Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is my graphic performance so bad?

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

me it uses 3 core effectivly (a la ff14)but one core it use massivly (7/8 of 100% proccssing power)also it is never the same core,i play this session it might be core 1 ,in haf an hour i go play another new session it will be core 2 then afterward core 3 etc!

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

me it uses 3 core effectivly (a la ff14)but one core it use massivly (7/8 of 100% proccssing power)also it is never the same core,i play this session it might be core 1 ,in haf an hour i go play another new session it will be core 2 then afterward core 3 etc!

Huh?!?

Punctuation, complete sentence and structure are your friends. Even if english is not your 1st language. I am not a spelling nazi, but whatever point you try to make in your posts are lost in that rambling mess of a post.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

A large part is probably the drivers, you really need the latest to run the game well. My 480 runs the game superbly.

Another possibility that might slow you down is that you have an IRQ issue (2 graphics card using the same IRQ can sometimes mess things up). I recommend that you check out the administrative logs that logs any issues and errors. If you do have some often occuring issue there, PM the information to me and Ill help you out with it. :)

But really, loose the old card, if you just need it for another monitor get the cheapest new card you can find for that instead.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Wootloops

I have a six core i7-3930k, a GTX 690, 16 GB of RAM, and an SSD, and for some reason the game is just choppy and slow, most noticeably if I spin around really fast, causing everything to lock up for like half a second.

I turned off dual GPU mode for the 690, turned off windowed mode for the game, and tried messing with the graphics settings but nothing really helped.

Maybe it's my Nvidia drivers, as I'm stuck on 307.74 because I use a second 7800 GTX card for extra monitors, and that's the last driver to support that card, but these drivers came out well after Guild Wars 2 was released.

With all graphics settings maxed (No vertical sync), running in a straight line in the Azura starting area I get like 45-60 FPS depending on the area, and as soon as I start even slightly turning, it drops to 25-45 FPS.

I feel like I should be getting better results with my specs.

Its like this, if you do not take out the 7800 you will get slow performance, you are using something VERY old vs somethign VERY new and not only that you are using drivers that only support the 7800 not the 690, as soon as you take that 7800 and install the new drivers then you should be running above 100 fps.

Here is another thing, when you have 2 things lets say you have 2 harddrive and you raid them if one is slower than the other it will only use the speeds of the old one, even with SLI even though you do not have the two cards SLI, but your over all performance is going to be according to the 7800 not the 690. Also you have 2 cards plugged in this means that you are running 8x PCI not 16 for the  690 . In anycase you are not using the 690 currently your PC is using the 7800 speeds to proccess everything. 

• WootloopsWootloops Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by elitero

I have a six core i7-3930k, a GTX 690, 16 GB of RAM, and an SSD, and for some reason the game is just choppy and slow, most noticeably if I spin around really fast, causing everything to lock up for like half a second.

I turned off dual GPU mode for the 690, turned off windowed mode for the game, and tried messing with the graphics settings but nothing really helped.

Maybe it's my Nvidia drivers, as I'm stuck on 307.74 because I use a second 7800 GTX card for extra monitors, and that's the last driver to support that card, but these drivers came out well after Guild Wars 2 was released.

With all graphics settings maxed (No vertical sync), running in a straight line in the Azura starting area I get like 45-60 FPS depending on the area, and as soon as I start even slightly turning, it drops to 25-45 FPS.

Its like this, if you do not take out the 7800 you will get slow performance, you are using something VERY old vs somethign VERY new and not only that you are using drivers that only support the 7800 not the 690, as soon as you take that 7800 and install the new drivers then you should be running above 100 fps.

Here is another thing, when you have 2 things lets say you have 2 harddrive and you raid them if one is slower than the other it will only use the speeds of the old one, even with SLI even though you do not have the two cards SLI, but your over all performance is going to be according to the 7800 not the 690. Also you have 2 cards plugged in this means that you are running 8x PCI not 16 for the  690 . In anycase you are not using the 690 currently your PC is using the 7800 speeds to proccess everything. 

The drivers I'm using support both cards, and the 690 is the one rendering stuff, as evidenced in my high framerates in every other game, and by GPU-Z showing the load to be on the 690.

The drivers I'm using support both cards, and the 690 is the one rendering stuff, as evidenced in my high framerates in every other game, and by GPU-Z showing the load to be on the 690.

If you read the last line you wouldn't have posted and just did what I said, I will repeat, your 690 is performing at the rate of your 7800, just take out the 7800 install the new 314 drivers and see the performance.

If you read the last line you wouldn't have posted and just did what I said, I will repeat, your 690 is performing at the rate of your 7800, just take out the 7800 install the new 314 drivers and see the performance.

Except it's not, because the 7800 can't play Crysis 2 like butter.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    So have you tried to remove the 7800GTX yet?

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Doesn't the 690 have multiple video outputs? I don't think you need a second card for a second monitor.

It has 4 outputs, but with dual GPU enabled, you can only use 3, and I have 4 monitors. And I want to get even more monitors, too.

This game was CPU heavy not GPU heavy at first they told us it was due to testing but they never fixed it. Add it to the long list of things they told us would happen but never did.

Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Doesn't the 690 have multiple video outputs? I don't think you need a second card for a second monitor.

It has 4 outputs, but with dual GPU enabled, you can only use 3, and I have 4 monitors. And I want to get even more monitors, too.

This game was CPU heavy not GPU heavy at first they told us it was due to testing but they never fixed it. Add it to the long list of things they told us would happen but never did.

