Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance.

Comments

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Agrias34

The game does suck. 

OP, depends on how intense your post was on their forums.  Giving constructive feedback I can understand, but just hating on the game and posting at how bad it is should get deleted.  That's why you gotta come here to post those hatred posts :) 

I agree though, the game is just Borderlands the MMO but worse and without any fun.

lol maybe for you but not all of us. I love the game and not sure what all you QQ babys are crying about. Its a nice change for once. Its not the wow clone that every one loves so much but I guess if they made it like wow you would all love it and be happy sitting in the same stagnant world as always. 

Oh and its not just borderlands the mmo. It has two things that are like boarderlands and thats it. 

Well its not for everyone but its for me and many others. 

Can't wait for april 2 to finally be in a world and not a stagnant zone.

Pretty sure I've never said it was a WoW clone, haven't seen anyone say that actually. As for being like Borderlands, I wish. If they could actually get the MoB deversity, melee, different story lines and actual classes/roles it would be a much better game.

Defiance is a wonderful vanilla game on rails. Play through, enjoy the story (it really is a cool/funny/good story line) and log off after a month and move on. Good bad or indifferent that is what Defiance is a 30 day game with bunny hopping. Its a neat idea, but many of its core PvE and PvP play styles are straight from the 1990s and that is not a compliment.

PS - That open world is heavily phased/instanced based on the number of people in or around you. Not to mention the number of quests that you MUST do solo. 

Mods - Everything I mentioned is from the streams. I really want to go on and on about the greater game but will refrain until launch.

Originally posted by evemaster00
    Originally posted by Agrias34

The game does suck. 

OP, depends on how intense your post was on their forums.  Giving constructive feedback I can understand, but just hating on the game and posting at how bad it is should get deleted.  That's why you gotta come here to post those hatred posts :) 

I agree though, the game is just Borderlands the MMO but worse and without any fun.

lol maybe for you but not all of us. I love the game and not sure what all you QQ babys are crying about. Its a nice change for once. Its not the wow clone that every one loves so much but I guess if they made it like wow you would all love it and be happy sitting in the same stagnant world as always. 

Oh and its not just borderlands the mmo. It has two things that are like boarderlands and thats it. 

Well its not for everyone but its for me and many others. 

Can't wait for april 2 to finally be in a world and not a stagnant zone.

A world you say? You're joking right? Defiance is just about 1 fairly large zone, there's no world to speak off.

No I'm not joking and your saying that because thats all we can see and its not small by any means. There is a world it just not open all the way yet. Guess what not a single load screen across the land that we can travel so yeah open world and far from a zone. This is just the first part of the world. If you think thats all its going to be then your lost.

The game is "big" in terms of traveling. No argument there. As far as what is "useable and functional" well that part of the game is about a 1/3rd of what you see. As for expansion, I have no doubt that the size will continue to grow. I dont think anyone is arguing size. The arguement is what is new/better/different. I come up empty there. Play the story and be done with it. I wish it were more and it might be 6-9 months after release as Trion is known for constant updates. I'm just ashamed of Trion for their upcoming release of an incomplete game. That is what makes me sad.

Originally posted by DMKano

I've been playing alpha for months have put in over 200 hours played and I am still liking it a lot.

The NDA is coming down within several days from what I heard in alpha, so chill out.

I'm with you man the game is great and A nice change for once. I'm in alpha too just figured I would hold off till launch now.Sick of the wipes lol.

That last sentence makes me wonder if you're in the alpha? no need to lie to make friends bud. (^_^)

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by tkreep

Its an ALPHA build, yes it can be "THAT" bad. An alpha build is like the first stage of a games developement, then comes beta and then gold which is release.  I took classes in gaming and simulations programming in college and I have seen a lot of alpha build for different games.  Its like a painting thats not even half way finished yet people judge it anyway.

If you took classes in gaming and simulations programming in college, enlighten me why they let people test an "Alpha build in the first stage of development thats not even half way finished" 2 weeks prior release?

If you think what people play in this Alpha is actually an Alpha client and not a 90% release client, you may also still believe in the elusive "magic patch" 1 day before release.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Although it is sad the industry protects developers,it allows them to lie to us, yet we are suppose to adhere to their NDA and rules,two wrongs never make a right.

If the NDA does not permit you to speak about game details,then i guess we have to uphold our end of the bargain.

The problem with the poster saying "let us find out for ourselves" is by that time it is too late,you have already given the developer money.

So what is really worse of the two evils,spreading information  that is against the NDA or trying to mislead consumers into buying their product?Unfortunately the law says breaking the NDA is more imoportant,so in essence the consumer has no law to back them up,aside from asking for a refund.

I still beleive in the consumer doing what is right,don't stoop to the low standards developers live by,uphold the law until the time is right.Then when the time is right,let consumers know of anything that is your opinion of course and anything that is fact.

