Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats your overal score?

1235»

Comments

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by bestever
    Yeah lets score a game while its in beta lol what a joke just like most of the post on these forums. Seems like no ones a gamer anymore but a bunch of self made critics. I'll play the game and enjoy it for what it is and its fun. 

^ this

reviewing a beta is like going 100% full retard. And it gets more popular each time.

MMO devs should stop doing public betas, simple as that.

You're incorrect. This late into development, really its no longer in development at this stage, what you have now is almost exactly what you'll be playing at release.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    You're incorrect. This late into development, really its no longer in development at this stage, what you have now is almost exactly what you'll be playing at release.

https://twitter.com/CrypticZinc/status/312624539056107520

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    Yeah lets score a game while its in beta lol what a joke just like most of the post on these forums. Seems like no ones a gamer anymore but a bunch of self made critics. I'll play the game and enjoy it for what it is and its fun. 

^ this

reviewing a beta is like going 100% full retard. And it gets more popular each time.

not really true... while it is true major systems usually won't get changed like the overall graphics and combat style and such numerous games have had small to big changes very close to release.. for example TSW added active dodging only weeks before launch.. imho that's a pretty big change for so late in development. They also revamped a lot of animations right before launch as well(if anyone remembers the original pistol animation ugh). Generally by the time the big closed betas start it is more for bug finding/balancing but that doesn't mean certain large changes won't come down.

But i will say if you play a game in closed beta and you don't like the overall look/feel of the game at all you most likely will not like it at launch either.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Maephisto

Wait....

There is no such thing as an MMO Fairy? image

Err...Ummm...Oh dear. Did I say that? I said that the MMO fairy wouldn't be paying for it. Not saying she doesn't exists...yeah... Yes Maephisto, there is an MMO fairy.

She?  I was picturing Zach Galifianakis fluttering around with butterfly wings.  Shazam!

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by Golelorn

^ this

I disagree, plenty of things can be modified, changed, added and improved even during the course of several weeks, it seems to me by glancing at the game's official forum that the developers aren't blind to feedback and they already announced some changes, like the Wizard's animations which a lot of people didn't like.

Also those who have participated in the first beta said that a lot of additions were made for the second beta weekend, i reckon it will be simmilar for the third weekend.

There are plenty of positives about the game in my opinion, but there are certain things i would very much like to see improved by a lot, like some animations and the dreadful character creation, also the companion system is sub par, to say the least.

I have to say again though, character creation is so bad that it's completely mind boggling, that's one area where i really didn't think Cryptic would mess up.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    This game will live or die by the Foundry.  Take that away and it's pretty underwhelming.  What interests me the most about the foundry is the developers seem to be at least letting go of keeping meaningful rewards limitied to "offical" content which makes player made content a true part of the game rather than a afterthought.  It remains to be seen how much control they give up but it's at least promising that they realize the need.
  • kellax1978kellax1978 Member Posts: 3
    For now, I'll givbe it a 5/10, as well. It has a lot of potential, but PW (and boy do people hate PW on the Neverwinter forums) seems to be the reason for the total letdown of a game. Everyone calls their 'games' incomplete. And with the little experience I've had with them, I'll have to agree. Something feels off.
  • allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Fluxii

Right, because FF, AoC, SWTOR, WAR, DF, oooh Tabla Rasa, Auto Assault, Matrix Online... (and we know we could list a lot more, just tossing a few out).

Cuz no-one ever said anything in those BETAs right?  Hell... look at shyt that was criticized in GW2 (everyone's darling) that's still not or just being ironed out.

Why do people think some MAGIC patch is going to come in a day before launch and make everything better?

