batteries to die, but I have a spare set on hand for that moment.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Is there some reason why you want a wireless mouse as opposed to a wired one?  The wire is what makes it work reliably, and wireless technology is intrinsically unreliable.

You said that the reason is because you take your laptop and mouse to work and on the road.  That's a reason to want a laptop as opposed to a desktop.  It's not a reason to want a wireless mouse as opposed to a wired one.  Wired mice are highly portable, too.  If the cord is too long for your taste, you can use a twist tie to keep it mostly tied up and effectively much shorter.

+1 to Quizzical, again

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'm currently using a razer naga and have no complaints about it.  It's wired though...as any gaming mouse should be.  Wired mice are much more reliable, generally can do more (higher dpi and what nots).  The Razer Naga I have is highly customizable and rugged, which is why I'll probably never buy another mouse other than Razer.  I've had my mouse fall out of my truck onto concrete and it didn't even scratch it (literally).  I had a logitech MX510 before this one, and it fell out of my truck and busted at the seams.  I don't really like wireless, but Razer has come out with the Razer Naga Epic.  It's just like the other naga's but with wireless option.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Originally posted by syntax42

Edit:  A lot of people are saying wireless is unreliable.  I don't believe them.  I have not had problems with interference or the mouse just acting up.  In addition, the battery life on the M510 I'm using is amazing.  After a year on the two AA batteries that came with the mouse, it shows 25% battery left.  I'll wait for the batteries to die, but I have a spare set on hand for that moment.

There are a number of problems to which wireless mice are prone but wired mice are simply immune, from interference with the signal to batteries dying to losing one of the 2-3 components that you need to make the mouse work to delaying a response due to entering a power-saving mode at an inopportune time.  While all of the problems are fixable in controlled laboratory conditions, that doesn't necessarily describe the real world.  In controlled laboratory conditions, your "up to 50 Mbps" or whatever it is Internet connection really could go at the rated speed all day, every day.

As I see it, a mouse that works right 99% of the time isn't at all similar to one that works right 100% of the time.  Even 99.9% isn't all that close to 100% of the time.  The latter is pretty easy to do with even a cheap wired laser mouse.  With wireless, not so much.

It's really just a question of how much worse a wireless mouse is than a wired one.  And then wireless adds to the price tag on top of that.

I personally use a wired mouse that I bought for about $15 or so nearly four years ago.  In that time, it has only acted up once, even though I used it very heavily.  That one time, I opened it up to see if I could find a problem, couldn't, closed it, and then it mysteriously started working again.  I've used it enough that most of the paint has worn off, but it still works perfectly.

• GrubbsGradyGrubbsGrady Member UncommonPosts: 371
    The Razer Naga Epic is a great mouse, I had my original Naga for over a year and decided I wanted wireless so I was given the Epic as a gift. You can use it wired or wirelessly, and the extra buttons on the mouse help with a number of things from gaming to creating shortcuts in other programs.
  • featherbeansfeatherbeans Member UncommonPosts: 4

If you have a rodent, a cat or a dog that likes to eat the wires around your house just go wireless. It would be the only reason, for me, to get a wireless mouse. But i do not have any rodent problem :D so probably i would recomend any of the mice i have been using the last 3 years: Razer mice from the NAGA range.

But Buyer Beware: curiously or not, on the previous couple of Nagas that died right on my hands i had a left clickbutton problem. The more i used the mouse left click the less reliable the left button would be, until it reached a point where i was hammering and punching the left button for it to work, which is not the way it is supposed to work. The same happened to the middle button/mouse wheel on my previous Nagas. I clicked it once and it never got up again after some months of use. I am a gamer and none of the people i play with had a problem like that with a roccat or a steel series or even a logitech. Razer nagas tend to be a little bit fragile and slightly less durable due to reliability. BAsed on my 3rd Naga mouse experience.

My 3rd naga mouse is surprising me tho. I acquired a Razer Naga EXPERT mmo gaming mouse  which is in everything similar to the previous Nagas i owned, but it comes with 3 types of interchangeable grip panels so the user can feel which one is more confortable.

