Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheap, generic, stereotypical Korean grind fest mmo

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Hiya everyone,

DISCLAMER - This may seem like trolling to you but I assure you that I have my own personal reasons for wanting to experience the absolute worst the mmo world has to offer so please bear wtih me! 

I'm looking for the mmo that no one wants to play.  I want a game that has all of these "qualities" in one way or another ! 

- Poor coustomer Service

- Slow updates / poor game support 

- Really bad cash shop

- Game play heavily dependent on cash shop

- slow grindy tidious leveling

- Bad community 

- poor graphics

- buggy game play

- generic kill X number of Y mob quests 

- poor animations and character models 

- Little to no character customization outside of cash shop

- Massive RMT problem

and last but not least, just an overall game that you would wouldn't be caught dead playing. 

- This is not a joke, nor am I trolling, I am genuinely interested in experiencing the worst possible MMO I can for my own personal reasons. I want to experience the absolute worst  F2P mmorpg that is currently available. The worse the game the more I want to try it. 

Please let me know what game would be the absolute worst to try out. 

Thanks. 

Comments

• ChthonChthon Member Posts: 7
    Requiem: Memento Mori.  More bugs than an Amazon rainforest.  Only thing that gets GM's attention is when Cash Shop goes down.
  • DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Wow, that's... an uncommon request. Best of luck in finding a game suitable to your tastes :P

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

http://ancientsoffasaria.com/

Meets all the criteria except for Korean

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Runes of Magic is probably the worst/fits the most of those criteria that I have played.

Although I still feel that Aion right after release was the most grindy game, especially once you were in the Lv40-50 slog. I hit Lvl 41 with my Templar and it all just came to a crashing halt - even worse than EQ Hell Levels.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Runes of Magic and Requiem were bad but not nearly bad enough for my needs. Any others out there? 
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    You are crazy, lmao.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    You mean there's still someone that hasn't tried SWTOR?
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    There are alot of them, just go check mmorpg gamelist.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Archlord or Rohan
  • zonjimasenzonjimasen Member UncommonPosts: 32

Atlantica Online, except it really isnt generic per se in terms of combat, its one of its kind for mmo genre.

But the quest/customer support/cash shop dependancy is pretty much spot on.

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210
    DK Online, tho its decent enough.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

there are some p2p mmos with those qualities, like Mortal Online (just not korean) and people still give them money...... Dont look for F2P only like they are the only black ships.

EDIT: actually generic, stereotypical grind fest is in almost every mmo free or not. WoW, Rift, Swtor, TERA, PWE, Aion, etc.

• MeslasMeslas Member Posts: 13
    There are many bugs in Allods online also try Tales of pirates
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Hello Kitty Online. :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

saying aion and tera are grind fests are kinda strange, they are damn easy to get to cap in less then a  month

try silk road if you want the worse or any chinese MMO around

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

The problem with what you have described... is that it doesnt last. No game like you have described lasts long. It just closes due to lack of income.

I would suggest that you try Waren Story. It is currently being published by the developer via a grant from the Korean government. However, even with that, it will not last long. Move fast if you want to check it out before it is gone.

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    liek what the other guy said, try ROHAN blood feud

• KeybirdKeybird Member Posts: 4
    Rappelz
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Well... Some of the worst I've played have gone under (such as Eligium, and War of Angels)... But one of the worst thats still running would be Gates of Andaron.  

http://www.gatesofandaron.com/

If you really want the bottom of the barrel, you may be able to find it here.

http://thebigmmorpglist.com/

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I am going to give Rohan a shot. I have heard that game is absolute garbage. 

- If you must know why I am looking for this game. I lost a bet, I am to either eat nothing but canned beans for 7 days or play the worst possible  mmo I can find for 15 days.  (Or 150 hours). 

I chose the latter. 

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

You make me like charity

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Edit: nvm, saw now that the op already answered my question.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    LOL, best bet ever :)

2Moons
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Or you could just search the free games here and go with one you've never heard of. Oh, Requium might be another option.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Is there any reason you cannot play the original? Lineage II is still running..?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.