Never said anything about a MAGIC patch did I? Nope said I'll play it for what it is and enjoy it because I'm a gamer and thats what I do. I don't sit around QQing about dumb shit thats FREE

I say keep the opinions coming... i trust folks that are real gamers, even heavily opinionated over any site reviewer anywhere;. Most are paid with marketing dollars of some kind and don't spend enough time with games to even give a real review..

time is critical to me these days, i don't want to waste my time anymore on a half baked experience that is buggy and/or shallow

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by allegria
    Originally posted by Fluxii

Right, because FF, AoC, SWTOR, WAR, DF, oooh Tabla Rasa, Auto Assault, Matrix Online... (and we know we could list a lot more, just tossing a few out).

Cuz no-one ever said anything in those BETAs right?  Hell... look at shyt that was criticized in GW2 (everyone's darling) that's still not or just being ironed out.

Why do people think some MAGIC patch is going to come in a day before launch and make everything better?

Never said anything about a MAGIC patch did I? Nope said I'll play it for what it is and enjoy it because I'm a gamer and thats what I do. I don't sit around QQing about dumb shit thats FREE

I say keep the opinions coming... i trust folks that are real gamers, even heavily opinionated over any site reviewer anywhere;. Most are paid with marketing dollars of some kind and don't spend enough time with games to even give a real review..

time is critical to me these days, i don't want to waste my time anymore on a half baked experience that is buggy and/or shallow

You'll find that most opinions in this site come from two cliques:

1. Plain trolls/fanboys that will senselessly bash/praise a game without really knowing what the game is about or having played it.

2. People with veiled interests in that they have already chosen a "next game to play" and will praise their chosen game and bash all the competition off the hype meter. [sarcasm]Because, you know, the hype meter matters.[/sarcasm]

Both of those group of people are a plague in these boards, and the funny thing is that they think they are accomplishing something with every post they make. I suggest that you do not pay excessive heed to the opinions of people in this site about any game (including mine) and wait for professional reviews. You may think that the world of gaming is a big ball of conspiracy where companies pay top dollar to professional media to get good reviews, but I assure you things are not so grim as that. And besides, paranoia is a sad state to live with.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• gr0und3dgr0und3d Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Hiron
    Originally posted by gr0und3d

I love the posts about how simple combat is and that it's not that engaging.....o btw i only hit lvl 10.....o btw i only left mouse clicked......so this game is bad......

Wow, so much insight!  Try playing for more than 30minutes, which is how long it takes to get to 10+.  For the trickster rogue, there were abilities that refreshed the stealth bar, recovery stats to lower cooldowns, utility vs pure dmg skills and feats..... so much fun this past weekend.  There is a recount at the end of dungeons to show things like dmg done, healing done, etc. and there were so many people that just didn't care, I see some of those ppl posted here.

I was 25 at the end of beta. It IS bad! Its dumbed down D&D console mmo game. More like 3d Diablo. The dungeon is generic as ****. Its zerg to the boss and kll everything on sight. Minimum amount of traps, puzzle and secrets. There were exactly 2 puzzles till 25. It was a "my first puzzle" experience. # rotating statues which you have to align....twice....in the same sungeon. The character customizations are so limited I dont know what to say. you have 1 type of weapons for every class. Its simplistic and linear.

Score: 5...barely...

Like I said...... made it through the tutorial dungeon and thinks the whole game is based on zerging.  At the very least, there are axes and swords that guardian and rogues can use.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

You'll find that most opinions in this site come from two cliques:

1. Plain trolls/fanboys that will senselessly bash/praise a game without really knowing what the game is about or having played it.

2. People with veiled interests in that they have already chosen a "next game to play" and will praise their chosen game and bash all the competition off the hype meter. [sarcasm]Because, you know, the hype meter matters.[/sarcasm]

Both of those group of people are a plague in these boards, and the funny thing is that they think they are accomplishing something with every post they make. I suggest that you do not pay excessive heed to the opinions of people in this site about any game (including mine) and wait for professional reviews. You may think that the world of gaming is a big ball of conspiracy where companies pay top dollar to professional media to get good reviews, but I assure you things are not so grim as that. And besides, paranoia is a sad state to live with.