In all reality develoeprs and sites that are paid to advertise already do plenty  to promote a game while almost NEVER telling the bad side of a game.It is obviously an unfair playing field that says yay to the developer and sorry about your luck to the consumer.

The developer ONLY listens when people keep their money...example FFXIV.people need to quit the RUSH to get into every new game.It is becuase this industry is so full of holes,that EVERY consumer should be demanding a free trial before purchasing.

If a developer is AFRAID to let you see what you are buying,then they are not worth supporting.Everywhere else in life,we get to see what we are buying,game developers SHOULD not be treated any different.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by freejackmack

U know it is in beta right?

It releases in 2 weeks.

i agree thats troubling - will know in 2 weeks ;)

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by DJMantiss
     Trion is known for constant updates. 

Trion *was* known for this.  3 months after the layoffs and so far things have changed

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by DMKano

I've been playing alpha for months have put in over 200 hours played and I am still liking it a lot.

The NDA is coming down within several days from what I heard in alpha, so chill out.

And when it does....whoooo boy, the flood gates will open.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I'm not really one to dump all over an MMO that is still in beta but I do have a bad feeling about this one.  Its great that they are trying something different with the fps type combat and the tie in to the TV show, as well as Trion seems to be a pretty competent developer.  However, to quote someone else:

"Game is widely unknown.
    Game is based on an unknown intellectual property.
    Game is tied to an unknown, unreleased TV show.
    Game is still in closed beta, so no one can try it.
    Game is still under NDA, so no one can talk about it.
    Game is 50$/€ upfront.

This is not my job, but I'd really really like to have a word with whoever is in charge of marketing and business here. I mean, if I were Trion CEO and wanted to tank a game just for giggles, the above steps are exactly the ones I'd follow."

You also have to look at the pretty disappointing pre-sale results so far on Steam:

With 2 weeks to go, they have only gotten to 30% of the first pre-sale bonus.  I'd like for this to succeed but its not looking too good at this point.  I'm glad I got a beta key from here so I try it out myself and hopefully be pleasently surprised but I'm not holding my breath nor will I be placing any money down on this before it releases.  Expect the worst but hope for the best.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

If you say anything negative about Defiance, you will receive a temporary ban and your post will be deleted. I've tried several times to warn people about this game but no matter how you put it, you are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance. They don't just lock the threads, they delete them to hide all trace. If you post something positive, NDA breaking or not, they will not remove your post.

If you're very new to mmos or primarily a shooter player, you "might" find it ok. But if you're into mmos and sick of the current garbage, you'll most likely find yourself bored of Defiance in about 3 days.

The NDA still has not been lifted, they are keeping it up for as long as possible because they don't want people speaking out about the game, why else keep the NDA up for so long? If the game was good, they'd let people speak.

The alpha NDA will never be lifted, they never want alpha testers to speak their mind about the game. Have a moment to think about why that is.

The only way i'd recommend this game to anyone is if you truly don't mind wasting your money.

Huh, go figure.  This is still here and hasn't been deleted.  Did you get a temp ban for it too?  Or did they just drop the ball?  Maybe you should try to word things differently?  Games that have put much more toward advertising by bigger companies get bashed all the time around here.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

For the 2 people who seem to have misunderstood my post. I am not claiming that Trion is deleting negative posts, it's quite the contrary.

I'm talking about mmorpg.com deleting negative posts about Defiance on mmorpg.com forums. I've made several posts and all were deleted and no they were not NDA breaking.

Not only has a site admin responded to you in a forum bashing both defiance and mmorpg, but they let you get away with a violation of the terms of the site.  And yet it is still here.  It must be one of those exceptions that proves the rule?

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    I'd be willing to bet anything you are consistently breaking NDA, because I've said both good and bad things about it and nobody cares as long as you're discrete
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Volgore

Its an ALPHA build, yes it can be "THAT" bad. An alpha build is like the first stage of a games developement, then comes beta and then gold which is release.  I took classes in gaming and simulations programming in college and I have seen a lot of alpha build for different games.  Its like a painting thats not even half way finished yet people judge it anyway.

If you took classes in gaming and simulations programming in college, enlighten me why they let people test an "Alpha build in the first stage of development thats not even half way finished" 2 weeks prior release?

If you think what people play in this Alpha is actually an Alpha client and not a 90% release client, you may also still believe in the elusive "magic patch" 1 day before release.

