Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance.

Comments

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

alpha member here

havent even played it more then an hour, its bad

Same. 

End of story.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

I suspect that Defiance is releasing now to give them several months to test and fix various problems before the series starts off on TV.

Game launches April 2nd, TV show starts April 15th.

Game is two weeks from launch, NDA still in full effect. So little hype they can't even give away beta keys at anything more than a mosey. About to enter third PC beta -- mind, beta one was a few hours, and two was just a weekend -- and the first and only console beta -- with the Xbox 'beta' being less than 48 hours on weekdays -- one week before launch.

Yeah... Ummm... Wow, and that's not even the half of it.

Those tea leaves are, sadly, not hard to read.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864
    So, the same as just about every other MMO?
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

alpha member here

Any game would be bad playing it on an alpha build.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    One need only look at the "making of the game" bits which are in the "On Demand" section of my cable service and none of that is covered by any NDA, obviously. As Defiance looks to be the 12343th shooter game better played on a console, I will pass. Even more, the direct tie in to a TV show seems a large negative, and something to drum up interest in what will be an otherwise underwhelming title. And further, there looks to be not much of a "game" there beyond shooting stuff up. Again, console fodder.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by tkreep

alpha member here

It can't be THAT bad, it's Trion you must be exaggerating or hating on twitch gaming.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

I have been in alpha for months (which is not against NDA).

The game is VERY good. Sure if you just play MMO's you may have issues with it, but if you are a hybrid player who plays MMO's, FPS, RPG, Action, Adventures.... ie more then one genre it is a really good game.

It is an FPS game with MMO features...

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by evemaster00

If you say anything negative about Defiance, you will receive a temporary ban and your post will be deleted. I've tried several times to warn people about this game but no matter how you put it, you are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance. They don't just lock the threads, they delete them to hide all trace. If you post something positive, NDA breaking or not, they will not remove your post.

If you're very new to mmos or primarily a shooter player, you "might" find it ok. But if you're into mmos and sick of the current garbage, you'll most likely find yourself bored of Defiance in about 3 days.

The NDA still has not been lifted, they are keeping it up for as long as possible because they don't want people speaking out about the game, why else keep the NDA up for so long? If the game was good, they'd let people speak.

The alpha NDA will never be lifted, they never want alpha testers to speak their mind about the game. Have a moment to think about why that is.

The only way i'd recommend this game to anyone is if you truly don't mind wasting your money.

Haha, so true but I never bother posting on the official Defiance forums.

Anyone who is considering buying Defiance should do a few things:

1. Look at the price and then the "Season" price. Then see if the price is worth it, because the out-of-box price is deceiving you are not getting the full game, the full game releases over the course of a "season."

2. Watch the Trion stream on Fridays. Better yet watch the older ones as well. Notice that they constantly show the same begginer area every single week? There is a reason and due to NDA I can't be specific, but lets say they aren't hiding it for your benefit.

3. Ask very specific questions, as others have done, about the "events" PvP bunny hopping, running everyone over in PvP with vehicles, or actual equipment. They consistently go unanswered and there are once again reasons for this, which a lot of folks will see in a mere 2-weeks.

4. Anyone who claims that "its a beta!" should know that in all of my time playing Defiance, nothing has really changed in months. So while you can hide behind that, the truth is that what you see is exactly what you will get. 

5. Bonus question: Ask the developers how to send a tell to someone... it's hilarious.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Originally posted by Myria
    Originally posted by Arglebargle

I suspect that Defiance is releasing now to give them several months to test and fix various problems before the series starts off on TV.

Game launches April 2nd, TV show starts April 15th.

Game is two weeks from launch, NDA still in full effect. So little hype they can't even give away beta keys at anything more than a mosey. About to enter third PC beta -- mind, beta one was a few hours, and two was just a weekend -- and the first and only console beta -- with the Xbox 'beta' being less than 48 hours on weekdays -- one week before launch.

Yeah... Ummm... Wow, and that's not even the half of it.

Those tea leaves are, sadly, not hard to read.

On the release:  That's what I get for watching old teasers.... Thanks!

Though they really have to release it on time, no matter what shape it may be in.  At this point they should just be working on making it stable, and crossing their fingers.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by FromHell

alpha member here

It can't be THAT bad, it's Trion you must be exaggerating or hating on twitch gaming.

Its an ALPHA build, yes it can be "THAT" bad. An alpha build is like the first stage of a games developement, then comes beta and then gold which is release.  I took classes in gaming and simulations programming in college and I have seen a lot of alpha build for different games.  Its like a painting thats not even half way finished yet people judge it anyway.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

The thing is people who trash the game don't care about the NDA, so its a little one sided.

