Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

/age in GW1?

andre369andre369 .Posts: 944Member Uncommon

Since there is a post for GW2 why not make one for GW1? 

Feel free to share some GW1 experiences. 

GW1 was my first real online game next to CS 1.6 I played it on and off for.. 6 Years. It happens to everybody don't it? Just like you'r first love, it's something special about the first MMO you jump into. Atleast in my case it was. A friend introduced it to me and I liked it from the start. The story was good IMO(At the time, being younger lower demands ETC. ) and the skill system was just awesome. Being able to make SO many different builds was just, awesome. 

In GW1 I was a hardcore TA player, tried to get into GvG but I didn't get really into it (High rating) before the later years of GW around nightfall.

Myself I've logged around 6500 hours in GW1. What about you guys? 

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    maybe 100 hours at the most.. i tried but I didn't care for gw1 at all..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VannorVannor YorkshirePosts: 2,969Member Uncommon

Very close to 2000 on my current account. Probably about 5000 since the start (I lost my original release account, I'd forgotten all the details and changed all my emails and stuff in a few years gap).

GW1 and AC1 are the only online games I've 'really' played, done almost everything in (PvE-wise) and been extremely addicted to.

I am 'hoping' they decide to make another expansion for it so I have a reason to go back to it.. but I doubt it.

• HalandirHalandir nnPosts: 758Member Uncommon

I doubt that my GW2 playtime will ever come close to even 10% of my GW /age.

I really loved/love GW. :-)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,801Member Uncommon
    Over 9000 hours in my main account and another thousand split by a couple other accounts.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member
    more than 1500. wish gw2 was a bit more like gw1
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,544Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    maybe 100 hours at the most.. i tried but I didn't care for gw1 at all..

I was in the beta, and I played a bit more than you, but not very long either. I came back from time to time only to stop after a few days again.

The reason is simple: GW1 was not a MMORPG. GW2 is one. If GW2 had been like GW1, an overinstanced lobby game, I wouldn't even have bought it, even less invested 10 to 20 Euros each month in the shop like I do with GW2.

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

----------------

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon
    However long it took me to get powerleveld from 1-10 and to get 30 HON points for GW2.  Didnt enjoy the game at all.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon

PRE SEARING PROPH FORVER.

Best noob area in any online rpg hands down.

Divinity's Reach is nice but I won't remember it as well as pre searing.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?