Said that: it's a wired mouse and i do really start noticing a minimal, micronesimal increasing gap between the pressure applied to the left mouse button and the actual click - something that not happens to the right click button which is used way less times. 

So i fear that in 6 months i will be buying another mouse. If that happens i would probably look for a more robust build mouse like a ROCAT or a steelseries tbh. Nagas are good all around, but if you don't have the hand and the silky smooth touch of any given princess and, adding to that, If you DO have that 10 years Vet. major league marble play index finger spurts now and then, then it is assured that the naga will be blown away from the palm of your hand like sand on a wind storm insome given day.

Feather out

------------------------------

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I currently have a Razer Mamba, which was their first Wired/Wireless mouse.

When I got it, I had a Best Buy gift card to burn, and thought "What the hell" - to try it out with my HTPC.

I had tried a Razer before, and it didn't last very long at all - 6 months and the scroll wheel went out, warrantied that one and the next one lasted a couple of months before a mouse button went out. So I was skeptical.

This one has lasted about 16 months so far, and now the RMB is starting to get sketchy. It works well enough wireless, but does not have a replaceable battery, so once it's dead, it's dead and you have to plug it in to use it - unlike most travel mice which use AA's or some such and you can just pop a couple fresh ones in. I use it exclusively wired now on my main PC - it fits my hand well (very similar in shape/size the the Logitech G5) - I don't like the rubber on the sides as it tends to get slippery after a while. Given the cost, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one (I think I paid $30 out of pocket, since i had a $100 gift card to burn), but if you got one cheap it's not utterly horrible. I don't know how it compares to the new mouse, but sounds similar.

I do no use Razer drivers/Synapse/whatever - so it's all under default settings. The Razer driver is very ... intrusive, and I've had some issues with it in the original version; I'm sure it's improved since then, but it seems I always seem to find some compatibility issue somewhere whenever I use manufacturer's drivers for Keyboard/Mice, and end up having to uninstall them.

My favorite mouse of all time so far has been the Logitech G5 - but it is corded and no longer in production. My G5 lasted 3+ years.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    I use a logitech G600. It's a monster, but my gorilla hands fit it quite well and i have enough buttons and button combo's to almost play games one handed if the urge so hits. For just about all of my pc games, i only use WASD for movement, and everything else is on the mouse. Has been amazing thus far.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Fatality001133Fatality001133 Member Posts: 10
    I use Razer Mamba Gaming Mouse, Superb Battery Life! plus amazing design. This is the best choice for gamers and oh.. forgot to mention multi color LED hehehe.

• slashenslashen Member Posts: 13
    Sorry for the delayed response. yes the RAT 9 is wireless. It comes with 2 batteries that are charged by usb and super fast to switch. Check the RAT out on the web. It is very expensive but worth every penny in quality and performance.I have owned just about every other gaming mouse on the market and this thing has no rival. You can even adjust the weight. Most of the mouse is metal and hardened plastic with different adjustments on the whole mouse. its an awesome mouse .
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Is there some reason why you want a wireless mouse as opposed to a wired one?  The wire is what makes it work reliably, and wireless technology is intrinsically unreliable.You said that the reason is because you take your laptop and mouse to work and on the road.  That's a reason to want a laptop as opposed to a desktop.  It's not a reason to want a wireless mouse as opposed to a wired one.  Wired mice are highly portable, too.  If the cord is too long for your taste, you can use a twist tie to keep it mostly tied up and effectively much shorter.

QFE. Wireless = garbage.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

QFE. Wireless = garbage.

That's a bit of an overstatement.  A quality wireless mouse may have slight nuances which make it slightly inferior to a wired mouse of the same model.  It just depends on what you buy.

As I said, my Logitech M510 has not caused me any issues for gaming or regular use that others claim plague wireles mice.  Sleep mode is barely noticeable.  I have had no interference issues or any kind of lack of responsiveness.  The durability is great and the battery life is amazing.  I think people are either buying cheap wireless mice or putting their receivers too far from the mouse.