Ask trion every developer does their testing different, i was just stating what a alpha build is and not to judge the full game when it is released by it. Im not saying there will be a magic patch because there prolly wont be but for a alpha build it looks pretty good compared to most mmos that let you play in a beta build.  And the players that got the chance to play in the alpha build are all just in the starter areas of the game because every player video i see on youtube they are all in the starter areas.  When the game is released you wont get a patch but the full game which is prolly going to look a lot better than the alpha build they are letting players play.  What im pretty much saying is that they prolly already have the final build of the game ready to deploy but only showing the players a alpha build which will not be patched or updated or anything like that but only used as a way for player feed back on the game to maybe make some touch ups on the final build before they release it. The alpha build is prolly the only reason they gave us a short beta weekend to play because its not the full game.  Also on top of that big game companys like microsoft and sony has a policy of making sure the game releases on their consoles are up to their level of standards when it comes to quality especially for console releases. 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Ask trion every developer does their testing different, i was just stating what a alpha build is and not to judge the full game when it is released by it. Im not saying there will be a magic patch because there prolly wont be but for a alpha build it looks pretty good compared to most mmos that let you play in a beta build.  And the players that got the chance to play in the alpha build are all just in the starter areas of the game because every player video i see on youtube they are all in the starter areas.  When the game is released you wont get a patch but the full game which is prolly going to look a lot better than the alpha build they are letting players play.  What im pretty much saying is that they prolly already have the final build of the game ready to deploy but only showing the players a alpha build which will not be patched or updated or anything like that but only used as a way for player feed back on the game to maybe make some touch ups on the final build before they release it. The alpha build is prolly the only reason they gave us a short beta weekend to play because its not the full game.  Also on top of that big game companys like microsoft and sony has a policy of making sure the game releases on their consoles are up to their level of standards when it comes to quality especially for console releases. 

Although i don't necessarily agree in this context, i do get your point.

Also, thank you for taking your time to write down a reasonable reply.

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

For the 2 people who seem to have misunderstood my post. I am not claiming that Trion is deleting negative posts, it's quite the contrary.

I'm talking about mmorpg.com deleting negative posts about Defiance on mmorpg.com forums. I've made several posts and all were deleted and no they were not NDA breaking.

Not only has a site admin responded to you in a forum bashing both defiance and mmorpg, but they let you get away with a violation of the terms of the site.  And yet it is still here.  It must be one of those exceptions that proves the rule?

They only let the person run after i called them out on it. The last seven attempts to make such a post were all deleted. Called them out and they let it ride.

Wrong, it has been confirmed by Trion that the alpha build is the full game that we will get on release. It will take players about 20 hours to complete the story and be done with the progression side of things.  If you like progression and item hunting, you're going to feel very let down by Defiance. I've played mods on Quake 2 with deeper rpg elements and character customisation.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Looking back at the forum history of this title I am going to have to agree with the OP. It seems MMORPG.com has really gone out of their way to either delete negative threads or lock them with no further comment.

I guess the sticky post at the top about the NDA was pretty much meant to stifle all discussion because I saw threads locked that did not appear to violate the NDA in any way, all locked with no comment.

Seriously disappointing to me as a long time poster, my apologies to the OP for doubting. Will be taking this up further with MikeB.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Wanna hear something funny OP? mmorpg.com does the same thing, say anything negative about them and you will get a temp ban and your post will be deleted. 

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Every single new game, same thread.

Mah Phreedums!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Fuggly
    Wanna hear something funny OP? mmorpg.com does the same thing, say anything negative about them and you will get a temp ban and your post will be deleted. 

Its the money.

This site actually falls down into the corporation throat and they report what they should instead of what they think.

Guess if you are a game journalist here reporting your stuff in all honest, you'd be fired. We have examples from the past already.

And about Defiance ... im playing Firefall actually, why should i install Defiance ?

Give me a reason please ...

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by rawfox

And about Defiance ... im playing Firefall actually, why should i install Defiance ?

Give me a reason please ...

You might find the same as I did having been in both the Firefall closed beta and Defiance alpha. I stopped playing Firefall but pre-ordered Defiance.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

What is so hard about keeping your contract and test without breaking an NDA.

Why do people feel the sense of self entitlement by "whistle blowing" the Pre release content when the truth of it will come out in the end anyway.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Oh boo freaking hoo. I see this claim on just about ANY first party game forums. Truth of the matter is, if your remarks are deemed slanderous and outright disrespectful you will either be banned or have your thread locked/deleted.

If I was on their shoes I'd be doing the same. I'm open for criticisms and constructive discussions, but I'm not just gonna let everything pass by like I have no respect for myself or my hard work.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I bought the game.  It's only $60 to find out for myself.  Plus, can jump back in at any point to shoot stuff.  Not like it's a proper MMORPG that will take me away from anything, just a pretty time-waster tied to what hopefully will be an interesting show.

Nothing to get worked up about really.  I'm expecting something close to an online version of borderlands.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Originally posted by arieste

I bought the game.  It's only $60 to find out for myself.  Plus, can jump back in at any point to shoot stuff.  Not like it's a proper MMORPG that will take me away from anything, just a pretty time-waster tied to what hopefully will be an interesting show.

Nothing to get worked up about really.  I'm expecting something close to an online version of borderlands.

As i already said, if you don't mind wasting the money, go ahead and buy it. But to those who are more careful with their budget, there's a good chance you'll regret your purchase.

I expect Defiance to cost very little if you wait a few months.

This discussion has been closed.