Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

U.I looks a little too cluttered.

SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

Is it just me or is there too much screen user interface clutter to appreciate this new graphical offering of "A Realm Reborn?"

I for one like looking at the enviroment and graphical artwork when I'm playing a game and not get distracted by all the bars icons on my screen. It gets even worse when the player is engaged in battle as five more things pop up on your screen.

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Looks like it was designed with consoles in mind, rather than PC's.  

You make me like charity

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

This game has less UI clutter than most MMOs so I don't really see the issue... the reason it appears to take up a lot of space in that video is because the screen resolution is set very low (it's alpha and therefore not optimised). Watch some of the more recent videos and you'll see the game at much higher resolution with much less intrusive UI.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by Alberel

Can someone confirm that link is safe? It looks rather suspicious to me... youtu.be?

With regards to the UI though, this game has less UI clutter than most MMOs so I don't really see the issue...

It's a normal youtube link.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

Link is safe.

And that UI is VERY cluttered, very unappealing to me.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz

Link is safe.

need to be able to resize it btw the ps3 version will have a diffreant ui

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz

Link is safe.

need to be able to resize it btw the ps3 version will have a diffreant ui

You can resize it, you can also move all UI elements anywhere you like...

Like I said before, the only reason it looks so big is because the OP chose a video with very low resolution. Here's a much better example that isn't so misleading:

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

You can resize it, you can also move all UI elements anywhere you like...

Like I said before, the only reason it looks so big is because the OP chose a video with very low resolution. Here's a much better example that isn't so misleading:

Yup th U.I looks better in that video also knowing that you can resize and move all the U.I makes me feel better now :)

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Thats not even cluttered. You want cluttered, see EVE online. XD
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Or tera that's a hot mess . The UI in ARR if fully customizable also

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Is this thread a joke? The awful resolution in the video blows the UI up big time. That is besides the fact that it has the same exact UI components on the screen as 95% of the other games out there. 

Also, as mentioned before every single UI component on the screen can be moved where you want it.

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644
    The UI is fine.
  • RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

UI is fine, the problem is that this video is recorded by a developer.. that seems to be not too good with games (mouse click everything lol, and slow)

I cant say why... :p but UI is really good and work fine with the game.