My performance between beta and release increased considerably.

By the way are you still playing the game and hence a hostage? :)

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

I have, and it's been a catastrophe. I took it out and put my 8800 GTX in its place, as that's still supported by the latest drivers.

It took like an hour to even get the card in the slot, and then Windows wouldn't boot, so I spent another hour trial and erroring to no avail, and ended up having to go to Best Buy to buy another copy of Windows 8 because I have no CD since I got it as a digital download. Except now it says that my new copy of Windows won't activate because the CD was for upgrades only and I had to do a clean install. Oh and then I accidentally converted my 4TB drive to a dynamic drive and lost everything on it, and now it's stuck at half capacity for some reason even though I converted it back to a basic drive.

But hey at least I'm on the latest drivers. I'll test GW2 when I reinstall it after I spend 5 hours trying to get the other half of my hard drive capacity back and recovering anything from it I can.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I have, and it's been a catastrophe. I took it out and put my 8800 GTX in its place, as that's still supported by the latest drivers.

It took like an hour to even get the card in the slot, and then Windows wouldn't boot, so I spent another hour trial and erroring to no avail, and ended up having to go to Best Buy to buy another copy of Windows 8 because I have no CD since I got it as a digital download. Except now it says that my new copy of Windows won't activate because the CD was for upgrades only and I had to do a clean install. Oh and then I accidentally converted my 4TB drive to a dynamic drive and lost everything on it, and now it's stuck at half capacity for some reason even though I converted it back to a basic drive.

But hey at least I'm on the latest drivers. I'll test GW2 when I reinstall it after I spend 5 hours trying to get the other half of my hard drive capacity back and recovering anything from it I can.

why did you put a 8800 in there? why not just leave in the 690 alone and try it like that? dual GPU cards have always been more hassle than they are worth imho then you add a third gpu you are just asking for issues..... for comparison i have a similar setup to you but use a 670 card and hit 100 fps+ in most areas with only a couple things turned down

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    to install w8 you need to follow microsoft instruction or it wont work!(espacially if you have installed it before !)it doesnt work like w7 and you wont be able to use w7 if you dont follow microsoft instruction either!
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

What!?

Why did you pull the 7800 out and add an 8800?!

What you really should have done was just run the 690 by itself. Oh well. Good luck to you.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

why did you put a 8800 in there? why not just leave in the 690 alone and try it like that? dual GPU cards have always been more hassle than they are worth imho then you add a third gpu you are just asking for issues..... for comparison i have a similar setup to you but use a 670 card and hit 100 fps+ in most areas with only a couple things turned down

I put it in because I want my fourth monitor. I don't want to play an MMO if I can't play it in my ideal set up. It's not like a single player game that I'll beat in 12 hours; MMOs are indefinate.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I put it in because I want my fourth monitor. I don't want to play an MMO if I can't play it in my ideal set up. It's not like a single player game that I'll beat in 12 hours; MMOs are indefinate.

id sell the 690 and get a single gpu card then or two single gpu cards in sli/crossfire.. you are asking for to much trouble with a dual gpu card plus another card as well... are you dead set on nvidia? I'm a nvidia fan personally but AMD generally has better multiple display support

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

id sell the 690 and get a single gpu card then or two single gpu cards in sli/crossfire.. you are asking for to much trouble with a dual gpu card plus another card as well... are you dead set on nvidia? I'm a nvidia fan personally but AMD generally has better multiple display support

The 690 is still superior or negligible for every other game, so I don't want to sell it. And I can't have 2 cards in SLI because my motherboard only has 2 PCI-E slots, so I'd still be stuck with 3 monitors.

I really don't think the additional card is causing any issues. It's just the one I was using was old, so I was stuck on old drivers.

To help you out we need to eliminate the potential causes.

Letting the GTX690 running on its own in a single monitor would allow us to know if the drivers or the old card were the problem or not.

So taking the card off was a simple test that would take 5 minutes or so.

If then GW2 worked fine we would have nailed the cause.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by RelGn
    get rid of the 7800 crap and update your drivers

Like going black, once you go 4 monitors, you can't go back.

Suck it up for 30 minutes and just yank the 7800 and update the drivers.  If performance is still bad, then you can at least say you ruled that out.

You make me like charity

The 690 is still superior or negligible for every other game, so I don't want to sell it. And I can't have 2 cards in SLI because my motherboard only has 2 PCI-E slots, so I'd still be stuck with 3 monitors.

I really don't think the additional card is causing any issues. It's just the one I was using was old, so I was stuck on old drivers.

Just going by your posts here, I don't think you're in any way qualified to determine what is or isn't causing issues.  Yank the 7800/8800 and boot with just the 690.  See if performance still sucks or not, then come back here.

You make me like charity

Letting the GTX690 running on its own in a single monitor would allow us to know if the drivers or the old card were the problem or not.

Probably should have done that, but I'm not trying that shit again now.

Oh and btw you can plug 4 monitors in the 690 you just need a mini display port converter from nvidia its like 25 bucks pretty sure you can afford that 

Probably should have done that, but I'm not trying that shit again now.

Then stop complaining and go do something else.  You're not going to find a magical solution to this.

You make me like charity

Oh and btw you can plug 4 monitors in the 690 you just need a mini display port converter from nvidia its like 25 bucks pretty sure you can afford that 

You mean to use 2 monitors from one port? Because I'm using the mini display port already.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
This discussion has been closed.