Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Based on forum performance, this game doesn't have a lot of hype

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
And since there won't be many people playing, I'm debating whether I should play this game or not.

Comments

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Number of players != experience. Nor should it really be a criteria of whether you should play or not.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    maybe u should stop basing it off of a website that only a minority of gamers know and use?
  • R_M_BR_M_B Member UncommonPosts: 42

The less hype the better. 

Unless you are one of those that believe game is only good after it reach a 7 digit in player number. 

B)
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556

What's the point in saying anything, with a NDA so thick, anyone who posts will just have it removed.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Tabula Rasa. can i say that?
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    The only game that has much hype right now is TESO, and even that is pretty calm.  I think the back to back failues of TOR and GW2 really killed a lot of opinions on the genre for people.

You make me like charity

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by rbialo

The less hype the better. 

Unless you are one of those that believe game is only good after it reach a 7 digit in player number. 

It doesn't matter what we believe.  It's the publishers that feel like a game needs 7 digits to be considered a success.  Anything less and the game just gets milked with next to nothing invested back into it (expansions, new content, etc).

You make me like charity

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Definitely not looking forward to this game.  Maybe if it were free to play and not an actual $60 just because of the fact it is also being released on the consoles.  I plan on playing it this last beta weekend quite a bit just to get it out of my system, not to mention the gameplay really isn't all that enticing to me either.  Just feels like a Borderlands MMO remake.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Number of players != experience. Nor should it really be a criteria of whether you should play or not.

Depending on the game-type, you can be very wrong with that.

Say a game has a huge open world with dynamic group events etc etc... and then you find yourself all alone out there once the crowd has moved on or in case not many people play. It happened. It'll happen again. Soon.

• Desiderium2012Desiderium2012 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    :( You are the single most influential person in gaming history, this game is doomed to fail if you don't play it.
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Syno23
    And since there won't be many people playing, I'm debating whether I should play this game or not.

You should.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Kumapon

What's the point in saying anything, with a NDA so thick, anyone who posts will just have it removed.

They even remove stuff that is not remotely touching the NDA, so i doubt the massive deleting is all about that.

I've had several postings removed in which i questioned how long until SciFi cancels the tv show (as they have a history of doing so) or for stating things everyone can see in the official videos and i know this happened to other users as well.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

forum performance has zero to do with actual game performance

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

I'm more hyped about the Game of Thrones mmo. I love the show. Defiance I know nothing about.

I'm also not too crazy about shooters.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Alot of good games hardly get a mention here while the crap ones get talked about all the time.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by FromHell

I think what he meant was: Based on forum activity, this game doesn't seem to have much hype.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by aleos
    Tabula Rasa. can i say that?

Except Tabula Rasa was actually a good game.image

Originally posted by emperorwings
    Alot of good games hardly get a mention here while the crap ones get talked about all the time.

Yes, particularly when Trion is involved. MMORPG.COM seem to have a "special" relationship with them :)

edit: speaking of which, what ever happened to the Game of Thrones mmo? No mention of it here in months it seems. Now there's something to get hyped up about, the show is awesome.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat
    Originally posted by FromHell

I think what he meant was: Based on forum activity, this game doesn't seem to have much hype.

well who needs to jump on the most hyped titles all the time? Never understood this type of lemming behaviour of the marketing victims

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

These days, never buy a game on release day, especially if you've never even played it yet. Wait a few weeks, read the reviews, player reviews.

With the amount of crap titles we've had to put up with over these past few years, it amazes me that anyone still pre-orders games.

• Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    The people is too much busy dreaming on "the next fabulous sandbox" to care about Defiance,if you see the hype rating there are games in the early development stage but people keep hitting on them,maybe these game will never come out,Defiance instead is a good game next to release but few care about it.
  • BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by urbanmech

These days, never buy a game on release day, especially if you've never even played it yet. Wait a few weeks, read the reviews, player reviews.

With the amount of crap titles we've had to put up with over these past few years, it amazes me that anyone still pre-orders games.

pre-order on steam seems to be tanking also. I agree with you on the to many games, not enough demos.

25% per week wont see even 1 reward stage finished.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Not as much hype as much as "paid for" advertising I think.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    The only game that has much hype right now is TESO, and even that is pretty calm.  I think the back to back failues of TOR and GW2 really killed a lot of opinions on the genre for people.

i didnt know GW2 failed. When did that happen?... Oh you mean you didnt like it? ah ok, i thought you meant it literally failed.....

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by asmkm22

i didnt know GW2 failed. When did that happen?... Oh you mean you didnt like it? ah ok, i thought you meant it literally failed.....

Haha my thoughts exactly.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Its a PvE focused MMOFPS.  Not exactly a niche with a big market, yet at least.

If its good, it has a chance to be a grower and pick up some of the borderlands crowd if word of mouth is positive.  if its not good, Trion is screwed.