Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currency System Sucks!

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Played AOW for about 5 days now.

To be honest I like the game however it has serious problems that need to be addressed however beyond these problems  I would say the game is okay.

1. So the game is not Pay 2 Win? How about I call it Pay 2 enjoy, and here is why.

In the current state of the game to trade with other players I have to have Taels, or Unbound Silver, this is a pain for any new player to obtain I have 250+ Liang in less than a few days of playing however the reason I am not able to earn unbound silver well is given the fact that I can't craft all day I am limited on what crafts I can do too so the easiest craft for me to take up is farming & cooking to make my own food because I am not spending any real money in the game and prevent myself from straving during this time I can make about 5-10 Taels a day but lets say items cost 1 DING and I can't find items less than 100 taels which I should be able to its insane.

2. There is no currency exchange that  Iknow about by tutorial basically the only way to make Unbound silver that I know of is kidnapping which in my school is not allowed or we get punished or Purchasing gold, or third party illegal transactions which is the best way but risks account ban.

3. The alternate resolution to this is giving players the ability to learn all crafts, and farm as much as they want then it really wouldn't matter because I could be cooking my own food and crafting my own armor for being a newbie and selling it without worrying about buying thins from others when i dont have the coin to be doing such really at least not at those insane prices.

Besides the quest bugs I have found with invalid locations and the fact the gathering skills like mining, or wood cutting have no sound effects its a good game, but the way the economy works lets pray that they resolve this before the game is released in this state it sucks big times now I am not sure how long the game has been out so players might have had a long time to farm up but they should think about the new players who are coming to this game and not wanting to spend a lot of real life money to obtain their items.

DarkFall for example is a True SandBox game full loot pvp, and level every craft this game you can't do this so for a new player its pretty dificult and the two currency system makes no sense its just conufsing and kills the game for the most part.

The worst is that they offer no exchange at all between bound and unbound leaving two ways that I know of to obtain unbound, Kidnap players, or Real Money.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/posting.php?mode=edit&f=30&p=32012

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Punctuation. It's your friend.

My eyes are bleeding.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

I've only spent gold on VIP.  If you are concerned about 1 gold to 10L unbound conversion rate, then my account is easily worth over $1,000 dollars - which it obviously isn't.

The game simply isn't P2W.  There are people that are very good at forbidden instances, farming, markets, and script stealing.  Then there are those that aren't.  You'll see a very clear wealth split between those players with some people in the middle (like myself).

Breaking into the market can be a bit rough.  Your starting point is kidnapping your way up to enough unbound to start using the 30 day collection buffs.  Then you start farming and selling accordingly, both while maintaining a strong market value for your vigor without flooding any particularly market.

You've spent 5 days in a game that takes well over a month to get a reasonable, if not complete, understanding.  I'm going to go with you simply don't know what you are talking and don't feel like trying to hard to fix that.  It's hard to have pity for that.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

problem are players not game, in russian version some items are even 5 times cheaper than in NA

as long as players will buy overpriced items other will sell them its simple

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

This aint a game where you get it all now. For a month I lived day to day.  30L here 10L here, I thought 300L was big money. 

Just like your character growing over time so will you, and your earning capabilities. No, a 5 day character is not able to purchase everything he wants, or even needs. 

Fast forward to this month. The last two weeks I've made 6-7D. I feel good about that, yet there are others making much much more. Feel free to PM me, I may be able to help get you on your feet. 

In the mean time, WORK YOUR PROFESSION.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by bcbully

This aint a game where you get it all now. For a month I lived day to day.  30L here 10L here, I thought 300L was big money. 

Just like your character growing over time so will you, and your earning capabilities. No, a 5 day character is not able to purchase everything he wants, or even needs. 

Fast forward to this month. The last two weeks I've made 6-7D. I feel good about that, yet there are others making much much more. Feel free to PM me, I may be able to help get you on your feet. 

In the mean time, WORK YOUR PROFESSION.

well depends how You look on it, in chinese version I have 253L and only thing I use moneys from 4 months is fixing items

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

2 different topics in OP - currency system and game economy. The former is fine, the latter is broken.