Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: PAX East Cometh!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

With PAX East fast approaching, we're offering up our picks for things to look forward to at the show in this week's The List.

The lull following New York Comic-Con offers a much needed break from a typically hectic show season. But the machine roars into full-force once again this week with the first major gaming show of the New Year, PAX East. The PAX shows are my favorite shows of the year, as they offer both a chance to see all the hottest upcoming games as well as the opportunity to share all that awesomeness among fellow gamers. It’s a bit of a different tone from the all business atmosphere of GDC or the glitz and excess of E3.

Read more of Michael Bitton's The List: PAX East Cometh!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• MuffloMufflo Member Posts: 30

I wish there were more room for indie-development.

Not sure if I am meaning at PAX, in this list or at all in the world. 

Can there be too much triple-A? Yes, today the market is oversaturated.

I think I've said enough.

The sylvari ordered Rice n chicken in a bar. The waiter asked him: "exploded or intact?" He angrily answered: "Intact of course! Do you take me for a fool?"

Those were his last words.

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788
    MMO related (Class4)...State of Decay (Class3) will be there.
  • joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78
    We will be part of the indie megabooth at PAX East this year showing off a late Alpha build of The Repopulation along with what I think is now 50 or so other developers who are all indies.  Plenty of indie developers at the show, be sure to come check us all out.

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Alright! Bring on the DayZ news

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Blade n soul, Bless,Ein, Asta, and cabal 2 these mmorpgs im looking forward too.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Looking forward to the Repopulation and also what Turbine is going to surprise us with at the Turbine party
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    ESO and Wildstar, you can not launch fast enough.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

Wildstar, ESO.

Are Blade & Soul, and Asta gonna be at PAX?

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Michael Bitton, you wouldnt happen to be recording the future of online gaming panel would you, for posting on youtube? and for that matter the Roles in RPGs panel? It would be really awesome if you could, since the information for the future of online gaming would be quite invaluable! Thanks :)

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by JerYnkFan
    Turbine is going to surprise us with at the Turbine party

maybe that mythical Harry Potter MMO 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !