Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: An Update on Mythic’s WAR

Comments

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    For the F2P commenters, War is F2P up to a certian level with restrictions. IMHO they should get rid of those restrictions and allow the F2P crowd buy the crap in the store like the mount. T1 has decent rvr, and opening it up to more people would increase the revenue flow, heck maybe create more stuff in the store and make the game F2P up to T3. This way people can casually level up and when they feel like it they could join big boy rvr.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

My mind is blown that this game still isn't f2p after all this time.  Even after SWTOR went f2p and got a nice little boost to subs.  I'm thinking they just want to milk as much money as possible before they kill it off.  WOH is the writing on the wall. 

It's a damn shame.  WAR had so much potential but was another rushed out money grab.  The game had way too many bugs and issues.  T1 was the best part of the game. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Topic made me feel slightly nostalgic so I downloaded the Mac OS x client. Does it work on OS X  10.8.3., nope, so I am guessing some of this games features are pretty much abandonware now.
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

If there was a game that should be FTP, it's this one.

They could even keep the sub option with some P2W type perks.

Cash shops work better with PVP consumables in addition to the peacock "fluff".

EA is retarded,

WAR PVP creates its own content to a large extent. SWTOR FTP, how long can a few thousand people keep buying new outfitts for their video Barbie Jedi?

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by RelGn
    The game has to go free to play and ofcourse not like swtor.

this :)

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

MMORPG: It’s been a long time since we last chatted, Keaven.  How go things on WAR? The title seems to have settled in with a dedicated hardcore group of fans.

KEAVEN: Overall, things are going great! I have always personally felt WAR was destined to be for the dedicated hardcore group we have now. I couldn’t be happier that we have such a close, and active, group of players.

What a load of PR drivel right at the beginning, from both sides. I stopped right there.

Of course Keaven "couldn't be happier" that the game has in fact flopped times ago and is long deserted. wrapp it in PR speak and you have a "dedicated close group" of active players.

• Clear8888Clear8888 Member Posts: 8
     EDSO and CU are my only hope, even GW2 failed but not as bad.
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    This update was like... "Its still the same, nothing new" to me.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

people saying the population in warhammer online is good are seriously dillusional and there is no way anyone should take anything they say from now on with a grain of salt. Mythic has completely destroyed warhammer online from even before land of the dead released. I would say this game hasnt EVER received memorable content at all since release. I played warhammer religiously for over two years from release and this game NEVER got better and patches after the first round of layoffs were fluff recycled garbage. There are bugs in war to this day that been in game since day 1. Hell the only reason there isnt culling and lag at fortresses now is because the population is like maybe 5k subscribers left. This guy is spinning bullshit over and over again and Im sorry why do people bother giving him the benefit of the doubt?

They are spending the next 2 to 3 patches on balance changes? come on man seriously they are mirrored classes so that splits half your balance in half you have to worry about right there. Other games do this every single patch a little here and there and actually add in content. Why exactly does war get one or the other in a patch cycle? What is it only you working on war now? OP you should of asked him that. Seriously this game needs to just go and shut down or have its license pulled from game workshop so someone else can pick it up and do it right. These guys do not have any intention at all of actually making this a real game as mentioned in his first post about having a hardcore dedicated fanbase. What a load of BS .

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Finally a WAR coverage.

Much respect to mythic, they did a great job on a pvp game. Agreed with most to all of keaven response other than the fact he thinks WAR is strong atm. He did say population was a defeat for them so how could it be strong.

Put F2P and watch the numbers surge, it would beat any F2P mmos out there. COMON MAN DO IT.

• LortakLortak Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Since the beginning of WAR I've been hoping they would implement classes for Khorne the blood god, especially a Khorne Berserker class. Doesn't seem likely now though which deeply disappoints me.

I did like playing the Choppa class though!
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Give me my Woodelves and i'l come back.

Beyond that it is simply not anything there to save this game. I am sure it will be around for a loooong time but it will never be thriwing or have a big playerbase again and sooner or later the GW licens will run out and WAR will go the way of SWG and the Dodo.

That being said.. you can still enjoy the game if you get through the grind and like some decent semi-open world PvP with people you will know by name after a while.

Just stay away from the cash shop for as long as you can. (i think there is a point you have to dip in to it in order to not gimp your self in PvP... That is at least how they make that pack sound)

This have been a good conversation

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    WAR was something I hoped would be good because I like the lore and DAoC. What I was given was a game that I loved the look of but could not enjoy. As was stated about 3 realms. I think I might have stayed in the game if there had been 3 realms. It was a big disappointement for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I miss War. This is the best RvR ever. GW2 wasn't so funny as War. but I just return if it goes f2p.