Take what you hear, the good and bad with a gain of salt until you are able to judge it for yourself.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

alpha member here

The Defiance Alpha build is actually very very close to the beta build (the one the public see)

Not that I find the game awful tho, but I have my grips about it

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

All I will say is they are SERIOUSLY rushing defiance to adhere to Syfy channel' time table.

However it is Trion and they really do have a pretty solid and deserved reputation.

That being said many of their magicians have left Trion and moved on to outer projects, so it is kind hard to call at the moment.

As they game sits now I'd basically call it a SWTOR kinda game, not really an mmo, but not really a single player game. 

Let's just call it a cooperative social RPG, or CSRPG for short.  

As a single player game Defiance is not too bad, but the group dynamic of the game needs to be nearly completely reworked.

Originally posted by Ryowulf

The thing is people who trash the game don't care about the NDA, so its a little one sided.

Take what you hear, the good and bad with a gain of salt until you are able to judge it for yourself.

No, a lot of folks care about the NDA, some like myself would rather warn people about a shoddy game. Its as simple as that, I am beta teting a lot of games and alpha testing a few. This and one other are the only stinkers right now and they are deceiving people with the ads.

What really dissappoints me is that Trion of all companies is doing this! While I don't play Rift anymore, I did and loved the game in alpha, beta and live for over a year. So to see a company like Trion put out something like Defiance in the very near future as something everyone knows is incomplete kills me. What Defiance needs is seriously, no joke, another 4+ months in beta. As is I expect a ton of flaming and lop-sided reviews for anyone who gets past the 20 hour mark.

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by FromHell

alpha member here

Its an ALPHA build, yes it can be "THAT" bad. An alpha build is like the first stage of a games developement, then comes beta and then gold which is release.  I took classes in gaming and simulations programming in college and I have seen a lot of alpha build for different games.  Its like a painting thats not even half way finished yet people judge it anyway.

The Defiance Alpha is the real beta test and what you get on alpha is going to be the released game in 2 weeks.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by ezduzit
    Good because all you guys do is trash talk with the intent to make all games but WoW look bad. It's been seen over and over again. 

You sure you are on the right website?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

When an NDA is in effect and you post feedback based on Alpha/Beta experiences, you act shocked if your posts are deleted?

[mod edit]
  • Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147

The game does suck. 

OP, depends on how intense your post was on their forums.  Giving constructive feedback I can understand, but just hating on the game and posting at how bad it is should get deleted.  That's why you gotta come here to post those hatred posts :) 

I agree though, the game is just Borderlands the MMO but worse and without any fun.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ...so does anyone know if you can have a passange in your vehicle like in APB?  one drive on shoots.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• MrXincostiMrXincosti Member Posts: 4
    I've played the beta and it is fun. Yeah, it's not perfect but then again what game really is? There are some issues that will only be addressed when the game goes live and certainly there will be server issues, but all in all it looks to be a good game. 
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Advertising like crazy, 2 week away and they are STILL under NDA? Something is wrong with this picture.
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    ...so does anyone know if you can have a passange in your vehicle like in APB?  one drive on shoots.

Yes and no.

As you can see from the Stream, the noly vehicle that can currently have a passenger is the Cerberus during very specific PvP actions. Everything else from the trucks, buggies and more are 1 person only and pretty much just a "shell" with movement speed. It is nothing like the vehicle combat you've seen in APB.

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Agrias34

The game does suck. 

OP, depends on how intense your post was on their forums.  Giving constructive feedback I can understand, but just hating on the game and posting at how bad it is should get deleted.  That's why you gotta come here to post those hatred posts :) 

I agree though, the game is just Borderlands the MMO but worse and without any fun.

lol maybe for you but not all of us. I love the game and not sure what all you QQ babys are crying about. Its a nice change for once. Its not the wow clone that every one loves so much but I guess if they made it like wow you would all love it and be happy sitting in the same stagnant world as always. 

Oh and its not just borderlands the mmo. It has two things that are like boarderlands and thats it. 

Well its not for everyone but its for me and many others. 

Can't wait for april 2 to finally be in a world and not a stagnant zone.

A world you say? You're joking right? Why lie to these people? It's like one larger sized zone and that's the whole game. One of the smallest mmos i've ever seen.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by DJMantiss
    Originally posted by TheJoda

Yes and no.

As you can see from the Stream, the noly vehicle that can currently have a passenger is the Cerberus during very specific PvP actions. Everything else from the trucks, buggies and more are 1 person only and pretty much just a "shell" with movement speed. It is nothing like the vehicle combat you've seen in APB.

....well that sucks, APB driving style would be great in this game.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

I'm gonna go ahead and take an educated guess that  it was 'the way it was said' and not that it was 'negative'.

This discussion has been closed.