Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of WarPlanes: Get Your Warplanes Beta Key Now!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com is very excited to announce that we have been given 15,000 beta test keys for World of Warplanes! This is the exciting follow up to the hugely successful World of Tanks tank combat MMO - now you can take to the skies for head to head dog fighting action! Get your beta key now while supplies last!

GET YOUR BETA KEY AT THIS LINK NOW!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• iljiniljin Member Posts: 1
    I can't wait to play World of Warplanes!
  • wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Yes, try World of Warplanes... and then try War Thunder (open beta).

I will refrain myself from commenting, best if you try both.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    LOL! Download speeds are little sloooow right now.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by wizyy

Yeah I'm a fan of world of tanks but..... yeah :/ They need to do something.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Looks cool. I wish it had cockpit view, though. Does it?
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by wizyy

yup..

Sadly wargaming have lsot out to war thunder here..

Tho im really looking forward to World of battleships..

• RuppichRuppich Member UncommonPosts: 29

Dont know why they still develop this.

There is warthunder and its EXACTLY like WOWP...

with a ton of more feature .... Heavy Bombers anyone?

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    I've never played War Thunder, but I have no put a few hours into this game. I'm actually having a pretty good time. However, I wouldn't call it a combat "flight sim". It's arcade gameplay all the way.
  • like47aklike47ak Member Posts: 1

WHERE IS THE EFFING LINK TO THE PROMISED WORLD OF WARPLANES KEY??????

IF YOU THINK I WOULD START USING YOUR SITE, AFTER YOU FOOLED ME INTO REGISTERING ON A FALSE ADVERTISING, THINK AGAIN....

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

I'm a huge fan of World of Tanks.  I've been playing it and subbing for it since the day it released.

I received a WoWP beta key a few weeks ago and jumped into it expecting to have a lot of fun and tbqh, I was severely disappointed.

1)  The controls are extremely wonky.  It's hugely arcadey feeling.  Nothing even close to a flight sim, but since arcade is what they're going for, I can't fault them for this.  It just feels weird to me since I've dont a lot of sim flying.

2)  The flight characteristics are ridiculously non-realistic.  The flight ceiling for pretty much every plane in the game is around 20K feet.  There's no speed controls, so your plane flies "flat out" all the time unless you hit the air brakes and risk stalling or or push the "boost" button to fly slightly faster for a few seconds until your engines overheat.  None of the planes in the game come anywhere near their actual speeds.

3)  Maps are boring, but then again, not much you can put in the sky to effect an airplane except weather, and only one map even has cloud cover to fly into.

4)  Maneuverability is all that matters.  Forget speed.  Forget guns.  Forget armor.  If you can out turn your opponent, then you will win unless you're terrible.  Japanese planes, for instance, can out turn pretty much anything in the game.  So even though it has paper thin armor and terrible guns, it won't be getting shot at because it can out turn it's target all day long.

Overall the experience was very weak for me.  WoT is a much better game, and I can't see playing WoWP at all... even with more polish.  Every match degenerates quickly into flying in circles trying to get your guns on someone and whichever one of you can turn faster wins.  Not much skill in that really.