+1

You see very few reviews of games, and i mean decent reviews on these boards.  Most posts i would liken to political opinions on games.  Their mind is set and even if they appear to accept the game you can see the clear intent of the post, either for or against the game, typically highlighting their perferd game in a good light in the process as a free plug to their political party i mean game.

Most of the real reviews are based off the 1-20 leveling experience, which is ok, but clearly people lose interest more often during the endgame stretch or at endgame, unless theres some progression wall on the way up.

Most people who try to sell the game, even if they bury the advertisement in a lot of wording to appear as a real review...all it really accomplishes is..well first of all a counter troll will appear and park in the discussion, derailing the thread into an argument, and secondly is it overhypes peoples expectations, which leads to dissapointment.  Since most gamers maturity level with regards to mmorpgs is that of a 7 year old...dissapointment is taken personally vs the devs and game, and turns to a deep rooted hatred of the game.

I really wish more people here just said what they did in game, and if they didnt stay or decided to leave down the road, handeld it like an adult and moved on.  Only with games do people pay for entertainment that lasts over a few hours, at that a tiny amount of money if any, and then if they for whatever reason move on, take it as a horrible experience.

You pay for your time in game (or done with a free game) and when its no longer entertaining you spent your money on past entertainment and just move on to different entertainment, be it another game or not...seems a rough concept to grasp.

I got called stupid in another thread because i paid for SWTOR for 3 months when i should have seen it was going to fail...wait what?  I paid for 3 months because i enjoyed it up untill that thrid month, then quietly moved on, no harm no foul.

Its this attitude that really wrecks discussion on these games, not just here either.

Yeah some games are really bad, but to be honest, those are far and few between.  Most games are decent enough to warrent a month or two of play, of enjoyable play at least.  For $15 to $50 a month or two isnt too bad for entertainment..sure as hell cheaper than a decent cable package of which youll probably only use 5-10 channels out of.

• HironHiron Member UncommonPosts: 49

I love the posts about how simple combat is and that it's not that engaging.....o btw i only hit lvl 10.....o btw i only left mouse clicked......so this game is bad......

Wow, so much insight!  Try playing for more than 30minutes, which is how long it takes to get to 10+.  For the trickster rogue, there were abilities that refreshed the stealth bar, recovery stats to lower cooldowns, utility vs pure dmg skills and feats..... so much fun this past weekend.  There is a recount at the end of dungeons to show things like dmg done, healing done, etc. and there were so many people that just didn't care, I see some of those ppl posted here.

I was 25 at the end of beta. It IS bad! Its dumbed down D&D console mmo game. More like 3d Diablo. The dungeon is generic as ****. Its zerg to the boss and kll everything on sight. Minimum amount of traps, puzzle and secrets. There were exactly 2 puzzles till 25. It was a "my first puzzle" experience. # rotating statues which you have to align....twice....in the same sungeon. The character customizations are so limited I dont know what to say. you have 1 type of weapons for every class. Its simplistic and linear.

Score: 5...barely...

Like I said...... made it through the tutorial dungeon and thinks the whole game is based on zerging.  At the very least, there are axes and swords that guardian and rogues can use.

You think 25 out of 60 level is not enough to have a general idea of the game? If I must reach 30-40 to get to the fun part then the game already fails. Only weapon I found and is usable are daggers for my rogue.

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

Yeah I agree.. I won't give this game a score at all until I actually get some time with the final version that is fully implemented instead of an unfinished closed beta where we don't even have access to half the features not to mention high level / endgame..

You think 25 out of 60 level is not enough to have a general idea of the game? If I must reach 30-40 to get to the fun part then the game already fails. Only weapon I found and is usable are daggers for my rogue.

Well, I guess there already is more to the game that you thought.  It's a neverwinter game, every time you enter a new instance there could be hidden passages or treasure.  We found extra bosses in the lvl 30ish dungeon that the golden trail totally missed.  It starts to feel as linear as you want it to be.

