Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance looking Good.

SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

I was looking for Youtube videos of Defiance and the defiance website for more info, and found this good gameplay video that really made me interested in the game. And seeing how there isnt much love on the fourms here about this game, i thought id share what is making me root for this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmvrZsPPTqM

P.S- This is NOT my video. I did NOT make it and do Not own it. 

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Poor guys didn't get to the boss fight :(.

Bandit and Bugs are the worse to attack in a meta.

In dammit related news: I just ripped open a rather new hacky sack.

Also be careful with your hype on this one.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i noticed on my beta playthroughs that every enemy outpost have the same mobs and the same grey hulk dude. I hope they add variety to the game before launch. Cant think of the tv show having this same mobs reused over and over too.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Snakex

I was looking for Youtube videos of Defiance and the defiance website for more info, and found this good gameplay video that really made me interested in the game. And seeing how there isnt much love on the fourms here about this game, i thought id share what is making me root for this game.

If you like third person shooters and take this game for what it is, a third person shooter in a persisent world, you will have agood time playing it.

• burner087burner087 Member Posts: 13

Game seems ok.  I am a bit mixed on it so far.  But being there isn't a monthly payment, I may give it a shot upon release.

-Davorn

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by burner087

Game seems ok.  I am a bit mixed on it so far.  But being there isn't a monthly payment, I may give it a shot upon release.

They're not doing you any favors by making you pay 3-4 months upfront.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KatrisaKatrisa Member UncommonPosts: 116

I do agree the mobs are repetitive but I see a huge differance over the last beta vids. Alot of the game seems to be set up like Rift with large public quests and an enemy that gives the perception that they will take over the map. Looks like alot of fun to play with a friend or two. This coming beta should tells us lot. 

/Meow

• Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    i noticed on my beta playthroughs that every enemy outpost have the same mobs and the same grey hulk dude. I hope they add variety to the game before launch. Cant think of the tv show having this same mobs reused over and over too.

This is because the videos are filmed all in the first area wich is occupied by the mutated soldiers,moving out of Mount Tam brings encounter against humans raiders and cyborg miners,go further deep in the world and you will see a army of thecnological aliens,intelligent form of aracnoid robots and more.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Dont judge from videos play and jsdge it for your self.

i tried it and it's not for me cause i play only quality 5 star games

Currently there is no mmo 5star so i play starcraft 2Hots

• GryganGrygan Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Someone wants the beta key? plz send me pm :-)
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Grygan

Still about 8000 keys left in the beta giveaway on this page.. Not too many are interested in the game it seems.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Originally posted by Grygan

Still about 8000 keys left in the beta giveaway on this page.. Not too many are interested in the game it seems.

From what i can gather,anyone who has ever paid for a Trion game can get a beta key.

Hell they mailed me informing me i was an ark way before i knew about the game or what an ark was, so i certainly never applied, unless im sleep beta applying these days, which i doubt.

So my guess is that all those millions of Rift players from Rift launch are able to just log in and download.

I would agree that this game isnt taking the Rift style overhype train.  Not sure thats a good thing when theres no monthly sub to lose on people being disatisfied, which the hype train always brings en mass

Perhaps people have started to become level headed on new mmo launches?  I mean, this hype and crash thing, its been going on one game after another since...well AoC was probably the high water mark for it all...hasnt seemed to reside much since then though...this might be a good thing.

All i know is this game will birth a whole lot of people who suddenly become FPS guru's and need everything within a shooting game to be an e-sport style, odd how new games seem to breed professionals.  I gurantee theres going to be a lot of comotion regarding the games non-esport style combat and mechanics.  Havent even played it yet and can tell this is going to happen.  Its the same crowd that demands uber fair balance and no rng ect.  Same types that ruin a lot of game i guess.

Personally im jumping into the game like its a non-fantasy (oh how im weary of high fantasy) mmorpg with guns.  Wont have any risk in pvp as all themeparks so pvp is just a side dish for me.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    just downloaded the beta on my pS3

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

I have been in the beta and have been to the invisible walls keeping us in set testing zones. There are certainly a variety of mobs once you go exploring but just remember we have not even scratched the surface of the game as yet.

I am excited about playing the full game at launch