Go to hell!

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

If they make the change to F2P I have said and still say I am prepared to pay. I have always thought WAR was the best RvR/PvP experience around. What made me leave wasn't the game, it was largely the frustration of when they stole some WAR developers to try and patch up SWTOR's broken PvP.

I do like Keaven as well. I have read some of his posts on the WAR forums while checking up on it and him and his team seem way more open now, stating matter of factly what they can and can not do. I value that honesty.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

My opinion of course, but I think this game really missed out.  The pvp had way too much crowd control for my liking.  Much of what they promised was never delivered.  The game has not seen any additions for 4 years.  Pretty much tells you EA left it for dead.

If NCSoft was the owner, this game would have been retired years ago.  

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

Ok, so for all the doom mongers:

If WAR is so bad which RvR/Open world PvP are you currently playing that is more satisfying???

GW2: you were killed by an anonymous invader...

DaoC: 2 seconds spell animation..

Planetside 2: Rush rinse repeat..

Come up with the goods please, until TESO or CU there may not be anything better around

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246

I would return to an F2P WAR in a heartbeat. I think that it had a lot going for it (bar the obvious lack of mentionable PvE content) but paying a sub was always out of the question from day one. Amazed they haven't gone down the F2P road yet to bring back peeps. I am truly convinced it would save the game...for a few years at least. Resubbed a while back (briefly) and it was sad to see that they had dealt with the population problems by introducing resource NPCs that run between keeps, talk about ignoring the obvious infront of your nose :-/

I feel all this moreso after playing the utterly pointless bee-swarm zergfest that is GW2 WvWvW, it's a mockery of a copy. 

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246

Oops duplicate post please remove tnx

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    How in the world did he talk about how great the game is doing with a straight face?  The game is down to two servers in the world, I believe, and hasn't had an expansion or really any new content added, ever.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Volenibblets

I would return to an F2P WAR in a heartbeat. I think that it had a lot going for it (bar the obvious lack of mentionable PvE content) but paying a sub was always out of the question from day one. Amazed they haven't gone down the F2P road yet to bring back peeps. I am truly convinced it would save the game...for a few years at least. Resubbed a while back (briefly) and it was sad to see that they had dealt with the population problems by introducing resource NPCs that run between keeps, talk about ignoring the obvious infront of your nose :-/

I feel all this moreso after playing the utterly pointless bee-swarm zergfest that is GW2 WvWvW, it's a mockery of a copy. 

I think the resource NPC's were a great idea. It gives players another target to try and defend or attack. I don't think it was to alleviate population woes, but instead to make fighting in the lakes have another layer.

I feel the same about GW2's WvW. There are so many things that just don't work, especially having played WAR, which obviously inspired GW2.

• EraserheadEraserhead Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by cronius77

people saying the population in warhammer online is good are seriously dillusional and there is no way anyone should take anything they say from now on with a grain of salt. Mythic has completely destroyed warhammer online from even before land of the dead released. I would say this game hasnt EVER received memorable content at all since release. I played warhammer religiously for over two years from release and this game NEVER got better and patches after the first round of layoffs were fluff recycled garbage. There are bugs in war to this day that been in game since day 1. Hell the only reason there isnt culling and lag at fortresses now is because the population is like maybe 5k subscribers left. This guy is spinning bullshit over and over again and Im sorry why do people bother giving him the benefit of the doubt?

They are spending the next 2 to 3 patches on balance changes? come on man seriously they are mirrored classes so that splits half your balance in half you have to worry about right there. Other games do this every single patch a little here and there and actually add in content. Why exactly does war get one or the other in a patch cycle? What is it only you working on war now? OP you should of asked him that. Seriously this game needs to just go and shut down or have its license pulled from game workshop so someone else can pick it up and do it right. These guys do not have any intention at all of actually making this a real game as mentioned in his first post about having a hardcore dedicated fanbase. What a load of BS .

The population right now is very healthy with large and small scale fights happening constantly in t4. That's just the way it is.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Originally posted by Eraserhead

Originally posted by cronius77

The population right now is very healthy with large and small scale fights happening constantly in t4. That's just the way it is.

I think people overlook the PvE in WAR. I get why they are overlooked though, there was a lot of PvE content in a game aimed at RvR people. You don't have to do the PvE content since it is seperated from RvR lakes, so it ends up feeling like wasted resources by the development team. I think that even PvP lovers can enjoy the dungeons though, most of them are really great. Some of the public quests are fun as well, but they face the issue of not having enough players around to finish them which makes sense since most prefer PvP.

In WAR you really need some friends if you want to do PvE. It doesn't hurt having them in RvR either.