Well, I guess there already is more to the game that you thought.  It's a neverwinter game, every time you enter a new instance there could be hidden passages or treasure.  We found extra bosses in the lvl 30ish dungeon that the golden trail totally missed.  It starts to feel as linear as you want it to be.

Have you played NWN 1/2 and DDO? What you call hidden passage/treasure or secret bosses is laughable. I dont think after 30 Cryptic dungeon design will magically turn 180 degree and add loads of secrets. Its sufficient for you but for someone who has played other D&D games where the dungeons truly have a bunch of puzzles and secrets NWO doesnt even come close.

Could you tell me how many puzzles you found in the first 30 levels?

Originally posted by kyssari

Yeah I agree.. I won't give this game a score at all until I actually get some time with the final version that is fully implemented instead of an unfinished closed beta where we don't even have access to half the features not to mention high level / endgame..

Lol endgame is usually just grind for tokens and get gears. In Neverwinter its about the path to 60 not the destination. In NWN the dungeons, story is what makes it fun. You really believe the beta only had half the feature of the full game? IMO this is what you get when it launch.

Have you played NWN 1/2 and DDO? What you call hidden passage/treasure or secret bosses is laughable. I dont think after 30 Cryptic dungeon design will magically turn 180 degree and add loads of secrets. Its sufficient for you but for someone who has played other D&D games where the dungeons truly have a bunch of puzzles and secrets NWO doesnt even come close.

Yes I did play NWN and no this MMO does not have as many puzzles.  But it does have them.  There were a few places where switches needed to be aligned, dungeoneering to open walls, alternative paths with traps, and then plain old exploring.  It was quite fun if you explored, and from your posts it sounds like you barely made it outside the city.....

edit: clarification about switches.  They all did different things, some switched 2 or 3 at a time, etc.  Not hard by any means, but you got a chest to open if you did it right.  Also, the foundry already has an author or two that is creating maps with tons of puzzles. 

Yes I did play NWN and no this MMO does not have as many puzzles.  But it does have them.  There were a few places where switches needed to be aligned, dungeoneering to open walls, alternative paths with traps, and then plain old exploring.  It was quite fun if you explored, and from your posts it sounds like you barely made it outside the city.....

edit: clarification about switches.  They all did different things, some switched 2 or 3 at a time, etc.  Not hard by any means, but you got a chest to open if you did it right.  Also, the foundry already has an author or two that is creating maps with tons of puzzles. 

I was 25 when beta ended. Dont give me that crap you need to be 30+ for the fun part. If it is the game already fails. Other games can have solid contents from level 1 till end. So if I think the game doesnt have enough secrets/puzzles it must be because I havent played long enough? It couldnt be that NW actually doesnt meet my expectations even if I played till 60?

DDO has more puzzles even in the earlier levels. While I agree this game has more dungeon secrets than the average MMO(To be expected btw as this is a D&D game). Its not to be compared with NWN/DDO or even BG for that matter.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Well I have played past 30 much much further in fact and Hiron is right. The dungeons are quite boring and linear. Btw the "but after 30+ argument" is quite lame as that is essentially half the game as of now.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

An easy 8 out of 10 so far. The game is basically NWN 2 with better graphics, online, and with a foundry that allows the creation of unlimited content. Having played some of the longer foundry conten I can say there are plenty of tools there to create some great content.

The vast majority of complaints are coming from people that haevnt learned the new combat system. Most healers having issues healing must have never played Vindictus, Tera or GW2....healing is easy in this game, I had no problems keep my group up in the Tower dungeon, whateer it was called. next most complained about things is content, as if any MMO is released with a lot of it.

Does it need some work? Hell yeah...there are MMOs that have been out for 6 YEARS that needs work...The fact is, its combat is fun, the story is good, the graphics fit the D&D setting, the sounds are spot on and up to level 23(as far as I got) the zones and creatures are varied. And thats all an MMO needs.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    7 out of 10 for now.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    i will try it this weekend for the first time. i hope its not that bad as most of the guys comments here...
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

My overall score for Neverwinter is a 10/10