Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CU will be renamed. Let us throw in some ideas.

Comments

• grimjakkgrimjakk Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Benezetta
    Dark Age: Unchained

I kinda like that one.  My friends and I never called it Camelot, back in the day.  We always called it DAOC or Dark Age.  Of course we were all Middies...

My other suggestion was going to be "Midgard Online"... or not. ;)  

Actually I thought "Legend of Three Kingdoms" would be  nice, but that one would REALLY confuse them in the Asian markets ("Sangoku" stories are usually set in ancient China).

• shadeviceshadevice Member CommonPosts: 68
    Camelot: Make war not love
  • WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159
    War of Three Frontiers

WTF :P

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Wazluk
    War of Three Frontiers

WTF :P

Contest over.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

i admit that for 2 reasons i like Camelot Unchained.

it stills refers to DAoC game, legends and lore that we will find in CU, but also a kind of ....dont know how to say it...but a "rude gesture" to EA as MJ removed in his ball and chain that EA made him wear :P

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95

I would say let's go for an Anagram of 'Camelot Unchained', like:

Heated Councilman

Unaccidental Home

Launched Coinmate

Unlocated Machine 

Methodical Nuance

Or, if you prefer a title with 3 words:

Academic Hotel Nun

Unclothe da Anemic 

Eat Daemonic Lunch

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC

i admit that for 2 reasons i like Camelot Unchained.

it stills refers to DAoC game, legends and lore that we will find in CU, but also a kind of ....dont know how to say it...but a "rude gesture" to EA as MJ removed in his ball and chain that EA made him wear :P

I also like that the name refers to Camelot linking it in spirit to DAOC. I don't like "unchained" but maybe some other word that starts with "u" could be picked (Camelot Unveiled? meh) then we would still refer to the game as CU. Or maybe we're just stuck with Camelot Unchained at this point and it would be confusing to change it unless CSE can think of some awesome new name that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    See you. damn kids and yer acronyms.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    See you. damn kids and yer acronyms.

You've inspired me to come up with Camelot Overcomes All Danger (COAD).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    How about just "Camelot" or "Camelot: Kingdoms at War"
  • EllyaEllya Member Posts: 99

Well, we've heard a little bit more about the game now, and it appears that the three realms will basically be re-colonising the world after the veil had been pierced and  the world has been shattered,  claiming land as they go.

So how about..

Camelot Unclaimed

Shattered Realms

Outpost

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • EllyaEllya Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

So by the words of the very creator - Mark Jacobs, "Working As Intended Online". I think that suits the developer and their history.

Anyone else for WAIO?

Haha! Oh my.. playing a game called  "Working As Intended" would be awesome! :D

• neutroflneutrofl Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by PerfArt
    Shattered Trine (or Trinity)
    Swordcery Online
    RNG of Camelottery (har)
    Lord of the RNGs (bwaha)

I really like that.

It could also be named something like "Reunion". Well... in a bloody and brutal way, but.. Nah, I guess it'll be misunderstood too easy.

I could also imagine a  name that describes brute, unstoppable forces, clashing and fighting a constant war. Sum it up and put it in one word. I can't :D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • DrakonalDrakonal Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by Satarious
    Originally posted by boxsnd

Should it have Camelot in it to attract more ex-DAoC players or should it be more neutral?

The abbrevation should also sound cool. DAoC and CU are fine. "Crusaders of Camelot" would be disastrous.

I can understand why he chose to include the word "Camelot" since it's been so popularized in our culture in movies, etc.  But it just seems so unfair to the other mythologies in the game.  Personally, I'd unchain the word "Camelot" from the title altogether.  I think a title describing what it actually is would be best.  Something like:  

"Lords of Myth & Fantasy"

or

"The Warring Kingdoms of Mythology"

Honestly i'm not trying to be a prick, and i don't think i can stress that point enough but both of those names are horrible, they insist upon themselves too much. Needs to be catchy, to the point, maybe a little bit of swagger.

I don't personally see ap roblem with the word Camelot in the title and frankly we don't really know enough about the direction with the lore Jacobs is going to suggest names like:

Dragon War

Camelot Origin

Origins of Camelot

Midevil Realms

Unchained Camelot

For all we know the name could eventually be Realm Conquest

TRI FORCE ONLINE IMO

-Drak

Drakonal of Lancelot/Kay
    Drakulaz of Mordred
    http://www.riskymilk.com/Kujii/Player_Base.wmv (classic guild video alb no cloth group)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Camelot Falling.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

I believe the best game titles are (relatively) short, to the point, memorable, and distinctive. There are exceptions to any rule, but for the most part I think this is the best way to go.

One of my favourite name progressions went like this: Heroes of Telara -> Rift: Planes of Telara -> Rift

It went from generic and bland, to a bit more imaginative but long, and finally it cut straight to the point: short, powerful, and memorable. Rift is a great name for the game.

Now, a name does not need to be that short, but this progression shows each step getting better.

I still am fairly against "Camelot" in the title, again because it has too much history and also because it is the name of one of the realms. It just seems a bit biased.

I do not have any good suggestions of my own, but something that evokes a mental picture of conflict, epic battles, and long, bloody wars would be what I would aim for.

• RealLifeGobboRealLifeGobbo Member Posts: 218

So many names! I am thinking of something which takes ideas from others.

• Shattered Veil
    • After-Veil
    • Aftermath: Shattered Veil/Fallen Myths

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs

• Comcast8888Comcast8888 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Game of Camelot

Camelot Unleashed

• zekuelzekuel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Battleplate
  • triphextriphex Member UncommonPosts: 9
    They should just call it Scarlet blades of camelot, and have huge boobs.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

The DARK ERA OF CAMELOT!

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372

Why are the different sides actually fighting?  It may be the simple reason why men have fought throughout the ages.  They know their God’s are the correct one and the others are false gods.  So basically it boils down to a battle over Mythos.

So the game may be best named with Mythos in the title like:

• Mythos at War
    • War of the Mythos
    • Mythos

Or anything along that line.

my·thos

n. pl. my·thoi

1. Myth.

2. Mythology.

3. The pattern of basic values and attitudes of a people, characteristically transmitted through myths and the arts.

n., pl. myth•oi (?m?θ ??, ?ma? θ??)

1. the underlying system of beliefs, esp. those dealing with supernatural forces, characteristic of a particular cultural group.

Nanulak

• RealLifeGobboRealLifeGobbo Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by grogstorm
    Why are the different sides actually fighting?  It may be the simple reason why men have fought throughout the ages.  They know their God’s are the correct one and the others are false gods.  So basically it boils down to a battle over Mythos.So the game may be best named with Mythos in the title like: Mythos at War War of the Mythos MythosOr anything along that line. my·thosn. pl. my·thoi1. Myth.2. Mythology.3. The pattern of basic values and attitudes of a people, characteristically transmitted through myths and the arts.n., pl. myth•oi (?m?? ??, ?ma? ???)1. the underlying system of beliefs, esp. those dealing with supernatural forces, characteristic of a particular cultural group.

I have always liked that word a lot too... hmm...

Mythos Online?
    Fallen Mythos?

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs