Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance.

evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

If you say anything negative about Defiance, you will receive a temporary ban and your post will be deleted. I've tried several times to warn people about this game but no matter how you put it, you are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance. They don't just lock the threads, they delete them to hide all trace. If you post something positive, NDA breaking or not, they will not remove your post.

If you're very new to mmos or primarily a shooter player, you "might" find it ok. But if you're into mmos and sick of the current garbage, you'll most likely find yourself bored of Defiance in about 3 days.

The NDA still has not been lifted, they are keeping it up for as long as possible because they don't want people speaking out about the game, why else keep the NDA up for so long? If the game was good, they'd let people speak.

The alpha NDA will never be lifted, they never want alpha testers to speak their mind about the game. Have a moment to think about why that is.

The only way i'd recommend this game to anyone is if you truly don't mind wasting your money.

Comments

• nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Chill man. Let people find out on their own! if its causeing you trouble and getting you banned or posts banned then let it be. 
  • freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

U know it is in beta right?

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by freejackmack

U know it is in beta right?

It releases in 2 weeks.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

If you are posting negative information about the game it should not just be getting deleted.

If you are violating the NDA the mods might be hiding those posts since if we allow them to stay up by extension we are also violating the NDA.

If in the course of playing this game for previews I find negative information about it. I'll share it with you. So will everyone else.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I assume you mean over on the official forums.  Their site, their rules, they get to control the flow of information.  Fortunately there's more neutral sites like this one to share your opinions on. (assuming of course you aren't breaking the NDA)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Defiance is going to change the WORLD.

Defiance id going to save marriages.

Defiance is going to CURE THE BLIND!

wait and see

its coming

are you ready?!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    You said it was in alpha. Kinda a huge difference. But I'm sure you're right. MMOs absolutely suck.
  • ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112
    Good because all you guys do is trash talk with the intent to make all games but WoW look bad. It's been seen over and over again. 
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    You said it was in alpha. Kinda a huge difference. But I'm sure you're right. MMOs absolutely suck.

Yes they strangely are not having a normal beta test, instead they are keeping the alpha running right up until release. Easier to keep the NDA intact forever that way I suppose?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The OP is spot on with his first paragraph.

They delete every negative comment regardless of it breaking the NDA or not. As it is now, you can't even comment an official videoclip if you don't like something about it. 

I can't wait to see these forums BURN in 2 weeks, as all the deleting, warning and temp banning won't help the game then.

Originally posted by evemaster00

Yes they strangely are not having a normal beta test, instead they are keeping the alpha running right up until release. Easier to keep the NDA intact forever that way I suppose?

Who are these "you guys" and why am I being associated with them?

Originally posted by Volgore

They delete every negative comment regardless of it breaking the NDA or not. As it is now, you can't even comment an official videoclip if you don't like something about it. 

I can't wait to see these forums BURN in 2 weeks, as all the deleting, warning and temp banning won't help the game then.

Glad there's someone else who knows what the real situation is. These forums and the Defiance forums will erupt in 2 weeks, that's for sure.

Alpha is for testing, beta is for marketing. Doesn't quite work out to stir up interest in the game, as the remaining 8000 keys in this site's giveaway or the ultra-slow steam pre-orders show.

• milluxmillux Member UncommonPosts: 50

Originally posted by evemaster00 Originally posted by Golelorn You said it was in alpha. Kinda a huge difference. But I'm sure you're right. MMOs absolutely suck.
    Who are these "you guys" and why am I being associated with them?

You kind of come off a bit paranoid responding defensively to your own posts.

... Just an observation - please don't hurt me :P

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by Golelorn You said it was in alpha. Kinda a huge difference. But I'm sure you're right. MMOs absolutely suck.

Good thing they are not giving away 10,000+ keys for people next week then...oh wait....

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

I suspect that Defiance is releasing now to give them several months to test and fix various problems before the series starts off on TV.  I suspect they will see a second spike in sales then, quite probably from folks who haven't played that many online games on PC.  And they also have the console market stuff, but I have no idea how it will compare to games available there.

It's not like they can put it off much longer;  the show's going out on schedule, whether the game is ready or not.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• kamienkamien Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Thanks for the info, really.
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by Volgore

Glad there's someone else who knows what the real situation is. These forums and the Defiance forums will erupt in 2 weeks, that's for sure.

I have made more than a few post's that contain negative comments about the game in the Alpha forums (beta forums too), and none of them have been deleted, same with all the other posts that can be classed as negative in the same forums.

It might have something to do with the post's being constructive, as well as negative, which the posts you are referring to probably were not.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Originally posted by kamien
    Thanks for the info, really.

Grats to your 2nd post since 04 ;)

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I think people who purchase the game thinking they are getting a AAA MMO for a one time box price are going to be a bit sad come launch.  I think people who have done their homework, researched the game and are ok with the price after the research are going to be ok with the purchase.

I played the alpha, I know what the game has and doesnt have.  For me it is a great "jump into for 30 minutes of fun" kind of game or "I just watched the show and what to jump into that world for a bit longer" kind of thing.  It wont be my main game and I dont expect it to be.  I wont be one of the people freaking out come launch.  I'm also a bit older now and have been burned by too many MMO's to not do my research before spending my money.  I dont pre-order games unless I get in the beta and check them out first.  Otherwise, I wait for the launch and to see what other players have to say.

As for Trion deleting negative posts, it is their forum and they are trying to sell a product.  I dont know which business school the OP went to but I dont know any that teach you to leave negative customer feedback about your product on your own site.  I would guess that Trion would be ok with a well-worded post identifying negative issues and suggesting possible fixes.  If the OP would tell me something they hated in the game, I would be happy to post about it on the official forums and see what kind of reaction I get.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'm more interested in the show than the game...
  • Toxic2kToxic2k Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by ezduzit
    Good because all you guys do is trash talk with the intent to make all games but WoW look bad. It's been seen over and over again. 

Indeed, wow is way too overrated, that's why I will recommend for you a truly deep mmorpg, its called Scarlet Blade.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Bomtox

Originally posted by ezduzit

Indeed, wow is way too overrated, that's why I will recommend for you a truly deep mmorpg, its called Scarlet Blade.

Dammit!

I laughed so hard I started to choke. Scarlet Blade indeed!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

You are not allowed to say anything negative about Defiance.

Defied by a game named Defiance... who would've thought? lol

For the 2 people who seem to have misunderstood my post. I am not claiming that Trion is deleting negative posts, it's quite the contrary.

I'm talking about mmorpg.com deleting negative posts about Defiance on mmorpg.com forums. I've made several posts and all were deleted and no they were not NDA breaking.

This discussion has been closed.