Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey I resubbed today to try it out - download speed sucks

Come on guys, you get a front page article on MMORPG, I am sure some people are trying to download your game.

But guess what, your patcher speed sucks; it's been 6 hrs and I am only 33% done patching.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

What is the speed and size of file?

If you are getting over 200-250 kb/sec+ then that's not too unreasonable.300-500 would be nicer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Decided to reinstall earlier today.

Set the patcher on, 3308mb download showing.

Walked away to do dished and watch latest Walking Dead.

Well over an hour later, returned to find I had patched 709 out of 3308mb.  At this rate its going to be at least 4-6 hours to download what should have been the work of an hour.

Probably had to cut back on bandwidth to pay for Riccitiello's golden parachute.

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    I'm redownloading right now to give it a try haven't played in a few years now. Doing some MMO hopping to test out some older games recently. See how this one is.
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150

I am at 7826 mb out of 9832 mb patched.

It's been 8 hours now.

I tried to post on the WAR forums but after I created my account, even though I paid for a month, I can't post until 24 hrs later rofl.

It's crap like this that ticks people off. 

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I tried to download some weeks ago and yeah, it sucks

The fact is, at the current moment, they are just waiting for warhammer to die (which is proving to be quite a slow process by now, blame the hardcore fans)

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

It has always been slow, known fact.

It took me an entire night, kicked it off before going to bed when I reinstalled it 2 and half years ago.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Slow upon release, slow a year later, and slow now=) I think its a good comment on the progress Mythic has been making with WAR over all these years.